Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do you care who wins the division?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Knowing the Jaguars have no chance, do you still care who wins the AFC South this year? I personally don't think it matters if I know it will not be Jacksonville.

No. Next question.

I hope Houston surprises us all with a division win!  That way our SoS will be lower.  

Yes

Quote:I hope Houston surprises us all with a division win!  That way our SoS will be lower.  

That would make our SOS much higher.
If my team isn't in the running it doesn't make a difference to me

Quote:Knowing the Jaguars have no chance, do you still care who wins the AFC South this year? I personally don't think it matters if I know it will not be Jacksonville.

Aside from wanting the titans to go 9-7 and just miss the playoffs while drafting 20th I don't particularly care.
Yes. 

I want the Colts to win the division.  I am happy that proper order has now been restored. 

If the Colts can't win, I would want the Jaguars to take the AFC South. I believe they are the only team to never win an AFC South crown.

AFC South

2002   Tennessee Titans      11–5–0

2003   Indianapolis Colts     12–4–0          

2004   Indianapolis Colts     12–4–0          

2005   Indianapolis Colts     14–2–0          

2006   Indianapolis Colts     12–4–0

2007   Indianapolis Colts     13–3–0          

2008   Tennessee Titans      13–3–0          

2009   Indianapolis Colts     14–2–0          

2010   Indianapolis Colts     10–6–0          

2011   Houston Texans        10–6–0

2012   Houston Texans        12–4–0          

Division Titles

Colts-7

Texans-2

Titans-2
 The simple answer is no

Who cares?  The entire AFC South is cursed.  The only reason there is a winner is because it's impossible for there to not be one. 

Not really. All I care about right now is the 2014 NFL draft. 

As long as it's not the tack, I hate the tacks

Quote:Who cares?  The entire AFC South is cursed.  The only reason there is a winner is because it's impossible for there to not be one. 

I disagree. Unlike the NFC West was a few years ago, there actually is one good team in the division. It is no fluke that they beat the 49ers 27-7 and gave the Broncos their first loss. That said, it's true the AFC South is a weak division.
T-rex, AFC South history is misleading. You ignore the fact that in 1998 and 1999 the Jaguars were in a division with six teams including the Titans and won it both years.

Quote:T-rex, AFC South history is misleading. You ignore the fact that in 1998 and 1999 the Jaguars were in a division with six teams including the Titans and won it both years.

Not misleading at all... It wasn't the AFC South at that time.
Quote:Not misleading at all... It wasn't the AFC South at that time.

Oh how I miss the AFC Central days.
No.

Quote:T-rex, AFC South history is misleading. You ignore the fact that in 1998 and 1999 the Jaguars were in a division with six teams including the Titans and won it both years.

I didn't ignore it at all. As others have pointed out, there was no AFC South division in 1998 and 1999. The thread topic is specific to the AFC South. 

Still, I honestly enjoy reading your posts on this board.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Quote:Oh how I miss the AFC Central days.

To this day I refer to the AFC/NFC North as the Central Division. Old habits die hard.
Pages: 1 2