Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars to spend in 2014 NFL free agency?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/30/...el-johnson

Looks like Khan can't take another season like this and will spend more than most people expected!

"The Jaguars didn't do much in free agency in the offseason, mostly just some patchwork starters, but it appears they plan on spending in the offseason out of necessity."

I would love it if we could get Alex Mack and Michael Johnson

Hopefully not. Alex Mack and Greg Hardy are the only players worth signing and the likelihood of the Browns allowing Mack to hit FA market are slim to none. It actually makes sense on why they're trying to re-sign MJD...well, they'll have to spend it somewhere. With the Monroe debacle set in stone the next player up to be re-signed would be Shorts. I really think it's Mack and Hardy or bust when it comes to Free Agency next year.

Quote:http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/30/...el-johnson

Looks like Khan can't take another season like this and will spend more than most people expected!

"The Jaguars didn't do much in free agency in the offseason, mostly just some patchwork starters, but it appears they plan on spending in the offseason out of necessity."

What I am sure that some won't see is that this could put the Jags in a situation where they have to overspend for average players. Thats what got us in trouble before. i.e. overspending on guys like Porter, Pashos, Landry, Session, Poz.....

I am all for spending on players that are actually good, like ALex Mack and Greg Hardy, or Jaurus Byrd....players that actually make an impact....but I fear that since this is the Jaguars, it will merely be mis-managed as usual. 
Quote:Hopefully not. Alex Mack and Greg Hardy are the only players worth signing and the likelihood of the Browns allowing Mack to hit FA market are slim to none. It actually makes sense on why they're trying to re-sign MJD...well, they'll have to spend it somewhere. With the Monroe debacle set in stone the next player up to be re-signed would be Shorts. I really think it's Mack and Hardy or bust when it comes to Free Agency next year.
I don't see where Hardy fits the LEO role.  I guess if they go to more of a traditional 4-3.  Jon Asamoah would be another great get if we can, we need a LG.
Quote:What I am sure that some won't see is that this could put the Jags in a situation where they have to overspend for average players. Thats what got us in trouble before. i.e. overspending on guys like Porter, Pashos, Landry, Session, Poz.....

I am all for spending on players that are actually good, like ALex Mack and Greg Hardy, or Jaurus Byrd....players that actually make an impact....but I fear that since this is the Jaguars, it will merely be mis-managed as usual. 
This is different management.
Quote: Jon Asamoah would be another great get if we can, we need a LG.

Yes, this. We definitely need help along the interior OL, but since we pigeon holed ourselves to this stupid zone blocking garbage, now all our acquisitions on OL pretty much need to be experienced in that system otherwise, you are risking a wasted signing. Not sure if Mack or Asomoah have experience in the ZBS. 
Quote:This is different management.

....is it? 4th & a 5th....
Quote:http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/30/...el-johnson

The Jags have to spend in free agency.  You can't expect rookies to just come onboard and improve the roster.

On top of that this roster is atrocious.  I could see half the team off the roster next offseason.  This team needs so much help.
Spend on, but QB play better be good by the time 2015 comes around. 

Quote:Yes, this. We definitely need help along the interior OL, but since we pigeon holed ourselves to this stupid zone blocking garbage, now all our acquisitions on OL pretty much need to be experienced in that system otherwise, you are risking a wasted signing. Not sure if Mack or Asomoah have experience in the ZBS. 
KC runs the ZBS
Quote:KC runs the ZBS

does Cleveland? / Mack?
Quote:Spend on, but QB play better be good by the time 2015 comes around. 
I'm sure it will. It really doesn't get much worse than Gabbert/Henne.
Quote:does Cleveland? / Mack?
They did last year I dont know about this year.
I expect to see the team spend a bit bigger this time around.  I could see them signing a 3 or 4 players to contracts that pay three to five million annually.  Possibly an even bigger one for a top tier pass rusher which may require 8 million per year or more. 

Quote:I expect to see the team spend a bit bigger this time around.  I could see them signing a 3 or 4 players to contracts that pay three to five million annually.  Possibly an even bigger one for a top tier pass rusher which may require 8 million per year or more. 
One passrusher and one interior olineman and I would be happy.
Quote:What I am sure that some won't see is that this could put the Jags in a situation where they have to overspend for average players.

Wow. You're in rare form.  Let me see if I can get this straight -  You are absolutely certain that a certain group of people will not be aware of a problem that may or may not happen. 

Brilliant.  

Please stop trying to invent stuff to complain about.    Free Agency for 2014 is a long ways off and there is nothing to suggest Caldwell won't be able to acquire a few upgrades there.   Also - Why would you assume Caldwell is going to sign FA busts like sHack and Smiff ?    That doesn't make sense. 

Of course we will be more active in free agency. We are required to spend a minimum of 88.8% of the cap in cash on player compensation and 90% in future years.
Quote:Wow. You're in rare form.  Let me see if I can get this straight -  You are absolutely certain that a certain group of people will not be aware of a problem that may or may not happen. 

Brilliant.  

Please stop trying to invent stuff to complain about.    Free Agency for 2014 is a long ways off and there is nothing to suggest Caldwell won't be able to acquire a few upgrades there.   Also - Why would you assume Caldwell is going to sign FA busts like sHack and Smiff ?    That doesn't make sense. 
[Image: new.gif]
Quote:[Image: new.gif]
LOL.  Yeah - well I've only had to sort through the schtick for 4 years now - but every now and then I fool myself into thinking he's evolved.    :no:
Pages: 1 2 3 4