Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Andre Branch show?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He's been wrecking havoc so far in the first half of this game, He really looks like a different person after the bye. 

On the flip side, henne's been sacked 5 times already in the half?

Yea, Branch looked good today, at least from my vantage point.  I am curious if anyone saw the same thing?  I am not afraid to admit that sometimes I am woefully off when evaluating DEs.

Quote:Yea, Branch looked good today, at least from my vantage point.  I am curious if anyone saw the same thing?  I am not afraid to admit that sometimes I am woefully off when evaluating DEs.

He didnt really win many one on ones, but he is getting better in that department. His standout plays came when he was stunted across the whole line.
He sure got pressure!

Quote:He didnt really win many one on ones, but he is getting better in that department. His standout plays came when he was stunted across the whole line.
Yeah his 1v1 was still lacking like we've been noticing all year, but it seems like theyr'e finding creative ways to get him a head start. He was suprisingly fast on that sack he had on the loop around stunt where he started over the left tackle and blew by the right tackle. Maybe there'd be a way to make him a leo.
Today I saw atleast 2 big hits on the QB including a sack.  He was putting on the pressure too

A lot of credit has to go to the coaching staff.  They are finding ways to use the personnel more effectively.

Good to see he's fast enough to pull off the stunts, but he hasn't really beaten anybody for a sack yet this year. 

Seemed like the first time we sent linebackers and dropped linemen
Quote:Good to see he's fast enough to pull off the stunts, but he hasn't really beaten anybody for a sack yet this year.

True but he did almost get a safety on a nice inside move on the tackle if I remember correctly.
Andre had a really good game today. He jumped out a little bit. My friends even asked me who he was when we were watching which I guess is good haha
Quote:True but he did almost get a safety on a nice inside move on the tackle if I remember correctly.
I know which play you're talking about, and while i dont' want to rob any credit from him for his work ethic, that was a designed screen pass so in a sense he probably never really had a chance.

However, what i would have liked to see from the two linemen who were their, Branch and whoever 57 i think it was is, is for them to have got their hands up, because it was a low thrown ball that they probably could have picked off or at least batted down.
Quote:I know which play you're talking about, and while i dont' want to rob any credit from him for his work ethic, that was a designed screen pass so in a sense he probably never really had a chance.

However, what i would have liked to see from the two linemen who were their, Branch and whoever 57 i think it was is, is for them to have got their hands up, because it was a low thrown ball that they probably could have picked off or at least batted down.

Agreed. He went for the homerun (safety)
Also nice to see Senderrick Swatt. Definitely holding onto him for next season
maybe we can start calling him swatt'derrick marks eh? eh? eh?

On a side note, Look at that jack del rio on track to lose to the patriots for the 50th time in his carrer

and the pats take the lead

Quote:maybe we can start calling him swatt'derrick marks eh? eh? eh?

On a side note, Look at that jack del rio on track to lose to the patriots for the 50th time in his carrer

and the pats take the lead

Great game. I wish we had someone like Brady man
I'm interested to see if it ends like the SF new england game last year.

<sub>It is nice to see Andre Branch and Ryan Davis develop in front of our eyes.  Two young developmental players at a premium position.  I wonder if Babin or Mincey are brought back next  year?</sub>

I think we get babin's replacement in the draft next year for sure, maybe 2nd or 3rd round, hell if we keep winning it could be the first.

Any of the backups can solidly replace Babin.  Mincey, Davis or Branch.  Babin is 5th best of 5 Jags DEs, including underwhelming Alualu.  
Pages: 1 2 3