Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Case Keenum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Where did this guy come from? I just watched him throw 2 big boy TD passes tonight against the clots. The "experts" said he lacks arm strength but where? The Texans might have something in him....unfortunately.
I find it sad that almost every single QB that gets a chance to start looks WAY BETTER then Blaine Gabbert, Case Keenum and even Thad Lewis, last year we saw Guys like Nick Foles who is doing good this year too and Kurt Cousins. 

We scouted him when he was at Houston, heck I think BCC had an article on the front office being high on him at one point. I lost track of him after we drafted Blaine not sure if he was an UDFA or late round pick, but he looks like the real deal and Schaubs replacement in Houston. Sucks just addh im to another long list of guys we missed on.

Quote:I find it sad that almost every single QB that gets a chance to start looks WAY BETTER then Blaine Gabbert, Case Keenum and even Thad Lewis, last year we saw Guys like Nick Foles who is doing good this year too and Kurt Cousins. 

Just 8 more games. Then help will be on the way.
Keenum is a stud. But lets not get carried away. He is taking over one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. But he is still 0-2 as a starter. Still I think he has a great future if he is given the chance.

If Houston had him as a starter from the beginning of the season, they would still be in contention for a playoff spot.

I pray the Texans think he is the future for them at QB. From one QB purgatory situation in Schaub right into another one. Guaranteed they wouldn't win a Super Bowl with Schaub and that was spot on, now I'll make the same for Keenum. 

Perfectly average QBs like Schaub, Keenum, Dalton, etc. don't win SBs unless they have all time surrounding talent around them like the 85 Bears and 00 Ravens, and the Texans are good but nowhere near that.

Didn't he have a rather nasty injury in his Junior season? I remember liking the guy, but I thought there was some injury concerns with him.

Quote:Perfectly average QBs like Schaub, Keenum, Dalton, etc. don't win SBs unless they have all time surrounding talent around them like the 85 Bears and 00 Ravens, and the Texans are good but nowhere near that.

I completely disagree.  It's rare, but you don't need "all time surrounding talent".  Jeff Hoestetler, Jim Plunkett, and Brad Johnson are just 3 more examples.  Matt Hasselbeck would have won one if not for the refs in SB 40.  Instead, a really bad Ben Roethlisberger did.  And then he got better.

As for Case, I liked what I saw.  The long throws might be what we remember from the game, but it's his short throws while running full speed that impress me.  He reminds me of Rodgers and Kap with his touch.
He looked solid last night. I don't know if he is a long term answer there but they have half a season to help figure it out.

Would be a nice problem to have here.

Quote: 

Perfectly average QBs like Schaub, Keenum, Dalton, etc. don't win SBs unless they have all time surrounding talent around them like the 85 Bears and 00 Ravens, and the Texans are good but nowhere near that.
Andy Dalton average? LOL just because a guy is not P.Manning in his prime right away doesnt make him avg, I bet Dalton first 3 years destroy Mannings, in yards, tds, and less Ints. Andy Dalton is a stud QB people need that in there heads.

Quote:Andy Dalton average? LOL just because a guy is not P.Manning in his prime right away doesnt make him avg, I bet Dalton first 3 years destroy Mannings, in yards, tds, and less Ints. Andy Dalton is a stud QB people need that in there heads.

Agree 100% Dalton is legit, people try to link him to Flacco just cause......
He's short, one trick pony, he will be shut down when the film is dissected.   Would I prefer him to gabbs/henne this year?  Sure, who wouldn't?

Would I want to trade for him to see matt flynn II?  No.
Quote:He's short, one trick pony, he will be shut down when the film is dissected.   Would I prefer him to gabbs/henne this year?  Sure, who wouldn't?

If he's a one trick pony.. what's the "one trick"?  He can throw it and he can run it too.

He's played in multiple games now.. so the Colts had film on him and he doesn't start just because the starter is hurt.. he beat out the previous starter and will continue to start (so this has nothing to do with Matt Flynn.. that was a bad comparison)

What he is, is a example on how the entire draft process is a absolute crapshoot.  Case Keenum should've been drafted and he can play in this league.
He has one mode to play the game.  Easy to defend when you know his tendency's.

How many yards did he have after 2nd half adjustments?
Quote:He has one mode to play the game.  Easy to defend when you know his tendency's.

How many yards did he have after 2nd half adjustments?

What's his "one mode", tell us...  I can't offer a counter argument against "modes"

for Halftime adjustments, I might be stupid, but if your play caller has a stroke on the field it might actually effect the playcalling a little.
Quote:Agree 100% Dalton is legit, people try to link him to Flacco just cause......

Dalton is better than Flacco, but let's not get carried away here. He's not exactly in the same tier as Stafford, Ryan and Luck. He's more on par with the likes of Kaepernick and Wilson.

Quote:He's short, one trick pony, he will be shut down when the film is dissected.   Would I prefer him to gabbs/henne this year?  Sure, who wouldn't?

I wouldn't call Keenum a one trick pony. He's athletic and has one heck of an arm. But I'll reserve judgement until I see how he does this week vs the Cards secondary.

Whoa, what? I like Andy Dalton a lot, but how is he clearly better than Joe Flacco? Is there something about Flacco I don't know about? Seems like a pretty good QB to me. 

Quote:Dalton is better than Flacco, but let's not get carried away here. He's not exactly in the same tier as Stafford, Ryan and Luck. 

Agreed. And he'll never be. He's a game mgr. 
Quote:Whoa, what? I like Andy Dalton a lot, but how is he clearly better than Joe Flacco? Is there something about Flacco I don't know about? Seems like a pretty good QB to me. 

Flacco well....simply put...fails to impress. I'm not saying he sucks, but he needs to play at his best just to manage games. He's better than the likes of say Carson Palmer, but the Ravens are probably already regretting his new contract.

Pages: 1 2 3