Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Henne Vs Gabbert Interesting Stat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<p style="margin:10px;font-size:11px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Here's the breakdown of passes each Jaguars quarterback has thrown toward Justin Blackmon and Cecil Shorts since 2012:

Stats Gabbert Comp pct 47.4% ypa 7.3 td-int  5-9  Henne Comp pct  54.1% ypa 8.3 TD-Int 9-4

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/...the-week-6

That just shows how much Gabbert has and could hurt Shorts and Blackman from being all they can be

all that shows is espn skewing numbers not caring about the fact last year BG didnt have shorts starting untill half way through the season and Blackmon didnt show any signs he wasnt lost untill after BG was injured. Henne had both adn still only won 1 game and he only won that game because the defense saved his ineptitude.

Quote:all that shows is espn skewing numbers not caring about the fact last year BG didnt have shorts starting untill half way through the season and Blackmon didnt show any signs he wasnt lost untill after BG was injured. Henne had both adn still only won 1 game and he only won that game because the defense saved his ineptitude.

Who cares? They both suck.
Quote: 

<p style="margin:10px;font-size:11px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Here's the breakdown of passes each Jaguars quarterback has thrown toward Justin Blackmon and Cecil Shorts since 2012:

Stats Gabbert Comp pct 47.4% ypa 7.3 td-int  5-9  Henne Comp pct  54.1% ypa 8.3 TD-Int 9-4

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/...the-week-6

That just shows how much Gabbert has and could hurt Shorts and Blackman from being all they can be

A pointless stat. Like JAGFAN88 said, all it shows is results, not reasons for results.

Henne is as bad as Gabbert if not worse. Gabbert actually tries to go down the field and Shorts let him down. I can't fault Gabbert for trying to make a play and congratulate Henne for constantly checking the ball down.
Quote:all that shows is espn skewing numbers not caring about the fact last year BG didnt have shorts starting untill half way through the season and Blackmon didnt show any signs he wasnt lost untill after BG was injured. Henne had both adn still only won 1 game and he only won that game because the defense saved his ineptitude.

umm how is that skewing the stats?

These are passes towards Blackmon and Shorts, not passes during that time, not passes when they played, it has nothing to do with Shorts not starting or Blackmon being suspended.

Learn to read, ITS PASSES TOWARDS THOSE TO PLAYERS, YOU CANT SKEW THAT.
God, who cares about this QB crap anymore. We'd damn well better have a new one next year or I'm burning the stadium to the ground.
Quote:God, who cares about this QB crap anymore. We'd damn well better have a new one next year or I'm burning the stadium to the ground.

Fans who wanna see better football care, and not see crappy Gabbert continue to start, next year is a long ways away, and our Head coach keep telling us that Gabbert will start and no stats show any reason why he should start.
Quote:Fans who wanna see better football care, and not see crappy Gabbert continue to start, next year is a long ways away, and our Head coach keep telling us that Gabbert will start and no stats show any reason why he should start.
God, whatever. Keep pounding your head against the wall.
Quote:A pointless stat. Like JAGFAN88 said, all it shows is results, not reasons for results.

Henne is as bad as Gabbert if not worse. Gabbert actually tries to go down the field and Shorts let him down. I can't fault Gabbert for trying to make a play and congratulate Henne for constantly checking the ball down.

Henne is not worse then Gabbert. Can we please stop with these silly assertions.
Quote:A pointless stat. Like JAGFAN88 said, all it shows is results, not reasons for results.

Gabbert is worse than Henne. Henne has been in the league for about 7 years now? maybe more.

I doubt Gabbert hangs in the league for that long
Quote:Henne is not worse then Gabbert. Can we please stop with these silly assertions.

Quote:Gabbert is worse than Henne. Henne has been in the league for about 7 years now? maybe more.

I doubt Gabbert hangs in the league for that long

Oh, yeah, let's rehash all of this pointlessness again.

You guys can believe what you want (that one bad QB is a little better than another) and I'll believe what I want. (that one bad QB is a little better than another)

The fact that you can still say that proves you're either a troll or ignorant. 

Gabbert is worse than Henne. You can spin it any way you want to, but our offense has better games with Henne at the helm. Your Gabbert apologies are getting pretty old.
Quote:Gabbert actually tries to go down the field

[Image: SNq07.gif]
Quote:[Image: SNq07.gif]
I'm saving this gif. Thank you.
Here's an interesting stat:

Between the two of them they've won two games.  That's an average of one game a piece.  Surprisingly enough, each of them also has one win.  Their average evens out exactly.  

Seriously though.  We're basing how good a quarterback is based on garbage time stats?

[Image: 351.jpg]

We are still doing this, eh? Now if you were breaking down Bridgewater, Boyd, Mettenberger or hell give me some stats for Gary Flippin Nova instead of breaking down these two.. it's way too much time and energy into a guy that should have never been signed as a back up and a draft bust... it's exhausting

Play Gabbert = lose all games and get Bridgewater or Boyd (no Johnny Football please); play Henne, possibly win a few games and lose out Bridgewater/Boyd. I'm good with Gabbert starting. But Henne ain't much better than Gabbert. And by saying he is ain't saying that much at all......

Pages: 1 2