Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Colts King Of The Afcs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the more things change, the more they stay the same. sigh. they seem to be a perennial playoff team. its like the manning era all over again.  Are we ever gonna win this division Wallbash   Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash  Wallbash

We aren't winning the division no matter how good the colts are at the mo. This Colts team is nowhere near as good as Manning's either. The 2007 jags are better than the current colts
Quote:We aren't winning the division no matter how good the colts are at the mo. This Colts team is nowhere near as good as Manning's either. The 2007 jags are better than the current colts
O.o what? The clots finally found themselves a little bit of a D. Luck>Garrard, Hilton and Wayne>who were our WRs in 07? tell me... whatever you're smoking... is it good?
When we get a QB, and a pass rush. 

...the exact same things we needed in 2008. 

That we could have drafted JPP instead of... Tyson AwhoAwho makes my blood boil.  Trading up for Gabbert was terrible.  But at the very least most people didn't go "WHO?" when he was picked in the Top Freakin' Ten.  

The Colts will be an annual playoff contender until the division gets it's act together.  When your division is competitive, you don't see annual playoff makers as often.  When your division isn't competitive.... the same team wins the division year in and year out because nobody challenges them for it.

yeah i just hate seeing the colts on top again. the last decade was annoying enough, i dont want another decade  Wallbash

Quote:When we get a QB, and a pass rush. 

...the exact same things we needed in 2008. 

That we could have drafted JPP instead of... Tyson AwhoAwho makes my blood boil.  Trading up for Gabbert was terrible.  But at the very least most people didn't go "WHO?" when he was picked in the Top Freakin' Ten.  

The Colts will be an annual playoff contender until the division gets it's act together.  When your division is competitive, you don't see annual playoff makers as often.  When your division isn't competitive.... the same team wins the division year in and year out because nobody challenges them for it.

As I recall, the Jaguars took a punter ahead of Russell Wilson...  ?  THAT is the type of FO decision that will doom the Jaguars year after year.

Granted, hindsight is usually 20/20 or better, but still.  A punter in the third round?
Quote:As I recall, the Jaguars took a punter ahead of Russell Wilson...  ?  THAT is the type of FO decision that will doom the Jaguars year after year.

Granted, hindsight is usually 20/20 or better, but still.  A punter in the third round?

A lot of QB needy teams passed on Wilson.  Drafting a punter was stupid.  But chances are if we didn't draft Anger, we wouldn't have drafted Wilson.  I doubt anybody mocked Wilson to us, but I bet a few mocked JPP.
Quote:O.o what? The clots finally found themselves a little bit of a D. Luck>Garrard, Hilton and Wayne>who were our WRs in 07? tell me... whatever you're smoking... is it good?

lastonealive is clueless and has always been, especially when it's anything regarding the Colts.

He thinks if he types/says it enough it will become reality. He's still left waiting and always will be.
The Jaguars problem isn't the Colts right now.   We need to actually win a game before we start worrying about who we gotta beat in the division.  

And unless you're saying Luck is one of the best quarterbacks in NFL hisotry already, this is not the Manning era. 

Quote:And unless you're saying Luck is one of the best quarterbacks in NFL hisotry already, this is not the Manning era.

Agreed. But I will say that, IMO, Luck has been better to this point (first 1 1/4 seasons) than Peyton was. And most importantly, the team appears to be trying to build the other areas around Luck (D, running game) instead or relying completely on him. Does that mean the Luck era Colts will ultimatley be better than the Manning era Colts? Of course not. But I wouldn't laugh at the thought......
my point was, im just tired of seeing the colts at the top of the division. not saying luck = manning.

Quote:my point was, im just tired of seeing the colts at the top of the division. not saying luck = manning.

If you have a quarterback and you're winning 10 games minimum every year, it's all good.   Since the beginning of the AFC South, the Jaguars won 10 or more games a grand total of two seasons and made the playoffs both of those years.  The Colts had very little impact on our playoff situation during the Manning Era.
I just hope Colts fans can appreciate how consistently good this team has been year after year, now decade after decade. In a league as competitive as the NFL, its really something special. Sometimes I fear Colts fans become jaded. You are not suppose to be serious playoff contenders every year but 2 for the last 15 seasons. It really is one of the greatest runs in the history of the NFL.

The Colts have now beaten the previously undefeated Seahawks and the 49ers (@ SF) in the last 3 weeks. They scored a combined 61 points in those games against  2 of the top defenses in football. They blew out the 49ers by 20. And beat the Seahawks after being down by 12 in the first quarter and trailing again in the 4th. The Colts lead the Texans by 2 games. The Titans are without their starting QB. The AFC South is there for the taking. This team is coming of age faster than anyone could have hoped. On local sports talk radio people where wondering how this team lost to Miami in week 2. Colts fans are actually disappointed we are not 5-0!  I couldn't believe it.

Right now it could be argued the Colts are the second best team in the AFC. We are building a great roster with young studs (Luck, Hilton, Fleener, ETC) who will be with the team for years.

We as Colts fans must never take what this organization has accomplished for granted.  Yes... the Colts are cool! Lets appreciate this. And not act like spoiled, little, rich kids.

