Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who Was The One Who Said Gus Bradley Was A Good Defensive Coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So as i sit here and watch the game i realize, we bought in a defensive minded coach, and our defense SUCKS!They have given 28,19,45,37,34!! Really ? I mean not even Del Rio's and Tuckers Defense were this bad! Hell it dont even matter if, we had Bridgewater we still wouldnt win with these numbers on defense! We still have the same issues on the d-line, our LB look old and slow, secondary looks better at time..So in saying this even tho Gabbert is Garbage it really aint all his fault!! And Jedd Fisch is another thread smh!! Poor Mr.Khan
Players, not plays... Why is the whole rebuilding thing so hard to understand? We have sub-standard talent on this team from 10+ years of bad drafting. 

Quote:Players, not plays... Why is the whole rebuilding thing so hard to understand? We have sub-standard talent on this team from 10+ years of bad drafting.
How you figure that when this coaching staff got rid of those players you referring too?
Quote:How you figure that when this coaching staff got rid of those players you referring too?

GM Gus Bradley?
The defense really isn't all that bad. They don't get to leave the field for more than 4 plays with the offense going 3 and out every single drive. For having 3 rookies and a street FA starting in the secondary, I'm pretty happy with the defense.

I don't put much blame on the defense. How many of those points are defensive touchdowns by the other team? Or a result of a short field. The defense is on the field the entire game.

Quote:How you figure that when this coaching staff got rid of those players you referring too?

They haven't gotten rid of near all of them. I fully expect another fair amount of players to be turned over before next season begins. There's still dead weight from the last GM that needs to go. On both sides of the ball. You simply cannot replace it all in one season or even two. This team has drafted too bad and signed too many horrid FA deals over the past 5+ years to be fixed quickly.
You be trollin'.

D is on the field a lot and is filled with young guys. Usually have awful field position to deal with too.

And replaced them with what? Our team has no depth and no talent (minus a few positions.. WR cough cough). MinistryMan is right.
Nobody said the players we cycled through after TC were pro bowl caliber. They just happened to be potentially better than what we had at the beginning of TC. It still isn't a great roster... Rookies need to grow, we need to plug the right (and affordable) vets in for a couple years until we pick quality players in the draft.

This is a complete gut job and rebuild through solid drafting. Settle in... It's going to be a rough couple years until we do.

umm The defense played well today, they had 14 points come off turnovers 

Pick six.... So 27 Points. And overall 14 points off turnovers. What are you expecting?

2 years from know you will have a point.

Is this a real thread? Considering who started it I'm not surprised.
Quote:GM Gus Bradley?
u dont think he have a say so in HIS players?
Quote:Is this a real thread? Considering who started it I'm not surprised.
If you writing in it i guess so huh! Smh.
I remember seeing a graphic at half time that the defense only really allowed 1 drive in the whole first half, and only 1 long one in the 2nd half as well. There were two more drives that resulted in a field goal in the 2nd but considering they keep getting put right back on the field over and over without any help from the offense, they played well.
The defense is hardly the problem. What do you expect from a unit that is spending a majority of the game on the field?

Time of possession:

Mullets - 35.19

Jags - 24.41

This is the best TOP the Jags have had this season also.

They are starting a lot of rookies and players new to the system. All things considered, they have done a respectable job. 3/4 of the secondary is playing at best their fifth regular season game.

They are holding their own and will only get better.

Actually the D is playing at an acceptable level, I think considerably better than last year. 

You can't use Point Against. Gabbert has thrown three pick 6's in three games.

Who was the one?

I don't know.  Maybe every single one of these people? 

[Image: nfl_a_12thman01jr_600.jpg]

Pages: 1 2