Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cardinals Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Enough time has passed now that we can move on to the next game, at home against the Arizona Cardinals.

Reasons for hope: Three wins were at 1-8 Tampa Bay and home against the 2-7 Falcons and Texans. The Buccaneers and Texans lost by three points. Houston played without head coach Gary Kubiak. Losses include the 4-6 Rams in St. Louis. So I don't think the Cardinals are as good as their record. Also, they traditionally are bad with jet lag and have a losing record for 1:00 games in the Eastern time zone, so playing at home should help us.

Reasons to worry: Poz suffered a concussion at Tennessee and his backup is suspended, leaving a huge hole at MLB if he can't be cleared to play. Unlike last year they have a capable quarterback (Carson Palmer) and a good coach (Bruce Arians) who was an offensive coordinator for many years. We were lucky to beat Tennessee with a terrible offense because the deciding score was a holding penalty in the end zone.

Are you hopeful or worried about our chances of winning Sunday?

Cards D is pretty good. I think it will be a low scoring loss for us. 17-6 cards.

I thought we'd lose last week 34-3. Not sure anymore
Quote:I thought we'd lose last week 34-3. Not sure anymore.

I knew the score would not be that bad. The Titans suck no matter who plays quarterback and our defense is underrated.

So I guess you want to know if the Cardinals are better or worse than the Titans.
If it snows Sunday, and I know that's not in the long range forecast, the Cardinals will fold like a cheap tent. Mark my words, JW.

Cards are 27th in the league in yards per game on offense.  This may actually be a closer game than I first thought.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags won any number of the games remaining on their schedule. I said this all season about how easy the last 8 games were and how difficult the first 8 were, but no one believed....

No way we win.  Hopefully were competitive though and keep Henne from making bonehead passes.

Quote:No way we win.  Hopefully were competitive though and keep Henne from making bonehead passes.

hahhahaha, another disbeliever....

I'll say it again....the 2nd half schedule of the Jags is cake. Lots of BAD QB's. There are no more "no way can we win" games left on the entire schedule. They were all used up in weeks 1-8. 
Quote:I knew the score would not be that bad. The Titans suck no matter who plays quarterback and our defense is underrated.

So I guess you want to know if the Cardinals are better or worse than the Titans.
Don't we give up the most rushing yards per game? Not sure how that can be "underrated."
Im starting to agree with TMD about the schedule. Its looking like a cake walk compared to the insane brutal start to the season. Seattle, Denver ,San Fran , Indy , KC and heck even St Louis is playing solid defense right now.

Which is a bit worrisome given that Minnesota has a silly tough schedule from here on out and are likely looking to replace ponder.

AZ wins and covers.
If the Cards play their worst game of the year, the Jags will win.

So we have a 1 in 16 chance.  Hell, it's a chance.

Henne throws 5 picks. Has 5 more batted down at the LOS.

Love all the people worrying about our easy schedule. We still have arguably the worst roster in football, a rookie HC, and embarrassingly bad QBs- to act like we have a bunch of winnable games in the schedule is laughable.
Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags won any number of the games remaining on their schedule. I said this all season about how easy the last 8 games were and how difficult the first 8 were, but no one believed....

Don't hurt your arm trying to pat yourself on the back.
This reminds me of the Detroit game last year. I would not be surprised to see Arizona win by something like 20-6. Our offense is still god awful. We got 9 points last week from the defense. And another 7 was a result of a fumble recovery deep in titans territory. Chad Henne still only has 3 TD's on the season. 3.

Quote:Henne throws 5 picks. Has 5 more batted down at the LOS.

Love all the people worrying about our easy schedule. We still have arguably the worst roster in football, a rookie HC, and embarrassingly bad QBs- to act like we have a bunch of winnable games in the schedule is laughable.
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the win on Sunday. But after watching the game Monday on DVR, all I could think was 'how the hell did we win that game?'.
Quote:Im starting to agree with TMD about the schedule. Its looking like a cake walk compared to the insane brutal start to the season. Seattle, Denver ,San Fran , Indy , KC and heck even St Louis is playing solid defense right now.

Which is a bit worrisome given that Minnesota has a silly tough schedule from here on out and are likely looking to replace ponder.

Even if it is a "cakewalk" compared to the first half of the schedule. Keep in mind we lost every game by double digits. That includes game against mediocre teams like Oakland, St Louis and at home against San Diego. We're bad.
Time for the Jaguars to ruin their draft position.

Another 2-3 INT game from Henne and MJD and the defense barely manage to squeak the Jaguars to another win.

Here we come #8 pick in the draft!

Quote:Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the win on Sunday. But after watching the game Monday on DVR, all I could think was 'how the hell did we win that game?'.

The defense made plays, scored points and put the offense in good position. The offense basically had a typical game. Unless the defense plays like that again, I don't see another win.
Pages: 1 2 3 4