Quote:Agreed. But I will say that, IMO, Luck has been better to this point (first 1 1/4 seasons) than Peyton was. And most importantly, the team appears to be trying to build the other areas around Luck (D, running game) instead or relying completely on him. Does that mean the Luck era Colts will ultimatley be better than the Manning era Colts? Of course not. But I wouldn't laugh at the thought......

The new era Colts are being built the way the Steelers and Patriots of the early/mid 2000s were built. The emphasis with this new regime is to have a great team, instead of a great QB with individual parts around him. 

I like the new approach.

2000-2010 was dominated by the AFC. The Patriots won 3 Super Bowls with a great team. The Steelers won 2 Super Bowls with a great team. And the Colts won 1 Super Bowl with a great QB and 2 HOF wide receivers. The verdict is in. Great teams beat average teams uplifted by a great QB.

Since the Patriots have left the "great team approach" from 2001-2006 and opted for the "star QB approach" (2007-Present) its interesting that they haven't won a championship. And they have had some big playoff losses in that time span. (Remind you of any team? Smile ) Great teams are just more consistent and ultimately win more championships.

The Colts are building this team the right way.
Quote:I just hope Colts fans can appreciate how consistently good this team has been year after year, now decade after decade. In a league as competitive as the NFL, its really something special. Sometimes I fear Colts fans become jaded. You are not suppose to be serious playoff contenders every year but 2 for the last 15 seasons. It really is one of the greatest runs in the history of the NFL.

The Colts have now beaten the previously undefeated Seahawks and the 49ers (@ SF) in the last 3 weeks. They scored a combined 61 points in those games against  2 of the top defenses in football. They blew out the 49ers by 20. And beat the Seahawks after being down by 12 in the first quarter and trailing again in the 4th. The Colts lead the Texans by 2 games. The Titans are without their starting QB. The AFC South is there for the taking. This team is coming of age faster than anyone could have hoped. On local sports talk radio people where wondering how this team lost to Miami in week 2. Colts fans are actually disappointed we are not 5-0!  I couldn't believe it.

Right now it could be argued the Colts are the second best team in the AFC. We are building a great roster with young studs (Luck, Hilton, Fleener, ETC) who will be with the team for years.

We as Colts fans must never take what this organization has accomplished for granted.  Yes... the Colts are cool! Lets appreciate this. And not act like spoiled, little, rich kids.

You posted on the wrong board again, T-Rex, only a handful of Colts fans hang out around here ... You need to put such wise words somewhere that more Colts fans will heed your wise advice.

If the season ended today ...  Another Manning very possibly could be replaced with the #1 overall draft pick.

Would the Giants steal Bridgewater out from under the Jaguars nose? If the draft were held today?

Giants

<div>Jaguars
Buccaneers
Steelers

The Giants schedule doesn't have any "sure" victories, and the AFCS could cost the Jaguars the tie against the Giants. Maybe even one last chance for TC to stick it to the Jags.

Time for Eli to get a crick in his neck ... Those Mannings must really hate you guys. Tongue
</div>
I've only really mentioned the Colts over the past 12 months and that's because you guy's ego's compared to your teams actual performance puts even the Texans fans to shame.

You even are now calling yourself an "Elite organasiation". You are hardly the packers with their championships and their storied history and hardly play at Lambeau field.

In fact your team is still overshadowed by the Baltimore version, and your owner seems more meddling and annoying than Jerry Jones.

and Trent Richardson....hey we jags fans know what happens when you waste 1st round picks too often, and you guys seem to be good at that lately.

However Freeman is a beast, he played great from what I saw of your game. Luck was better than i've seen him play before too, he may be on the verge of being a top 10 qb if he continues...

Quote:lastonealive is clueless and has always been, especially when it's anything regarding the Colts.

He thinks if he types/says it enough it will become reality. He's still left waiting and always will be.
Luck doesn't have Manning's ability to manufacture W's.  When the other teams get better there will be actual competition in this division instead of the Manning era where it was just a foregone conclusion that Colts were walking into the playoffs.  

Quote:I've only really mentioned the Colts over the past 12 months and that's because you guy's ego's compared to your teams actual performance puts even the Texans fans to shame.

This is interesting, considering a JAGUARS FAN MADE THIS THREAD. You even posted your ridiculous post before a Colts fan even commented.  Laughing

And yes, the Colts are an elite organization if you think otherwise you're either A.) blind B.) jealous OR C.) living in lala land. (likely to be all of the above)

Quote:This is interesting, considering a JAGUARS FAN MADE THIS THREAD. You even posted your ridiculous post before a Colts fan even commented.  Laughing

And yes, the Colts are an elite organization if you think otherwise you're either A.) blind B.) jealous OR C.) living in lala land. (likely to be all of the above)

I think the 2007 Jags could beat the current Colts, what's so ridiculous about that?

You guys lost to the Gabbert led jags as recently as last season
Quote:I think the 2007 Jags could beat the current Colts, what's so ridiculous about that?

You guys lost to the Gabbert led jags as recently as last season

They won eleven games also, so it hardly matters.
Pages: 1 2