Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Give Gus another year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Gus is signed through the end of the 2017 season.  Shad should let Gus complete his contract.  We don't need to attract a new DC or OC and won't be spending big in FA, so Gus's lame duck status shouldn't be a factor. 

I believe we have everything in place for success, except for a few spots on the OL.  Bortles needs to spend the time in California to address his mechanics, and there should be an open competition among the 3 or 4 QBs we bring to camp.  

As for resigning our own FAs, we can postpone the decision on Bortles, Robinson and Lee for another year if we want.  Maybe give Linder a new deal since he is definitely a core player.  I would give Prince a new contract. 

If the conspiracy theorists are correct, and Shad is trying to destroy the Jacksonville fanbase and move to London, he will either keep Gus or hire somebody even worse than Gus.  If the people who feel the NFL and the officials are against us, a new coach won't change that "losing culture".  It will continue. 

This team is playing much better right now than at any time in the past 5 years.  Games like the ones against Green Bay, KC, Detroit, Buffalo, etc would have been blowouts 2 years ago.  Now we are outplaying these teams and losing only by horrible officiating and/or fluke plays. 

We absolutely need better QB play, better OL play, and a better pass rush.  The defense is very young, yet they are currently 6th in yards against.  At the beginning of the year we hoped we could be middle of the pack in the defensive rankings.  The defense is coming along nicely.  Another strong draft could put us over the top. 

Blowing it all up would set us back at least 2 years. 

Shad should give a 2017 mandate of PLAYOFFS OR YER GONE!  Not this vague "has to look better" stuff. 

Let's not and say we did.
Yup, I'd bring back Gus. He's learning every season from his mistakes.
Or we could not do that
Quote:Gus is signed through the end of the 2017 season. 

WRONG -- GUS IS SIGNED THROUGH THE END OF THIS SEASON

Edited: Adios Amigos .... I'm heading to the Modis Building.

Quote: 

I believe we have everything in place for success, except for a few spots on the OL.  Bortles needs to spend the time in California to address his mechanics, and there should be an open competition among the 3 or 4 QBs we bring to camp.  

lol .... we have almost everything in place and we're 2-9
I think Gus should be signed to a lifetime contract.

Quote: 

This team is playing much better right now than at any time in the past 5 years.  Games like the ones against Green Bay, KC, Detroit, Buffalo, etc would have been blowouts 2 years ago.  Now we are outplaying these teams and losing only by horrible officiating and/or fluke plays. 

Did you miss the recent 3 game stretch in which we were outscored in the 1st half by a score of 57-6
Quote:I think Gus should be signed to a lifetime contract.

we gotta lock him in now before other teams make contact with his agent.

remember when we hesitated before and Gene Smith got away.  

#LessonLearned
@ Hurricane...I'm pretty sure Gus got an extension THROUGH 2017.  I'll double check though.

Quote: 

Blowing it all up would set us back at least 2 years. 

Set us back from what? There has been no progress. We are going to win 2-3 games this year same as a few years ago. We would be far better off if we just kept Del Rio. Oakland is in the same year of their rebuild as we are, they are going to the playoffs, we are going to another top 5 pick.
Quote:@ Hurricane...I'm pretty sure Gus got an extension THROUGH 2017.  I'll double check though.

OMG --- I'm totally sick.   What the [BLEEP].  I thought he had a 3-year contract and they extended him 1-year.

OK ..... Fire Caldwell !!  That was moronic !!
I'm sure this was a joke thread.

Could you imagine how empty the stadium would be if he's not fired this offseason?

Quote:Set us back from what? There has been no progress. We are going to win 2-3 games this year same as a few years ago. We would be far better off if we just kept Del Rio. Oakland is in the same year of their rebuild as we are, they are going to the playoffs, we are going to another top 5 pick.

Yes, but Oakland will regret their current success when they see us making our draft selection at 7:45 pm this April.
Quote:I'm sure this was a joke thread.

Could you imagine how empty the stadium would be if he's not fired this offseason?

That jughead is averaging $1 million dollars per win
Dead man walking. 

If Khan retains Gus' services, his motives for the franchise need to be questioned.

He's already lost the locker room. Why would ANY free agent come and play for a 14-45 head coach? They won't.

Quote: 

We absolutely need better QB play, better OL play, and a better pass rush.  The defense is very young, yet they are currently 6th in yards against.  At the beginning of the year we hoped we could be middle of the pack in the defensive rankings.  The defense is coming along nicely.  Another strong draft could put us over the top. 

We played against KC's third stringers.  Are you for real and trolling?  This team is a flatline and it hasn't mattered who we have had on the field.
I wouldn't urinate on Gus's gums if his teeth were on fire.. Dude needs to leave..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5