Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: China mad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Donald Trump answered a call from the Taiwanese president, who congratulated him on this victory. This is "unprecedented", breaking the "one-china" policy which enacted by I believe Jimmy Carter. In this policy, we are forbidden, by China, from interacting diplomatically with Taiwan.

China is slightly peeved, liberals believe this is the beginning of World War 3, and conservatives view this as the United States reaffirming its military and economic leverage at the global level.

Trump speaks with Taiwan's president, risking China tensions

Good? Bad?

I think it's great. Donald Trump campaigned on using our leverage and reasserting our position as top dog. We already trade massively with Taiwan in the tech industry, so it isn't like Taiwan is cut off from other nations. Plus, is receiving a congratulatory phone call really that big of a deal? No, its not.

No more kowtowing to nations like China or Iran. They aren't the head of the food chain; we are. These kinds of actions reinforce it.

Why Trump was right to talk with Taiwan's president

A One China policy ignores reality, it's past time Taipei got the recognition it deserves.
Sorry China.

'Merica!

You talk Taipei fo' owa. You go home now!

What are they going to do? Cut off trade with us? NO way, their economy would collaspe.......

I'm sure we can find other places to have our Nike's and Puma's made..........

I like it

He probably didnt even know that was isnt allowed to talk to them

Anything the establishment says is wrong is now right and should be praised.
Quote:You talk Taipei fo' owa. You go home now!

[Image: 6cf63e1ad332a6aa2b398b02b6fc1c94.jpg]

[Image: b4d8a8fb68d6123a705203bfe3823aa9.jpg]
Part of me says this is Trump showing his foreign policy ignorance, and part of me says, who the hell are they to tell us whom we can or cannot talk to. Besides, we are their biggest customer, so screw them.

Besides, we adopted the one China policy when we were trying to split them off from the Soviet union, and lately they've been kind of of obnoxious. So what does our one china policy get us?
I'm sure that story that came out indicating Trump had initially talked to Taiwan about hotel development is bunk too.. there's no way the guy could be a foreign policy dunce whose primary goal as president is to better position his business interests.
Let them get upset. It's petty over there. Like it was stated earlier. What are they going to do? Stop trading with us? We're the biggest consumer they have in the market. 

To anyone saying "let them stop trading with us, their economy will collapse"; so will the American economy. The amount of stuff that will become scarce if USA-China trade is stopped is colossal, it essentially the economic version of MAD and the single best tool for maintaining peace between two superpowers. 

Quote:To anyone saying "let them stop trading with us, their economy will collapse"; so will the American economy. The amount of stuff that will become scarce if USA-China trade is stopped is colossal, it essentially the economic version of MAD and the single best tool for maintaining peace between two superpowers. 

What items does China make that we could neither do without nor buy elsewhere?

Quote:What items does China make that we could neither do without nor buy elsewhere?

Krab Rangoons made with fake crab meat.
Quote:I'm sure that story that came out indicating Trump had initially talked to Taiwan about hotel development is bunk too.. there's no way the guy could be a foreign policy dunce whose primary goal as president is to better position his business interests.

Yeah, right?

Quote:...in theory I could run my business perfectly, and then run the country perfectly.
- Donald Trump
Quote:What items does China make that we could neither do without nor buy elsewhere?

big wheels
As long as Trump doesn't deport of of the Chinese and deprive me of getting good General Tso Chicken and Pork Lo Mein from Wok n Roll, then I'm ok with Trump messing around with China & Taiwan

Hot Chinese Chicks.

[Image: beautiful-girl.jpg]

Quote:As long as Trump doesn't deport of of the Chinese and deprive me of getting good General Tso Chicken and Pork Lo Mein from Wok n Roll, then I'm ok with Trump messing around with China & Taiwan

You're safe, they are likely owned and operated by Vietnamese immigrants.
Pages: 1 2 3 4