Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Yahoo article
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/what-can-the-jaguars-do-about-their-enormous-blake-bortles-problem-212708383.html

I think it's time to go to plan B

Does Plan B involve getting a competent coach?

Dude is so Bad. Romo would get us to the playoffs instantly.
there isnt a single piece of info here that you cant find within 5 seconds of twitter search. Why was this even written.
Careful what you wish for. Plan B might move the team elsewhere.
Quote:Does Plan B involve getting a competent coach?
Plan B is abortion drugs
Quote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/what-can-the-jaguars-do-about-their-enormous-blake-bortles-problem-212708383.html

Since Bradley and Bortles both begin with a "B" I would rather go to plan "C', "D" or "E"
Holy crap....the thing that summed it up for me is that he now has more pick 6's in his career than victories (11/10).  That is a sad....sad statistic.

Quote:Dude is so Bad. Romo would get us to the playoffs instantly.

Romo would not want to be a Jaguar.
Quote:Romo would not want to be a Jaguar.

A real Jaguar fan wouldn't say that Romo wouldn't want to be a Jaguars.
Quote:there isnt a single piece of info here that you cant find within 5 seconds of twitter search. Why was this even written.

Because some people create fake Twitter accounts and others make stuff up. Twitter is a terrible news source if the report does not come from someone who would write an objective article on NFL.com or a similar site.
Quote:A real Jaguar fan wouldn't say that Romo wouldn't want to be a Jaguars.

Tony Romo has reportedly expressed interest in joining the Broncos, who obviously could use him right away. I also read NFL news from around the league including some things the Cowboys are doing.

Bortles has had three offensive coordinators in his career. The first was so successful that he's now a position coach in college. Another is probably going to go back to being a position coach after proving himself to be one of the worst coordinators in the game multiple times. The third will also probably head back to a position coach role sometime in January. Point being: all of his offensive coordinators have sucked, and his QB coaches have been reasonably awful as well.

Don't give up on Bortles, but don't hand him the job either. Sign a veteran FA who could be a competent starter if Bortles doesn't improve early in the season. Pull a Belichick and draft a QB in the third round (since we'll undoubtedly be drafting too high to take one in the second), then groom that guy to be the top backup on day one so he's ready to start right around day 30 if need be.

I think a lot of things surrounding Bortles are wrong. His line is crap, he has no support to speak of from the run game, and his receivers have been inconsistent all year. There are also problems with Bortles. His accuracy has tanked. His mechanics have fallen apart, and the decisions he makes are mind-boggling. If someone offered me a top-20 pick for him, I'd take it. But I wouldn't cut or fire-sale him because there is a lot of talent there, and if we bring in a tough head coach and an offensive coordinator who can build a game plan around Bortles' skill set instead of just crashing Yeldon into the line twice then throwing a deep out/pick six and punting (if we're lucky enough to get the chance), BB5 could still have something to show us. Garbage time ace or not, he looked good for a lot of last year, and I'm clinging to hope that he can get back there instead of mashing reset on the QB position yet again.
Abort the BBINT experiment!!!
Quote:Abort the BBINT experiment!!!

There is no reason to do that.
Quote:Dude is so Bad. Romo would get us to the playoffs instantly.

Wholeheartedly disagree. The guy who's been on IR 3 times in 2 seasons behind the best offensive line in football is certainly not the answer here.

Although I wouldn't expect you to get my drift.
Quote:There is no reason to do that.

Abortions lead to less tragedies. Abort!
Quote:Wholeheartedly disagree. The guy who's been on IR 3 times in 2 seasons behind the best offensive line in football is certainly not the answer here.

Although I wouldn't expect you to get my drift.

Thats your opinion. I think he would do well here. He is everything Bortles is not.
Quote:Tony Romo has reportedly expressed interest in joining the Broncos, who obviously could use him right away. I also read NFL news from around the league including some things the Cowboys are doing.

Cowboys fan?
Romo's not getting anyone to the playoffs.

He's barely capable of getting you to the Bye week at this point in his career. He's made of glass.

3 plays. In the preseason... that's what he was able to give Dallas this year.
Pages: 1 2 3