Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bradley Is Earning A Pass For This Year. 0-16 Or Not.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
His defense scheme just gave peyton manning his worst game yet and this offense of misfits are getting better. I wanted this team to fight and get close versus denver. They did that until chad henne happened. Justin blackmon was moved to the slot and he has shined. Bradley is making good football decisions.

All I need to see is his team commit less bonehead penalties. Overall though, I believe he has earned a pass for this year if we go 0 16.
I just hope the rest of the league sees what we did vs Manning and emulates. 

You need to HIT Manning early & often to get him off his game. 

It was a nice job yesterday, first time in a long time that I was proud of this team. :thumbsup: 

Gus Bradley is a leader of men and a motivator, he was never the issue.

Quote:I just hope the rest of the league sees what we did vs Manning and emulates. 

You need to HIT Manning early & often to get him off his game. 

It was a nice job yesterday, first time in a long time that I was proud of this team. :thumbsup:

We really got after Manning in the first half.  He was on his backside on almost every single play.  In the second half, not so much.  I wonder if we got tired, or if the pumpkins adjusted better to what we were doing.  I think if we could have sustained the pressure on manning the entire game, we probably would have won. 

Either way, I'm with you.  The D looks like they are figuring it out, for the most part.  The offense had moments where they looked very dangerous.  And J. Blackmon is the real deal.  If he has learned his lesson off the field, he's all pro. 
I wouldn't crown blackmon just yet. He has taken a step forward into top 15 WR in the league territory but can he sustain it when defenses start to zero in on him. If he continues to catch balls in double coverage and still get open from double coverage THEN ill consider him the real deal as well as win off the field with his decisions. Keep in mind, Not even Shorts has shown he can beat double coverage.

-ScrewDrvr-

Henne actually had a good game. None of the int's were bad throws, they got tipped which I guess is still on the QB, but he played well enough to potentially get us a win if it wasn't for our own dumb mistakes.

Quote:I wouldn't crown blackmon just yet. He has taken a step forward into top 15 WR in the league territory but can he sustain it when defenses start to zero in on him. If he continues to catch balls in double coverage and still get open from double coverage THEN ill consider him the real deal as well as win off the field with his decisions. Keep in mind, Not even Shorts has shown he can beat double coverage.
The Broncos were zeroed in on him all day and Henne forced pass after pass to him and he still caught it.

He just knows how to get open, and when he isn't open, he can still make the catch.

As for Cecil, Shorts is a machine when he's healthy. Nothing spectacular but he's a baller.

Man this team's future is exciting. Feeling like the mid-00s all over again. I just hope it ends on a better note. Those two will be very tough to stop.
If they keep playing like they did last week I'll be happy.

The game yesterday eliminated the only real reason that Bradley would be on the hot seat. He hasn't lost the team. The guys are buying into what he's doing, and regardless of wins or losses, they're still out there fighting. That's a testimony to the head coach. We have to let them continue to grow and improve the roster. When he gets the talent he needs to be successful, I don't see him squandering the opportunity.
Our offensive players are fine except the QB, what do you mean misfits?

Quote:Our offensive players are fine except the QB, what do you mean misfits?
Lol. Did you just say the only thing we need on offense is a QB? Or infer it, at least?

Sorry but we need at minimum OG and C in reality we need 2 OG, C, RB, and TE on the offensive side of the ball. In addition to a real franchise QB

Quote:The game yesterday eliminated the only real reason that Bradley would be on the hot seat. He hasn't lost the team. The guys are buying into what he's doing, and regardless of wins or losses, they're still out there fighting. That's a testimony to the head coach. We have to let them continue to grow and improve the roster. When he gets the talent he needs to be successful, I don't see him squandering the opportunity.
Great point. The difference between Bradley and Mularkey is how they faced the adversity. The team quit on Mularkey, and he did a horrible job of inspiring the team to fight. Granted Gus is not the kind to always yell, but he seems to be consistent in his message. Mularkey may have also been consistent, but his message never inspired the team. No way does Bradley find the hot seat even if this team gets 0-16. If anything it solidifies the fact that QB will finally be addressed in early the draft. Fortunately it will not be a designated project at the position.

Quote:The Broncos were zeroed in on him all day and Henne forced pass after pass to him and he still caught it.

He just knows how to get open, and when he isn't open, he can still make the catch.

As for Cecil, Shorts is a machine when he's healthy. Nothing spectacular but he's a baller.

