Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Lines need to be fixed before a QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some users on this board believe a new QB is going to fix this team.  That is far from the truth.

This team is far from just needing a QB.  Sure a good QB will help this team but not nearly enough.  You ask any Coach worth his salt where the battles are won and each and every time you will get "in the trenches."

Oline: Until this is greatly improved a new QB is useless.  What good is putting a rookie QB behind a line that's going to get him hurt or destory his confidence.  This line gives up far two many easy hits on the QB. 

Dline:  This line can't sack a lunch or stop the run.  What good is it having an offense that can score 20 points when we give up 30 points a game.

The worst case scenario is that the Jaguars draft a new QB and he gets hurt playing behind this horrible offensive line.  A rookie QB's best friend is a running game and we can't even do that decently.

While a good line certainly helps a great QB can mask a bad offensive line. Look at what Tannehill does in Miami and he has a horrible line. Brees,Brady, Rodgers probably all make there offensive lines look a lot better than they actually are.
I haven't seen that many people say get a QB and that solves are problems. It's pretty obvious, I'd say, that this team needs work in other areas. It's draft the QB when you have the opportunity. Then the work begins to build around him. This team needs to hit the interior of the OL hard in the draft/FA.
Stanzi the Manzi will just break tackles in the pocket. No problem.

"The Lines need to be fixed before a QB."  Tell david garrard that.  Dude had no receivers and no line and at least competed.

I'd prefer them to just work on both.

lol

scared to draft a QB people are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...fix it in FA.
Quote:"The Lines need to be fixed before a QB."  Tell david garrard that.  Dude had no receivers and no line and at least competed.

Yeah, he also had 2 great running backs and a good defense during his tenure as the starting QB so lets not act like he had nothing to his disposal.
The Jags aren't going to draft a guard or center with the number 1 overall pick.

That's the beauty of FA and the draft. We can get a QB and upgrade multiple positions on the OL. It's not one or the other. 

Quote:The Jags aren't going to draft a guard or center with the number 1 overall pick.

They could trade the number 1 overall pick and use it to draft guards and centers, though.

I'd like to think they wouldn't, of course. Smile
Quote:Some users on this board believe a new QB is going to fix this team.  That is far from the truth.

This team is far from just needing a QB.  Sure a good QB will help this team but not nearly enough.  You ask any Coach worth his salt where the battles are won and each and every time you will get "in the trenches."

Oline: Until this is greatly improved a new QB is useless.  What good is putting a rookie QB behind a line that's going to get him hurt or destory his confidence.  This line gives up far two many easy hits on the QB. 

Dline:  This line can't sack a lunch or stop the run.  What good is it having an offense that can score 20 points when we give up 30 points a game.

The worst case scenario is that the Jaguars draft a new QB and he gets hurt playing behind this horrible offensive line.  A rookie QB's best friend is a running game and we can't even do that decently.

You are right, most of us agree. Pazstor is stepping up which is huge, We get Joeckel back. DC will/should draft a C/Guard in the second or third rd. and there is still FA.

Defensive line is OK and serviceable, but we do need a stud DE/LEO. That should be addressed this of season as well. We can't deny that the QB should be the best player on the team, the franchise so QB is priority one come draft or off season.
I agree... the line for this game should be a lot higher... 49ers cover the spread.

Oh wait... you meant.... our O-line.....

Yeah.... they should cover them up with 6 feet of soil for their efforts this season..... talk about "in the trenches"... just push the dirt in on our guys... i think they are laying in the trenches....

QB always has been and always will be the most important position in all of sports. Sooooo.... No. Lets get that QB first.

Draft your QB, DE, CB, and OTs.

Sign your C, G, LBs and DTs.

Thus has it been, thus shall it ever be.

Quote:scared to draft a QB people are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. I think Gabbert ruined people.
Nothing needs to be fixed before taking a QB. We will take a QB in the first round, probably the first pick. You'll be amazed how much better the offensive line looks with a competent QB. Just last week, most of Henne's sack were his own doing. On the first drive of the game, he took a sack and had the back open for a big game.

What a revelation!  The line needs to be fixed!  Who knew?

Sorry, but you don't steer clear of drafting a QB because of the line issues.  You address them AND get your QB.

Pages: 1 2