Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags vs Texans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Morning Jaguars fans. I haven't posted here much in a good while, been too busy on the Texans board arguing about the current meltdown in Reliant Stadium. Looks like not only are we competing this weekend head to head, we are now also competing for the better draft position at seasons end. Seeing as how we struggled even against the mighty Raiders, how do you think your Jaguars will fare against us? The trendy thing to do at the moment is to send blitz after blitz against our young QB with the understanding that he is struggling to read them, our coach is struggling to call plays to counter them, and our o-line seems to be unable to keep defenders out of the pocket. I do still see a plethora of potential in Case Keenum and would love to see him light up the field sometime soon, however with all of our struggles as of late, I also doubt that will happen this weekend. 

Also, Congratulations on putting those Titans in their place a while back. Love it!

If you think the Texans struggled against the Raiders, you should've watched when we played them.

Our defense has been playing better the past couple of weeks, but I don't see our offense picking it up until we get Teddy.

The Jags will probably beat the Texans.....

The Texans will finish with a better pick than us and get the QB they need to add to that defense, and then we'll be out in the cold, again...

#becausejaguars

^^ that dude needs to find a new team

Quote:^^ that dude needs to find a new team

wrong. ^^^ that team needs to just start doing things right (long term) for a change, which will then generate success, and then lack of criticism from me. 

Quote:The Jags will probably beat the Texans.....

The Texans will finish with a better pick than us and get the QB they need to add to that defense, and then we'll be out in the cold, again...

#becausejaguars

I doubt it. Keenum will score enough in the first half that the fact he can't play under the pressure of the second half won't matter.
The Jags certainly have a chance to compete with the texans, but I fear the youth and injury in our secondary will likely prove too much to overcome again.  If the pass rush can reach Keenum consistently, perhaps the Jags will win a turnover battle.  That's the only way I see them coming out on top and I think it's a longshot to happen. 

Our offense isn't capable of putting up sufficient  points without favorable field position and turnovers. 

Quote: 

Our offense isn't capable of putting up sufficient  points without favorable field position and turnovers. 

I could see that happening, though.....just like in the Titans game a few weeks back the Texans are just as bad as the Titans right now, if not worse. They are in free fall.

#becausejaguars

You do realize we are in better position to earn the #1 pick now then we were a couple of weeks ago?

Don't understand the moaning, even if that is your thing.

#becausejaguars

First it was the Bucs tanking, which they didn't.

Now, you actually think the Texans are bad enough to get the #1 pick?

I agree with a lot of what you say, but what on this green earth have you seen to make you believe we are half as good as any 2 win team out there right now?
Quote:First it was the Bucs tanking, which they didn't.

Now, you actually think the Texans are bad enough to get the #1 pick?

I agree with a lot of what you say, but what on this green earth have you seen to make you believe we are half as good as any 2 win team out there right now?
The issue isnt talent its standings. If the Jaguars win, then the Texans vault ahead of them on the draft board because the Jaguars have the head to head win. A win against the Texans sends thr Jags back to pick 4 or so because of tiebreakers.

For someone supporting draft picks over wins at this point, its a nightmare scenario.
Quote:The issue isnt talent its standings. If the Jaguars win, then the Texans vault ahead of them on the draft board because the Jaguars have the head to head win. A win against the Texans sends thr Jags back to pick 4 or so because of tiebreakers.

For someone supporting draft picks over wins at this point, its a nightmare scenario.

Regarding Draft tiebreakers,    the # 1 tiebreaker is strength of schedule.   I'm not sure if there's even a # 2 tiebreaker other than a coin flip.   
The only winnable games on the Tinhorns schedule are the Jags twice and Tennessee.

Quote:Regarding Draft tiebreakers, the # 1 tiebreaker is strength of schedule. I'm not sure if there's even a # 2 tiebreaker other than a coin flip.
You are correct, head to head does not factor in to it, I dun goofed.

Division record does factor in to it, but after strength of schedule. This would be comparing Bills/Browns to Ravens/Patriots, and I believe the Jags schedule is weaker there, if only by a little.
Quote:You are correct, head to head does not factor in to it, I dun goofed.

Division record does factor in to it, but after strength of schedule. This would be comparing Bills/Browns to Ravens/Patriots, and I believe the Jags schedule is weaker there, if only by a little.

No problem at all.

If the Texans beat the Jaguars this coming Sunday,  more likely than not,   it will take the Texans out of the equation for the # 1 pick.

If the Jaguars beat the Texans this coming Sunday,   that will seriously open the door for the Texans to end up with either the top pick or close to that.   

Even with the injuries the Texans are dealing with,  I'm very surprised that the team has lost 8 games in a row.    On paper,  the Texans should be at or close to .500,  if not better.   But as we have seen so many times,  games are won on the field.    Because of the instability at the QB position that Gary Kubiak created and the improvement the Jaguars have displayed recently,   this game could realistically go either way.
Quote: 

If the Jaguars beat the Texans this coming Sunday,   that will seriously open the door for the Texans to end up with either the top pick or close to that.   

Exactly. 

Someone better let StroudCrowd1 in on this....the concept seems to be evading him. 

The Texans have played horribly this year and could easily lose to the Jags....and if it happens it won't likely be because of any "great football" that the Jags played - it will be because the Texans made enough mistakes to lose the game, just like the Titans did vs the Jags a few weeks back. 

People just fail to see this. Its what makes the 2nd half of the Jags schedule so concerning to those of us that want the Jags to get Bridgewater and finally turn the franchise around long term. 

Quote:Exactly. 

Someone better let StroudCrowd1 in on this....the concept seems to be evading him. 

The Texans have played horribly this year and could easily lose to the Jags....and if it happens it won't likely be because of any "great football" that the Jags played - it will be because the Texans made enough mistakes to lose the game, just like the Titans did vs the Jags a few weeks back. 

People just fail to see this. Its what makes the 2nd half of the Jags schedule so concerning to those of us that want the Jags to get Bridgewater and finally turn the franchise around long term. 

I don't think the Jaguars have the talent to win all of their remaining 6 games and probably not the majority of them.  Yet,  when looking at the Jaguars remaining schedule,  all 6 games individually look winnable.    Especially if the Colts can't advance their playoff position in week # 17.
Quote:wrong. ^^^ that team needs to just start doing things right (long term) for a change, which will then generate success, and then lack of criticism from me. 
like intentionally tanking games? you realize these coaches make money by winning games, right?
Quote:The only winnable games on the Tinhorns schedule are the Jags twice and Tennessee.
are you kidding me? 4 of their losses were by 3 points are less, all of our losses are by double digits

they'll be dogs in the other 3 games, but to say they're not winnable isn't right IMO, also they're getting Broncos at home week 16 which they might start pulling starters depending on how KC does in the next few weeks.
Quote:  I don't think the Jaguars have the talent to win all of their remaining 6 games and probably not the majority of them.  Yet,  when looking at the Jaguars remaining schedule,  all 6 games individually look winnable.    Especially if the Colts can't advance their playoff position in week # 17.

Thats the way I've seen it since week 8 concluded. Every game after that one on the schedule looked "winnable". 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6