Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Khan and getting embarassed on International stage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am sure Shad is not too pleased about his team and city being embarrassed on an International stage. Hopefully this will make him open up the checkbook next year.

He and his team are being embarrassed....not the city.  Guess he should not have been in such a hurry to throw the season ticket holders under the bus by giving away our best home games.  As a season ticket holder he is getting what he deserves!! 

Khan owns the house that Smith and Caldwell built...unfortunately, he has now found out it is a double-wide with termites.

Quote:Khan owns the house that Smith and Caldwell built...unfortunately, he has now found out it is a double-wide with termites.
More like a 1970's 5th wheel with termites on a rented lot if you ask me..
Quote:Khan owns the house that Smith and Caldwell built...unfortunately, he has now found out it is a double-wide with termites.

Is it really fair to say Caldwell built this house?
Shahid Khan is one of the 31 private owners of NFL teams in the world and a self-made billionaire.

I'm sure his skin is pretty thick.

Everyone who is not dumb knew we were walking in a meat grinder. This is exactly the type of game I expected against a team that played in the superbowl last year....a blow out. 

Embarrassed?

OP is clueless. 

Quote:Shahid Khan is one of the 31 private owners of NFL teams in the world and a self-made billionaire.

I'm sure his skin is pretty thick.

I don't think all the money in the world can make any man immune to the way this team is performing. All decisions made to date can now be questioned. Coaching, GM,  and Tony's analytic s.
Yea, I don't think he's worried too much about it. But I do think that before sending us over there for four years, he should have made sure the product was sellable. He got bamboozled by Gene Smith and Wayne Weaver saying the team is only a few years away. Now he knows they didn't know what they were talking about....

Quote:Everyone who is not dumb knew we were walking in a meat grinder. This is exactly the type of game I expected against a team that played in the superbowl last year....a blow out. 

Embarrassed?

OP is clueless. 

I am glad that level of effort is acceptable to a person of your stature.
But they always say, any publicity is good publicity.

Quote:Yea, I don't think he's worried too much about it. But I do think that before sending us over there for four years, he should have made sure the product was sellable. He got bamboozled by Gene Smith and Wayne Weaver saying the team is only a few years away. Now he knows they didn't know what they were talking about....

He had to beat the Glazer's to the punch and I am hoping he had some clue as to just how bad it was.
I still have faith in Caldwell, I think he is being handcuffed a little by Khan, so I don't think it's fair to say Khan owns the house that Gene and Caldwell built. 

And it is slowly looking more and more like they are wanting to move the Jags. Thankfully, I don't think London is too interested in seeing the Jags again..ever

Quote:I don't think all the money in the world can make any man immune to the way this team is performing.

It can't hurt.  You'd be amazed how immune to critcism just one of his millions would make me.
Quote:I still have faith in Caldwell, I think he is being handcuffed a little by Khan, so I don't think it's fair to say Khan owns the house that Gene and Caldwell built. 

Hard to gauge him as a GM right now. Joeckel was a no-brainer pick that even Gene Smith would have taken and Cyprien doesn't look that great for a #33 pick. The other guys he picked look like "just guys". Free agency moves haven't been great either.

I can understand building through the draft, but if you are missing on #33 picks, we are in serious trouble.
Quote:It can't hurt.  You'd be amazed how immune to critcism just one of his millions would make me.
True. However, this is a man dealing with the wealthiest people of the world. You think he's proud to own one of the worst teams in NFL history?
Quote:It can't hurt.  You'd be amazed how immune to critcism just one of his millions would make me.

As a guy with tens of hundreds in the bank. Trust me... mo money mo problems.
Quote:True. However, this is a man dealing with the wealthiest people of the world. You think he's proud to own one of the worst teams in NFL history?

Owning the worst team in the NFL > not owning a team at all.
Quote:True. However, this is a man dealing with the wealthiest people of the world. You think he's proud to own one of the worst teams in NFL history?

1.  He is proud to own an NFL team.  Period.

The nation is full of wealthy folks that the NFL wouldn't let join the club.

2.  From all accounts, he is a smart man.  He is fully aware of what he can control, and what he can't.
Quote:Owning the worst team in the NFL > not owning a team at all.
Owning a good team > Owning a terrible team
Pages: 1 2 3