Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Denard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did he do anything?
was he even active? i thought he got promoted?

He got held on special teams kick coverage.  No flag. 

Other than that, no.  They did trot him out as a receiver once, but didn't look his way. 

has he ever?

Cant hold onto the ball, cant get time.

Robinson is a project, guy was a 5th rounder with a bunch of talent but no real position.

I didn't see him once. It seems like Denard and Ace have the same body shape and speed (not sure), makes me wonder why we don't use him like we use Ace?

Quote:has he ever?
He looked really good in preseason actually.  :confused:

He's a project 5th round pick.  It's OK if it takes a while for him to find a niche.  Hopefully he catches on running to the edge or catching the ball in the flats after the O-line gets upgraded next year.  
Will we store him on IR? lol
I think he fits the receiver mold more than RB. Hope he continues to work on the WR position.

Quote:He looked really good in preseason actually.  :confused:

He's a project 5th round pick.  It's OK if it takes a while for him to find a niche.  Hopefully he catches on running to the edge or catching the ball in the flats after the O-line gets upgraded next year.  

I think his biggest problem is lack of real game time play, he's just so far down the depth chart because we actually have talent at the skill positions for once we never get to see him.

That said he hasn't done much with the few opportunities he did have.
Quote:I think his biggest problem is lack of real game time play, he's just so far down the depth chart because we actually have talent at the skill positions for once we never get to see him.

That said he hasn't done much with the few opportunities he did have.
Doesn't help that our OL has been turrible in transitioning schemes. They are looking like they're starting to figure it out though.
Quote:Doesn't help that our OL has been turrible in transitioning schemes. They are looking like they're starting to figure it out though.

I'm not crazy about this zone blocking scheme but I'm willing to give it a chance.
I think he may not survive this year actually.

If someone gets hurt, I see him being cut in place for whatever Free Agent we pick up.

His entire goal is to make it through the year on the roster and then hope that next year the light turns on for him.

Quote:Doesn't help that our OL has been turrible in transitioning schemes. They are looking like they're starting to figure it out though.
 Yes.   It's been the difference in the offense since the bye.  

No coincidence we ran for over 100 yards 2 weeks in a row and Fisch is opening the playbook.  The O-line finally " getting it" has been the catalyst of change. 

Fans will have to be patient with this kid because he's clearly a talented athlete.  They just need to find ways to use him, and when they do, he has to find ways to be effective.  I suspect things will start to slow down for him next year, and when it does, he'll step up and show what he can do.

Quote:I didn't see him once. It seems like Denard and Ace have the same body shape and speed (not sure), makes me wonder why we don't use him like we use Ace?

Because Ace is better at being Ace than Denard is at being Ace.

On another note, just to remind all those questioning how little Denard Robinson done this year, remember all the plays CS3 made during his rookie year? Yeah... no one does. And Robinson has touched the ball a few times more already so obviously it's a given he'll explode onto the scene next year!

I kid, I kid. But he'll figure it out. I don't see him being great but I'd be surprised if he doesn't become serviceable and the occassional playmaker.
Quote:He got held on special teams kick coverage.  No flag. 
I saw that too, the first punt of the game IRRC.

As far as DRob, it seems like they like Todman a lot more right now. Not sure why they named him the #2 RB a few weeks back.
Quote:Fans will have to be patient with this kid because he's clearly a talented athlete.  They just need to find ways to use him, and when they do, he has to find ways to be effective.  I suspect things will start to slow down for him next year, and when it does, he'll step up and show what he can do.
Yeah when I see him I think of Mike Brown and how he matured from year 1 to year 2. If DRob can do that, he could be something special.
Quote:Not sure why they named him the #2 RB a few weeks back.
Just trying to see what they have, I think.   That experiment ended when he fumbled the ball.  It would have been nice if he could have been a factor this season - but graduating to the NFL and learning a new position(s) is proving to be tough.   I remain optimistic and patient.  His athleticism is worth developing a while. 
Pages: 1 2