Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cecil Shorts Injury
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It was reported earlier as a shoulder separation.

After the game:

@HaysCarlyon Shorts has his right arm in a sling and #Jaguars say he isn't in condition to talk to reporters because of medication. 7:31 PM - 13 Oct 2013

Anyone have experience with these types of injuries? How long did it take you to heal?
Quote:It was reported earlier as a shoulder separation.

After the game:

@HaysCarlyon Shorts has his right arm in a sling and #Jaguars say he isn't in condition to talk to reporters because of medication. 7:31 PM - 13 Oct 2013

Anyone have experience with these types of injuries? How long did it take you to heal?
I imagine he will probably miss multiple games. The good news is it helps with the tank!
Quote:It was reported earlier as a shoulder separation.

After the game:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/separat...er/DS00933

Glad its not a dislocation, hopefully he only misses a few weeks.

Send him to IR. We need him healthy for Teddy.

I'm starting to worry if he's gonna be injury prone.

Quote:I'm starting to worry if he's gonna be injury prone.

Injury prone should refer to soft tissue injuries (muscles). Getting concussions and trauma injuries (like a shoulder seperation) are just part of a physical game.
@JosinaAnderson: Source: There's concern that Jaguars WR Cecil Shorts III could have a fractured rib closer towards the (cont) http://t.co/c9dowYIahN
Quote:Injury prone should refer to soft tissue injuries (muscles). Getting concussions and trauma injuries (like a shoulder seperation) are just part of a physical game.
Actually, soft tissue injuries include way more than muscles. A seperated shoulder would technically be a soft tissue injury. Soft tissues include muscles as you mentioned, but also tendons, ligaments, menisci, and a variety of other things. Orthopedically speaking, soft tissue injuries mean that the bones are ok. Everything else is fair game. This is a very simplified answer, but more accurate than yours.
Hope he's okay, he's a good guy and a damn good WR

Quote:Actually, soft tissue injuries include way more than muscles. A seperated shoulder would technically be a soft tissue injury. Soft tissues include muscles as you mentioned, but also tendons, ligaments, menisci, and a variety of other things. Orthopedically speaking, soft tissue injuries mean that the bones are ok. Everything else is fair game. This is a very simplified answer, but more accurate than yours.

Yes, being technical that is correct. But I wouldnt consider tearing your ACL a soft tissue injury but i get your point. Just trying to say trauma injuries cant be avoided.
I'm surprised Shorts' injuries weren't even worse. The defender had him totally bear hugged, and nearly all of his body weight on Cecil when he hit the ground.

This sucks man, it's like we can never have Cslll, Blackmon, Marcedes, and Ace on the feild at the same time...

Its unfortunate he got injured. Hope he recovers soon. 

Doesn't sounds like it is a serious injury and Bradley says Shorts could play Sunday.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/10/14/...ulder-ribs

Quote: 

There's also a report from ESPN's Josina Anderson that Shorts could have a cracked rib near his sternum and will be having a CT scan Monday morning to see exactly what the damage is.

Whatever Shorts' official injury may be, it does appear that he could be out for at least a week and maybe longer, especially if it's a cracked rib he's dealing with.
If he cracked a rib he's out 4-6 weeks.
Quote:This sucks man, it's like we can never have Cslll, Blackmon, Marcedes, and Ace on the feild at the same time...

The interesting thing is that those guys all need Blackmon on the field to be truly effective. But, as we've seen, Blackmon doesn't need them. I suspect the loss of Shorts, no matter how long it is, won't have a huge an impact on this offense as not having Blackmon on the field.
Quote:The interesting thing is that those guys all need Blackmon on the field to be truly effective. But, as we've seen, Blackmon doesn't need them. I suspect the loss of Shorts, no matter how long it is, won't have a huge an impact on this offense as not having Blackmon on the field.

Hmmmm....now this sounds awfully familiar. Where have I heard this before?....

Yeah, ....thats right, I said it weeks ago. :yes: 

Nice to see you hop aboard, FBT!! :thanks: 
Quote:Hmmmm....now this sounds awfully familiar. Where have I heard this before?....

Yeah, ....thats right, I said it weeks ago. :yes:

Nice to see you hop aboard, FBT!! :thanks:

That should be common sense. Blackmon is the only guy on the roster with number 1 target potential. Cecil and everyone else are complimentary level guys. Some of them (Marcedes Lewis) just simply need to move on.
Pages: 1 2