Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What's A Grade Two Hammy Injury?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So tough guy Gabby has a grade 2 injury, and won't play next week. Shocker. Bradley still says he's the starter. Its official, they are not interested in winning.

But back to the question... What's a grade 2 injury? Bad? Semi? Light?
You're welcome. Smile

http://bit.ly/1fVzGBu

Quote:You're welcome. Smile

http://bit.ly/1fVzGBu
A grade 2 hamstring strain will take two to three weeks of recovery for proper healing to occur. Do not allow yourself to put too much stress on the leg during this time because it will just increase the length of recovery time. With a grade 2 strain, you will have pain when walking, constricted range of motion, and tingling and pulling sensations in your leg. Until these symptoms are almost diminished, avoid physical activity. You are also at high risk of losing balls. 

maybe its that time of the month  :teehee:

Thought it said 4 to 6 weeks.

Less I see of the doofus the better....

Losing is one thing......getting gabberted is a whole 'nother deal.

I'm tired of seeing him play wormball.

Quote:Grade one hamstrings should be rested from sporting activity for approximately 3 weeks, and grade two injuries typically require 4 to 6 weeks for recovery.

wiki^

In football terms,  for another player, recovering from the same injury a couple years ago.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/14328...his-season

Quote:A grade 2 hamstring strain will take two to three weeks of recovery for proper healing to occur. Do not allow yourself to put too much stress on the leg during this time because it will just increase the length of recovery time. With a grade 2 strain, you will have pain when walking, constricted range of motion, and tingling and pulling sensations in your leg. Until these symptoms are almost diminished, avoid physical activity. You are also at high risk of losing balls. [/size]

Losing balls? He lost them before the hammy incident. or.. You talking foot ball?
Thanks for the info. It tells me that it depends on an individual to some degree... In this case? IR.
Quote:A grade 2 hamstring strain will take two to three weeks of recovery for proper healing to occur. Do not allow yourself to put too much stress on the leg during this time because it will just increase the length of recovery time. With a grade 2 strain, you will have pain when walking, constricted range of motion, and tingling and pulling sensations in your leg. Until these symptoms are almost diminished, avoid physical activity. You are also at high risk of losing balls. [/size]

Your motion picture explains why Gabbert lost the ball. He was attempting to bring it back in. He was checking down to MJD and the defender cut in front of MJD. Had Gabbert thrown the ball it would've been an INT...

NH3...
Gabbert said he heard his hamstring pop. That description is what players say about their knees when they tear ligaments. Bradley said Gabbert is "week to week."

Dagnabbit.... I had hopes that it was season ending.

Grade 2: We've seen Gabbert make his last NFL start. He's now destined for the history books.
Quote:Your motion picture explains why Gabbert lost the ball. He was attempting to bring it back in. He was checking down to MJD and the defender cut in front of MJD. Had Gabbert thrown the ball it would've been an INT...

NH3...

What's new?????
Quote:Gabbert said he heard his hamstring pop. That description is what players say about their knees when they tear ligaments. Bradley said Gabbert is "week to week."

Corrected quote is... " Weak, too weak ".
Quote:Corrected quote is... " Weak, too weak ".
This made my morning.
It means that it's open-ended, so that they can keep declaring that the injury is not improving and the tear won't heal, when in reality they just want to bench him for the rest of the season.

Stick a fork in him, he's done. Feel bad for all those who got Gabbad jerseys.

Stay strong during these dark days fellas, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I woke up this morning and ran to the bathroom and took a nice Gabbert. I felt so much better after that!

Quote:I woke up this morning and ran to the bathroom and took a nice Gabbert. I felt so much better after that!
Also known as a "Steamy Gabbert"
Quote:Gabbert said he heard his hamstring pop. That description is what players say about their knees when they tear ligaments. Bradley said Gabbert is "week to week."

"I hear phantom popping noises"  says Gabbert
Pages: 1 2