Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why Are Jaguars Not Exploring Every Option At Qb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
To me both Gus and Dave seem like intelligent guys and seem to know what they're doing except when it comes to QB position.  I just don't understand why they have been sticking this long with Gabbert and Henne??  Okay I understand the Henne situation, he's a backup that knows this offense well and can come in in case the starting QB goes down, but why they stick with Gabbert this long?  Anyone who has watched him play for the past 27-28 games (not sure on exact number) can tell you that he is not an NFL level QB.  He had strong showing in the last two preseasons, but that's it.  He has done nothing and I mean NOTHING in the regular season that makes you say "okay this guy has got it" or "he's getting better".  I think even if he showed a slight and I really mean SLIGHT chance of improvement in the regular season it would justify them sticking with him, but he has yet to do this.  In fact you can make a case that he has been getting worse.  Is there outside pressure on Gus and Dave from not wanting to discredit Tony Khans analytics which were clearly statistically bloated in favor of Blaine... and also considering that he's the owners son... ?

I think it would be in Jaguars best interest to suit up both Scott and Stanzi and give them a chance to prove themselves.   We don't know what these guys can do yet, but we know for sure what Gabber and Henne bring to the table.  At this point we have nothing to lose and for those of you that don't want to risk of winning with a new QB because you want to tank for Teddy are 100% wrong.  Not that long ago Browns were in the same situation and were more than likely stockpiling picks to trade up and grab Teddy in case they didn't end up at #1 until they gave Hoyer a chance.  He had an excellent showing and looked like a franchise QB in the making until he unfortunately went down with the injury.  The point is this gives them a chance to focus on other position of need in 1st besides a QB and if Jaguars a team who is pretty much in desperate need at every position could do the same it would be a HUGE positive moving forward.  

Its still early in the season and both Stanzi and Scott would have enough time to show you what they got, I just don't understand why it hasn't been done yet?

It's obvious that we are trying to lose.  They know Gabby will get us to where they want to go.  If not him, then Henne is their next best option.

Tldr but nfl draft.
the word youre looking for is tanking

In Gabberts defense (and i've wanted Gabby gone since the end of his 1st season) he did have a decent game in Minnesota. 

Quote:In Gabberts defense (and i've wanted Gabby gone since the end of his 1st season) he did have a decent game in Minnesota. 

That and he showed sings of life in Oakland game before getting injured. 
Quote:the word youre looking for is tanking

I wouldn't call it that.

I'd call it not wanting to put in a good QB just to get him killed.

QB fodder
Quote:To me both Gus and Dave seem like intelligent guys and seem to know what they're doing except when it comes to QB position.  I just don't understand why they have been sticking this long with Gabbert and Henne??  Okay I understand the Henne situation, he's a backup that knows this offense well and can come in in case the starting QB goes down, but why they stick with Gabbert this long?  Anyone who has watched him play for the past 27-28 games (not sure on exact number) can tell you that he is not an NFL level QB.  He had strong showing in the last two preseasons, but that's it.  He has done nothing and I mean NOTHING in the regular season that makes you say "okay this guy has got it" or "he's getting better".  I think even if he showed a slight and I really mean SLIGHT chance of improvement in the regular season it would justify them sticking with him, but he has yet to do this.  In fact you can make a case that he has been getting worse.  Is there outside pressure on Gus and Dave from not wanting to discredit Tony Khans analytics which were clearly statistically bloated in favor of Blaine... and also considering that he's the owners son... ?

I think it would be in Jaguars best interest to suit up both Scott and Stanzi and give them a chance to prove themselves.   We don't know what these guys can do yet, but we know for sure what Gabber and Henne bring to the table.  At this point we have nothing to lose and for those of you that don't want to risk of winning with a new QB because you want to tank for Teddy are 100% wrong.  Not that long ago Browns were in the same situation and were more than likely stockpiling picks to trade up and grab Teddy in case they didn't end up at #1 until they gave Hoyer a chance.  He had an excellent showing and looked like a franchise QB in the making until he unfortunately went down with the injury.  The point is this gives them a chance to focus on other position of need in 1st besides a QB and if Jaguars a team who is pretty much in desperate need at every position could do the same it would be a HUGE positive moving forward.  

Its still early in the season and both Stanzi and Scott would have enough time to show you what they got, I just don't understand why it hasn't been done yet?

stop crying like a little girl and we will get a new qb next year. Get over it.
The only people that want us to go after QB options like Freeman would be people that only want to see us ruin our #1 draft spot and this not be able to draft Teddy. 

i,e, most likely Texan/ Titan/ Colts fans...

Quote:The only people that want us to go after QB options like Freeman would be people that only want to see us ruin our #1 draft spot and this not be able to draft Teddy. 

i,e, most likely Texan/ Titan/ Colts fans...

Gabbert was so bad on Sunday, surely nothing can mess this up now...
Quote:Gabbert was so bad on Sunday, surely nothing can mess this up now...

I dunno....

11 games left, and Jags schedule gets very winnable after the bye. 

Buccaneers in full tank mode and their schedule is much tougher....

plus, Gabbert may not take another snap this season....bad for us who want Bridgewater...
They're flat out tanking and lying about it at the same time. I'm for it thru the weekdays but come Sunday I always want the team to win so that tanking crap goes out the window. I hope we take Clowney or Barr and draft a qb later. If that qb doesn't pan out we tank another year. A lot of folks who support this organization and work for them is cool with losing, what's wrong with tanking next year again? At least we'll have a good pass rusher/playmaker on defense.

Quote:They're flat out tanking and lying about it at the same time. I'm for it thru the weekdays but come Sunday I always want the team to win so that tanking crap goes out the window. I hope we take Clowney or Barr and draft a qb later. If that qb doesn't pan out we tank another year. A lot of folks who support this organization and work for them is cool with losing, what's wrong with tanking next year again? At least we'll have a good pass rusher/playmaker on defense.

I'm for getting Clowney too, so why not see if the other 2 QB we have on the roster can actually play.
Quote:I dunno....

plus, Gabbert may not take another snap this season....bad for us who want Bridgewater...
The anxiety of wanting to get that #1 pick is almost as bad as when we are actually a competitive team and trying to win games and make it to the playoffs.

Hell, losing has become something to look forward to this season, sounds weird, but damn it I want a good QB.
Quote:stop crying like a little girl and we will get a new qb next year. Get over it.

Ohh I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.  I'll try to use shorter sentences from now on. 

Gabbert bad, Henne bad, try Scott and Stanzi.

Better???
Quote:Ohh I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.  I'll try to use shorter sentences from now on. 

Gabbert bad, Henne bad, try Scott and Stanzi.

Better???

Also in case that was too complicated for you let me illustrate with a quick drawing:

[Image: IRggITV.png]
Quote:Also in case that was too complicated for you let me illustrate with a quick drawing:

[Image: IRggITV.png]
Jeez man, I never knew we had a truly talented artist on the board. Good for you man.

Do you do any art shows around town?
Quote:I dunno....

I disagree about the bucs. Their coach is coaching for his job right now. If he keeps losing then he won't have a job and then the tank will be on.
If we're purposely tanking, why can't we use Denard at QB. I don't care if he's not a good QB.... He cannot, I repeat CANNOT be worse the Jaine Gibblet

Why?

Teddy Bridgewater
Pages: 1 2 3