Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ACE SANDERS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
8 catches for 67 yards and he has been improving every week. I also may have missed it, but I heard he had a nice return as well! Steal in the 4th round! Go Jags!
Can't wait to see him next year!  Rookie year is usually tough on WRs and he's already playing well.  Another offseason with with Sullivan and this kid may be something special!

Looks much better than Mike Thomas

Looks like I was wrong about him, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Quote:Looks much better than Mike Thomas

He reminds me a lot of pre-extension Mike Thomas, which is a compliment.
Quote:Looks like I was wrong about him, and I couldn't be happier about it.
Kudos to you! Now if only TMD could have some humility and say the same.
Hes the new mold of WR. Like the Randall Cobb / Percy Harvin / Tavon Austin. Line him up everywhere and find creative ways to get him the ball in space. Great find by Caldwell.

Quote:Kudos to you! Now if only TMD could have some humility and say the same.

He played a good game yesterday. Lets see more of it. If we do, I'll gladly admit wrong. 

He seems to be a nice Julian Edelman-type. Useful cog. 
I like how he was a threat in the run game.  Fisch used him to stretch the field.

I think I remember him blowing somebody up with a stiff arm at the end of a run, and another time with a block.   Definitely doesn't seem to be too small to play NFL.

Quote:He played a good game yesterday. Lets see more of it. If we do, I'll gladly admit wrong. 

He seems to be a nice Julian Edelman-type. Useful cog. 
Fair enough.  If Blackmon could just keep his nose clean we have something to be really excited about going forward.

He is doing what DRob was supposed to be doing. OW..
Quote:Fair enough.  If Blackmon could just keep his nose clean we have something to be really excited about going forward.

Yeah, I wouldn't put all my eggs in the Blackmon basket now though. I think they have to bring in another WR1 type, if possible. Just as insurance......worst thing that happens from that is you have yet another weapon for whatever young QB we draft. 
Quote:Yeah, I wouldn't put all my eggs in the Blackmon basket now though. I think they have to bring in another WR1 type, if possible. Just as insurance......worst thing that happens from that is you have yet another weapon for whatever young QB we draft. 
Trust me, i have zero faith in Blackmon at this point and agree fully.
Sammy Watkins?  Mike Evans?  Dude from USC?

Quote:Sammy Watkins?  Mike Evans?  Dude from USC?

Watkins is a burner. 4.4 40. Strong, athletic, good hands, threat after the catch. He could stretch the field while Blackmon would be dangerous underneath. Shorts would be a dangerous #3. Plus no more 8 or 9 in the box. Would make things easier on the QB.
Quote:Watkins is a burner. 4.4 40. Strong, athletic, good hands, threat after the catch. He could stretch the field while Blackmon would be dangerous underneath. Shorts would be a dangerous #3. Plus no more 8 or 9 in the box. Would make things easier on the QB.
Watkins is going top 10 I think. He won't be there in the 2nd. If we're looking at potential for #33/34 look at people like Jordan Matthews, Brandin Cooks.
Important note in the "plus column" for Ace:

Ace Sanders has better hands than any of our current receivers.  As he gets more comfortable - he's displaying the sure hands he was known for as a collegiate athlete. 

I like the way Jedd got him involved yesterday. He did some creative stuff to get him the ball in space. 

Quote:Important note in the "plus column" for Ace:

Ace Sanders has better hands than any of our current receivers.  As he gets more comfortable - he's displaying the sure hands he was known for as a collegiate athlete.

Blackmon leaving has given Saunders a great opportunity to develop his skills at the pro level. He should be that much better next year. I think he will be a good weapon for years to come. Nice job, Dave.
Pages: 1 2 3 4