Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ugly Feud Between Scobee And Gus Obviously Dividing Locker Room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday...

Last week down 34-3, 4th and goal from the 4,  and with the game on the line, Coach Bradley had the choice to either send our All Pro kicker out to kick it and make it a four possession game. Instead, Gabbert comes out and promptly whips the ball off the middle of the end zone. Yesterday, Scobee comes out, splits the uprights and you can see our players oozing with confidence on the sideline. Then, all hell breaks loose. A pink flag on the field leads to a redo of 4th down from the 2 instead of the four and what does Gus do...takes the points off the board and trots in Gabbert who promptly throws a perfect spiral to one of the players on the opposing team.Furthermore, Gus Bradley went for two three weeks ago vs. Oakland, once again keeping his best player off of the field.

Game, Set Match -  a once promising season gone right down the drain and only one person to blame - Coach Gus Bradley.

It's decisions like these that only lead a rational human being to state the obvious - There obviously must be a power struggle in the locker room between Bradley and his best player Josh Scobee. It should be noted that feuds such as these are not all that uncommon. Tom Landry and Roger Staubach had their issues, as did John Elway and Mike Shanahan and as did Paul Blomenkamp with star power forward TC. It should be noted that in all of but the last case cited, the head coach was in fact right, but in the situation of TC, he did go on to average 45 points a game after cutting ties with Blomenkamp. The Bradley situation frankly reminds me more of this situation than the previous two...

Clearly Gus Bradley is trying to show Scobee who is boss and who is running the show. Why else would you not allow a guy to kick a field goal for guaranteed, yes guaranteed points???  . In back, to back to  back games, Bradley has clearly shown that his personal agenda is much more important than winning football games. Scobee has made 100% of his kicks this year and Gabbert or Henne for that matter have clearly proven to be inferior choices when it comes to these type of situations.

Generally, when I read between the lines I am spot on - as I think I am here. At best, Coach Gus Bradley needs to understand the concept of time and score. At worst, Coach Gus Bradley needs to stop these petty feuds and allow our work horses to do their job.

This feud needs to end if we have any chance in Del Rio week, the most pivotal point in our franchises history.

Moving onto next week, Del Rio did a masterful job yesterday of now giving the Jags and reads on what they can expect next week. While the naysayers will point out that the Cowboys scored 48 points, the real football fans know that the Denver D made a play when they had to make a play.

I'm sorry, I can't take anything you say seriously.

You wanted us to FIRE Andy Heck.  Now he's with the Chiefs.  And he's obviously leading them to a 5-0 season.  That's a major improvement over their 2-14 season last year.  Andy Reid knew that Andy Heck wasn't the problem here.  That's why he let him come into Kansas City and let him take control of the defensive line.  Wasn't even the first time he used an Offensive Line coach to take over the Defense.

I refuse to believe you anymore. smh.

Wow.
You're just making us uncomfortable

Have you folks never encountered satire before?

I knew something was up with Scoobe and Bradley, it just didn't register until now

+1

Quote:Have you folks never encountered satire before?

And it's usually supposed to be funny
Game was definitely not on the line. That game was over almost before it began..

In my opinion its a perfect storm of horrible play calling, not enough true talent and poor execution. Almost all phases of the game are to blame..
Trolololol.

Quote:It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday...

Last week down 34-3, 4th and goal from the 4, and with the game on the line, Coach Bradley had the choice to either send our All Pro kicker out to kick it and make it a four possession game. Instead, Gabbert comes out and promptly whips the ball off the middle of the end zone. Yesterday, Scobee comes out, splits the uprights and you can see our players oozing with confidence on the sideline. Then, all hell breaks loose. A pink flag on the field leads to a redo of 4th down from the 2 instead of the four and what does Gus do...takes the points off the board and trots in Gabbert who promptly throws a perfect spiral to one of the players on the opposing team.Furthermore, Gus Bradley went for two three weeks ago vs. Oakland, once again keeping his best player off of the field.

Game, Set Match - a once promising season gone right down the drain and only one person to blame - Coacyh Gus Bradley.

It's decisions like these that only lead a rational human being to state the obvious - There obviously must be a power struggle in the locker room between Bradley and his best player Josh Scobee. It should be noted that feuds such as these are not all that uncommon. Tom Landry and Roger Staubach had their issues, as did John Elway and Mike Shanahan and as did Paul Blomenkamp with star power forward TC. It should be noted that in all of but the last case cited, the head coach was in fact right, but in the situation of TC, he did go on to average 45 points a game after cutting ties with Blomenkamp. The Bradley situation frankly reminds me more of this situation than the previous two...

Clearly Gus Bradley is trying to show Scobee who is boss and who is running the show. Why else would you not allow a guy to kick a field goal for guaranteed, yes guaranteed points??? . In back, to back to back games, Bradley has clearly shown that his personal agenda is much more important than winning football games. Scobee has made 100% of his kicks this year and Gabbert or Henne for that matter have clearly proven to be inferior choices when it comes to these type of situations.

Generally, when I read between the lines I am spot on - as I think I am here. At best, Coach Gus Bradley needs to understand the concept of time and score. At worst, Coach Gus Bradley needs to stop these petty feuds and allow our work horses to do their job.

This feud needs to end if we have any chance in Del Rio week, the most pivotal point in our franchises history.

Moving onto next week, Del Rio did a masterful job yesterday of now giving the Jags and reads on what they can expect next week. While the naysayers will point out that the Cowboys scored 48 points, the real football fans know that the Denver D made a play when they had to make a play.

Do you realize if Landry was confronted by his place kicker, he prob would have cut him.

Not release him from the roster... like literally CUT him... like with a knife.
I don't see any links in the OP to prove the claims a Bradley/Scobee feud divided the locker room.

Could the horrible play calling be caused by the fact that Bradley is a former defensive coordinator? You guys criticized JDR, also a former DC, for some of our problems on offense.

Laughing

Keep it coming Omaha, people that take Omaha seriously remind of the people that think the Daily Show is a real news show........
Quote:And it's usually supposed to be funny

I think it is funny, but not nearly as funny as the responses from those who take it seriously.
Omaha, I had read the same thing but it was more about Scobee and his stats.  He's upset that he won't have an achievement in Madden like Blaine got this year.

No holds barred, who wins a fight between Gus and Scobee? My $$'s on Scobee w/ a kick to the junk.
Quote:Have you folks never encountered satire before?

Satire?  Isn't that like... what you wear?
We have to cut Scobee, this dispute cant be allowed to continue.

LOl. That's classic. You nailed it Omaha. Keep it coming. I always look forward to your Monday posts.

Quote:I don't see any links in the OP to prove the claims a Bradley/Scobee feud divided the locker room.

Could the horrible play calling be caused by the fact that Bradley is a former defensive coordinator? You guys criticized JDR, also a former DC, for some of our problems on offense.
It's just obvious. Our lack luster play needs to be attributed to something doesn't it? I just think it would be good if leadership in the Jags organization would sit the two of these down to hash our their differences before it's to late. We have plenty of time to turn this thing around but the sooner, the better obviously.
Pages: 1 2 3