Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley says London has "Unbelievable" reaction to the Jaguars.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/27/5...radley-nfl

An estimated 70,000 fans showed up to a fan rally in London. Are the Jags "Europe's Team"?

Only until they see them play and get destroyed by the 49ers...

Quote:Only until they see them play and get destroyed by the 49ers...
Fred Taylor picked the Jags to pull off a major upset win by beating the 49ers 17-13. Is anyone going to argue against Freddy T?
Quote:Fred Taylor picked the Jags to pull off a major upset win by beating the 49ers 17-13. Is anyone going to argue against Freddy T?

Reality is very likely to argue with him.
Quote:Reality is very likely to argue with him.

The law of averages says that we should win at least one game...it could be this one. :thumbsup:

That being said...we're gonna get killed! :whistling:
Quote:The law of averages says that we should win at least one game...it could be this one. :thumbsup:

That being said...we're gonna get killed! :whistling:
How unlikely I think a win today is, remember how badly we were supposed to lose to Denver and we made it pretty competitive till the 4th quarter. You never know in the NFL. But I do doubt we win today. Hoping we show up big time and give a good outing. If we lose big time, there is going to be some jumping ship over there in London.........
Quote:How unlikely I think a win today is, remember how badly we were supposed to lose to Denver and we made it pretty competitive till the 4th quarter. You never know in the NFL. But I do doubt we win today. Hoping we show up big time and give a good outing. If we lose big time, there is going to be some jumping ship over there in London.........

Yeah...I just hope we don't make complete [NO NO WORD REMOVED]'s of ourselves today!! I'm hoping for at least a good, competitive game today!
They're definitely moving. 

My boss is a big 49er fan. Would love to pull out a win today
Quote:Fred Taylor picked the Jags to pull off a major upset win by beating the 49ers 17-13. Is anyone going to argue against Freddy T?

Proof that Freddy has suffered a few extra concussions.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good, Bad, Irrelevant. Oh and Btw we suck. Bad.
I dont if it hurts or helps the argument, but being an NFL fan who lives in London, I can tell you that the response was more for the 'NFL' than for the Jaguars. Any team that had a fan rally would attract 70k+ fans.

I watched the game last night at Wembley and there were over 80,000 people. 80,000 people to watch a winless team ........ that should tell you something about the appetite the UK has for NFL. Its easily more popular over here than the other American sports (your Basketball, Baseball and Hockey)

Having said that, they did try to make it a 'home' game for the Jags, all the annoucements were about the Jags ....... the entertainment was some group who I cant remember there names, but they played drums and Jags in their name I think.

So they definitely tried to make it a home game.

Your mascot bungee jumping from the top of Wembley was cool though!
Do they tarp off the front section to keep drunk hooligans off the field?
Quote:Do they tarp off the front section to keep drunk hooligans off the field?

No that's because Wembley Stadium was build with our football (soccer) in mind. The first 10-15 rows are always covered as if you sat there you would see the coaches and players backs and nothing on the field.
if our coach can't say our team name... leave him in London

Quote:Having said that, they did try to make it a 'home' game for the Jags, all the annoucements were about the Jags ....... the entertainment was some group who I cant remember there names, but they played drums and Jags in their name I think.

Both teams had drummers there - the Jaguars D-Line and the 49ers Cretins In Puffy Jackets, I believe their names were.

The 'entertainment' was Ne-Yo, and frankly I'd have preferred the cretins in puffy jackets back instead.
They watched us play and said, "These guys are unbelievable."  

For most of the game when they looked at the 3 on the board we were putting up a tribute to a really good soccer score.
Quote:Both teams had drummers there - the Jaguars D-Line and the 49ers Cretins In Puffy Jackets, I believe their names were.

The 'entertainment' was Ne-Yo, and frankly I'd have preferred the cretins in puffy jackets back instead.

Then they had Ne-Yo sing the American national anthem and the British national anthem was sung by a professional opera singer. I thought that was funny.
Pages: 1 2