Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do You Now See That We Are Not That Far Away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Henne is by no means a great QB, but playing solid make throws not panicking in the pocket keeps the game intresting

The defense played hard the OL with out 2 former top 10 picks played well

We are not that far away

Draft a franchise QB get some pass rushers and some interior linemen and this team will be looking solid next year

Justin Blackmon will be a top 5 WR by the end of next year, the guy is a stud

Feels closer today then at any point in the last two years
Justin Blackmon is a monster.

I loved the fight this team put up today. I'm proud of them. 

Quote:Henne is by no means a great QB, but playing solid make throws not panicking in the pocket keeps the game intresting

The defense played hard the OL with out 2 former top 10 picks played well

We are not that far away

Get a solid QB some pass rushers and some interior linemen and this team will be looking solid next year

Justin Blackmon will be a top 5 WR by the end of next year, the guy is a stud

Black on might be top 5 by the end of this year if he keeps playing like that. He's on pace for over 1600 yards. Doubtful but you never know.
We do this right the division is weaker then ever
Don't be delusional. Denver played bad today multiple fumbled snaps and balls in the red zone. That doesn't mean the Jaguars are close or even good at this point. It'll be a few years before we can say we are close.
Imagine if we had our franchise QB today.

we are still a franchise qb and a line away, even with the number on pick we could be miles away if we miss.

Nonetheless the nfl was predicting destruction, we showed them what we can do. I am proud of us. 

Quote:Don't be delusional. Denver played bad today multiple fumbled snaps and balls in the red zone. That doesn't mean the Jaguars are close or even good at this point. It'll be a few years before we can say we are close.

Didn't we play a game like this against the Pats last year? you are right, we still need better interior O-Linenman, TE, 2 LBs, 2 DEs, better DTs, CBs and a QB of course.
Quote:Don't be delusional. Denver played bad today multiple fumbled snaps and balls in the red zone. That doesn't mean the Jaguars are close or even good at this point. It'll be a few years before we can say we are close.
We also had 3 dropped INTs, forced them to punt one time and dummy Branch got a flag which lead to a TD, shouldve stopped them on 3 and 20 which lead to a TD. Gave them a short field on a fake punt. Missed a FG bad snap and went for 2 when we didnt need too, another flag gave them 4 more downs, they also had a trick fake punt.

Plz dont give me Denver just played bad, we made mistakes too, we forced them to punt more then any team this year, the Jaguars are on the right path.

Interior oline is so good awful. If we sign 1 and draft 1 the line will be functional for Teddy and the run game. The defense will get better with this year of experience but we need more athleticism at LB and obviously a LEO. Not too hard to accomplish in 1 offseason IMO. Depends if we use free agency or not.

We're not far away at all. An average QB would have a field day on most defenses with Blackmon and Shorts. If Lewis ever gets healthy, he's another weapon. 

QB play changes everything. If we can get a franchise QB in the draft, things could turn around very quickly. 

Quote:We also had 3 dropped INTs, forced them to punt one time and dummy Branch got a flag which lead to a TD, shouldve stopped them on 3 and 20 which lead to a TD. Gave them a short field on a fake punt. Missed a FG bad snap and went for 2 when we didnt need too, another flag gave them 4 more downs, they also had a trick fake punt.

Plz dont give me Denver just played bad, we made mistakes too, we forced them to punt more then any team this year, the Jaguars are on the right path.
We're awhile away. Even Caldwell would tell you that. We've lost all of our games this season by 10+ points. Were bordering on finishing as the worst team in NFL history. This team needs more than just a QB.
It all starts with getting a QB.

Quote:We're awhile away. Even Caldwell would tell you that. We've lost all of our games this season by 10+ points. Were bordering on finishing as the worst team in NFL history. This team needs more than just a QB.
I'm not saying we are gonna be a super bowl team next year, i'm saying we wont be at the bottom of the NFL for the 3rd year in a raw next year, with the right moves in the offseason and staying healthy we can be a 7 or 8 win team next year
Quote:Draft a franchise QB get some pass rushers and some interior linemen and this team will be looking solid next year

Oh is that all? Sounds pretty easy! We haven't been able to get all that in a decade...We are still a couple years away

I think the problem here is that every has a different definition of "away."

I agree with J-Mizzal that a good draft/FA period could move us up to a more competitive team (6-8 wins), but there's no doubt in my mind we're at least two years from routinely challenging.

And you know what?

That's OK.

Today was nice. It was easy to care about Jaguars football again. It was wonderful to watch Blackmon pop. And it was tremendous to see this team fight like hell.

We will contend next year if Teddy comes in and plays up to expectations and we get some help on the D/O line. 

We are very far away.

Do people think finding a franchise QB is easy? Even if we do get Bridgewater, there is no guarantee that he will be great. Until we have that QB, we will always be far away.

Pages: 1 2 3