Man this team's future is exciting. Feeling like the mid-00s all over again. I just hope it ends on a better note. Those two will be very tough to stop.

I disagree. They did a poor job trying to zone coverage him with a second guy. The first guy kept getting out cut on the route by blackmon. 80 percent of the nfl couldve done better coverage. Blackmon could take that step soon tho. Shorts wasnt double covered till mid late last season and then his production slowed. How about early this year? He didnt get squat till garbage time when teams were in all blitz mode. Not sayin' they are bad, just sayin neither are elite
Quote:I wouldn't crown blackmon just yet. He has taken a step forward into top 15 WR in the league territory but can he sustain it when defenses start to zero in on him. If he continues to catch balls in double coverage and still get open from double coverage THEN ill consider him the real deal as well as win off the field with his decisions. Keep in mind, Not even Shorts has shown he can beat double coverage.
Dude, when you consider who is throwing the ball to Blackmon, and the fact that Blackmon was literally the only person on the field yesterday that was really doing anything offensively(Besides Brown), Its pretty amazing he was able to put up 190 yards. When Blackmon gets a real QB and has Shorts and a capable RB/TE on the field all at the same time, he is going to be really freakin' awesome, even more so than he is now.
Quote:The game yesterday eliminated the only real reason that Bradley would be on the hot seat. He hasn't lost the team. The guys are buying into what he's doing, and regardless of wins or losses, they're still out there fighting. That's a testimony to the head coach. We have to let them continue to grow and improve the roster. When he gets the talent he needs to be successful, I don't see him squandering the opportunity.

If I remember correctly, earlier this season someone in the national sports media made note of how hard the Jags played for the entire game - even when all hope was lost.  

Live update: someone just sent me a text as I was typing this saying that Chris Berman was laying praise on the Jags. One comment, "Well done Jacksonville."  
Quote:Dude, when you consider who is throwing the ball to Blackmon, and the fact that Blackmon was literally the only person on the field yesterday that was really doing anything offensively(Besides Brown), Its pretty amazing he was able to put up 190 yards. When Blackmon gets a real QB and has Shorts and a capable RB/TE on the field all at the same time, he is going to be really freakin' awesome, even more so than he is now.

Consider this also, Any REAL QB wouldn't force the ball down blackmon's throat out of desperation. I think if brady would have started that game instead of henne, Blackmon would've had less yards on the account of brady spreading the ball better.

With that said, More time to throw for any QB will result in WR's getting more yards. So its a hard situation to call. Bottomline, He isn't deserving of the elite title until he has the following:

- A 1000 yard+ receiving season

- Beaten double coverages in back to back games

- Gone a whole offseason without off the field issues

- Stop dropping catches in the endzone

What if's are a waste of time. Gabbert is the definition of "What if". All that talent wasted due to cowardness in the pocket.

Quote:- Gone a whole offseason without off the field issues
- Stop dropping catches in the endzone
Completely agree with you here. Sometimes there is a lack of effort on his part, but he does make some outstanding plays that we haven't seen from a WR here in a very long time. Hopefully he can stay away from the bad stuff and just jam out on the field.

Well, I wouldn't say that.  I think we have some weapons at WR...  Our tackles might be set...  But we still need to concern ourselves at guard and center as someone said.

My big concern is RB...  From how it looks, MJD is gone after this season, and the 2 backs we have behind him don't provide any speed or power.  That could be trouble for us.  The best offense is one that is balanced, or at least can keep a D guessing.  No running game would not be the answer to a legit SB contender, in my opinion.
Quote:If I remember correctly, earlier this season someone in the national sports media made note of how hard the Jags played for the entire game - even when all hope was lost.  

Live update: someone just sent me a text as I was typing this saying that Chris Berman was laying praise on the Jags. One comment, "Well done Jacksonville."  
Screw Chris Berman. That is all.

Quote:Well, I wouldn't say that.  I think we have some weapons at WR...  Our tackles might be set...  But we still need to concern ourselves at guard and center as someone said.

My big concern is RB...  From how it looks, MJD is gone after this season, and the 2 backs we have behind him don't provide any speed or power.  That could be trouble for us.  The best offense is one that is balanced, or at least can keep a D guessing.  No running game would not be the answer to a legit SB contender, in my opinion.
I haven't ruled Todman out yet. He has shown flashes, and the potential to develop is there. He is my sleeper on offense this year.
Pages: 1 2