Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The possibility of the Jags going 8-8 or 7-9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
For some strange reason we actually win this game in London. With our remaing schedule and the teams on it struggeling could we end up 8-8 or 7-9?

If we win Sunday 1-7

tacks

cards

texans

browns

texans

bills

tacks

colts (probably resting starters)

The browns and texans and possibly bills are on 3rd string QBs. tacks are not an overpowering team. That leaves the cards and colts and if the colts are resting the starters that only leaves the cards and they are not overpowering anyone either. It is just a thought or question to think about.

You've seen the games this year right?   

Is this serious?
Quote:You've seen the games this year right?   
Yes, but the question is have you seen the other teams games. We have improved every game. Most the other teams are getting worse.
Did we really improve last game? I think not.
Quote:Did we really improve last game? I think not.

we improved our draft placement chances...with the NY GIants winning and all....
I will say this once:

Cocaine is a heck of a drug

There's a chance Rosie O'Donnell could marry a man, but I wouldn't bank on it any more than I'd bet on the Jags winning 7 or 8 games this year.  Heck, I'm expecting a big goose egg at the end of the year in the win column.

Are you insane??

I don't think it's all that crazy but 0-16 is way more likely than 7-9 at this point. 

If the light bulb comes on and they finally figure out how to score touchdowns the rest of the schedule has pretty winnable games (to a team that actually scores touchdowns that is). 

Quote: Heck, I'm expecting a big goose egg at the end of the year in the win column.

thats not happening either. 
Quote:Yes, but the question is have you seen the other teams games. We have improved every game. Most the other teams are getting worse.
Sorry Man, but no way the Jags win out or even come close.  Just not gonna happen this year.
Came in expecting Omaha jags fan thread
I didn't say it would happen. Just hearing the browns are starting thier third QB this season and the texans actually looking more terrible then we do, I think it is possible if we can score some points.

Quote:I didn't say it would happen. Just hearing the browns are starting thier third QB this season and the texans actually looking more terrible then we do, I think it is possible if we can score some points.

The 2nd half schedule is concerning in the context of wanting the Jags to get the #1 overall pick........but theres no way they win 7 or 8 games. 

Maybe 4 at the most. 
A. We aren't winning Sunday.

B. after we lose Sunday we won't win out.

C. They won't win 7 out of their last 8
Best-case scenario for remaining schedule (home games in CAPS):

49ERS (London): Loss

Bye week

@ Titans: Win

CARDINALS: Win

@ Texans: Win

@ Browns: Win

TEXANS: Win

BILLS: Win

TITANS: Win

@ Colts: Loss

So if we win all of the games against bad teams, our record will be 7-9. Of course, there is no guarantee we actually will win all the easy games.

There is an obvious problem with that: the Raiders and Rams are bad too and we lost our games at their stadiums. So it would be stupid to assume we can win 7 games. A divisional opponent can beat us no matter how bad they are - it has happened before, both at home and on the road. For these reasons, I will not predict the winners for the Titans or Texans games.

So what is the worst-case scenario? Lose all of them and join the 2008 Lions.

Quote:Worst-case scenario for remaining schedule (home games in CAPS):

49ERS (London): Loss

Bye week

@ Titans: Win

CARDINALS: Win

@ Texans: Win

@ Browns: Win

TEXANS: Win

BILLS: Win

TITANS: Win

@ Colts: Loss

So if we win all of the games against bad teams, our record will be 7-9. Of course, there is no guarantee we actually will win all the easy games.

There is an obvious problem with that: the Raiders and Rams are bad too and we lost our games at their stadiums. So it would be stupid to assume we can win 7 games. A divisional opponent can beat us no matter how bad they are - it has happened before, both at home and on the road. For these reasons, I will not predict the winners for the Titans or Texans games.

So what is the best-case scenario? Lose all of them and join the 2008 Lions.
Fixed that for you.
Quote:I will say this once:

Cocaine is a heck of a drug
This ain't blow.

It would have to be a strong hallucinogen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4