Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rams Players On Mjd.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
During the soundbytes at halftime of MNF you could hear James Laurinitis and other Rams defenders say on the sideline during the game, "He's strong, but he isn't running hard."

Pretty much reaffirms what a lot of us have been seeing. It seems like more a lack of effort from MJD than anything.
Interesting. Thanks for post.
Seems like a lack of running lanes and an aging player returning from a broken foot.   He's never been one to lay off on effort. I don't think he's doing it now.  He's just not what he was 2 years ago.  

Quote:Seems like a lack of running lanes and an aging player returning from a broken foot.   He's never been one to lay off on effort. I don't think he's doing it now.  He's just not what he was 2 years ago.  
This.
Quote:Seems like a lack of running lanes and an aging player returning from a broken foot. He's never been one to lay off on effort. I don't think he's doing it now. He's just not what he was 2 years ago.

Agreed. I think he's giving all he can he's just not the same. He looked better yesterday than he has all season though.
Quote:Agreed. I think he's giving all he can he's just not the same. He looked better yesterday than he has all season though.
Yeah they changed up the blocking on a couple of the running plays and added the draw in there as well.  They were pulling Meester out to the left when running toward  Bradfield and they had success running behind Uche and Pasztor a few times. Seems like they are figuring out a few things... hope it keeps improving. 

There was a 3rd down play where he seemed to really turn it on going around the corner and getting the long first down. It just seemed like he had some burst on that play!
Quote:There was a 3rd down play where he seemed to really turn it on going around the corner and getting the long first down. It just seemed like he had some burst on that play!

This. It was the first time all year it looked like he actually had another gear. It would be nice if he keeps getting better as the season goes along. He's never gonna be what he was but he can still be a good back.
How is he not giving effort? He lowers his shoulder ever play and invites contact.. 

It's the curse of getting old.  Happens to all of us. 

Who cares what any Ram player has to say.  MJD wears 32 for a reason, he isn't soft or a loafer.

HES NOT WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS

Quote:It's the curse of getting old. Happens to all of us. 
He is not getting old. I think MJD never fully recovered from his foot injury because he did not have surgery until after the season was over, expecting to be ready to play again by the end of the year. He should have had surgery shortly after diagnosis because he never came back last year and eventually did have an operation.
MJD to me is starting to come out of sleep mode and get the gears going. Also as other posters have said they are making small adjustments to the blocking to better suit him.

He certainly isnt a rookie anymore and wont be juking out a safety then bursting past the CB to the outside anymore but he can still be highly effective using his vision and short range cutting ability on the inside. Add in some more draw plays and throw in some runs from 3 wide sets where MJD can choose to go outside vs a Nickel CB or box safety or inside vs less LBs.

Quote:He is not getting old. I think MJD never fully recovered from his foot injury because he did not have surgery until after the season was over, expecting to be ready to play again by the end of the year. He should have had surgery shortly after diagnosis because he never came back last year and eventually did have an operation.

So, let me get this straight.  You do not think that a 28 year old RB with over 10,000 yards from scrimmage after having lis-franc surgery, and knee surgery the year before, is old?  

I love MJD just as much as the next Jags fan, but he's old in football terms.  It happens.  It doesn't diminish the fact that he's one of only 3 players that our team has had go over 10,000 yards.  It doesn't take away what he and Freddy did to Indy.  It doesn't take away the fact that he was one of the best RB's in the league for a few years, and led the league in rushing for over 1600 yards one year.  

He's old.  I love him, but he's old.  Just like Freddy, I love him but he got old.
Quote:How is he not giving effort? He lowers his shoulder ever play and invites contact.. 

I agree.  He was getting an extra few yards with minimal running space.
Quote:Yeah they changed up the blocking on a couple of the running plays and added the draw in there as well. They were pulling Meester out to the left when running toward Bradfield and they had success running behind Uche and Pasztor a few times. Seems like they are figuring out a few things... hope it keeps improving.
Adjusted?!?

That can't be.

Jedd Fisch doesn't know what he's doing!

:/
Quote:He is not getting old. I think MJD never fully recovered from his foot injury because he did not have surgery until after the season was over, expecting to be ready to play again by the end of the year. He should have had surgery shortly after diagnosis because he never came back last year and eventually did have an operation.

He's ready for his football Social Security card.
He is getting old; matter of we're all getting older each day. Why are you taking it so personal someone is stating an obvious fact? The stlye of running back he's been over the years just adds to the wear and tear on his body and football life. He doesn't have long left in the NFL.
I wonder if MJD is starting himself on his fantasy team...

Pages: 1 2