Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's Time To Stop Blaming Gabbert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is no question that he is the worse QB's to ever play the game, but it's time to start blaming the person that allows it to continue, the head coach.  Why would anyone stick with this QB when he gives you no chance to win or to even be competitive?  Could it be this season means nothing. 

You're very late to the party...

Eyes on the prize - 1st pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.

We need to ummm, "evaluate" Gabberd's play conclusively. 

Ahem.

The other choices we have are not any better...Help is not on the way at qb...all of the qbs we have on the roster are bad

Quote:There is no question that he is the worse QB's to ever play the game, but it's time to start blaming the person that allows it to continue, the head coach.  Why would anyone stick with this QB when he gives you no chance to win or to even be competitive?  Could it be this season means nothing.

This season means the potential of getting a franchise QB.
Quote:The other choices we have are not any better...Help is not on the way at qb...all of the qbs we have on the roster are bad

Henne is leaps and bounds better than Gabbert. 
Quote:This season means the potential of getting a franchise QB.

So are we playing the worse QB on the roster on purpose?
Quote:So are we playing the worse QB on the roster on purpose?

Gabbert and Henne are not much different. Both will lead us to Bridgewater so I'm content with either.

Apparently.  And apparently our team is so good that only by starting the worst QB in the league are we able to get a franchise QB in the 2014 draft.  I didn't realize that we must go 0-16 to get one of the top 3 spots in the nfl draft...  Go figure... 
I think all these blowout losses over the past 2 years has erroded the logic in a lot of people.  We can be competitive, we can get better THIS year and still be in a position to draft a franchise QB in 2014.  I don't know why everyone wants to continue to watch this team implode both on Sundays and by trading good players for 3rd day draft picks.

Quote:Apparently.  And apparently our team is so good that only by starting the worst QB in the league are we able to get a franchise QB in the 2014 draft.  I didn't realize that we must go 0-16 to get one of the top 3 spots in the nfl draft...  Go figure... 

We do with the Buccaneers tanking.  You think playing Gabbert's bad? Imagine having Josh Freeman and starting Mike Glennon.
We don't need Gabbert to start to get the number one pick. Gabbert should be cut immediately, he doesn't deserve a paycheck. It really is ridiculous the guy starts week in week out.

Gabbert was to be the franchise QB. There are no guarantees the next one will be either. Especially with no protection.

Smacked by the lowly Rams.
Quote:We do with the Buccaneers tanking.  You think playing Gabbert's bad? Imagine having Josh Freeman and starting Mike Glennon.
Keep tap dancing around a cop out.
Quote:Gabbert was to be the franchise QB. There are no guarantees the next one will be either. Especially with no protection.

Smacked by the lowly Rams.
Gabbert was the 3rd Qb taken that year. Guess why Carolina and Tennesse(I think) passrd on him?
Quote:Gabbert was the 3rd Qb taken that year. Guess why Carolina and Tennesse(I think) passrd on him?

And they moved up to get him? He was a high #1 pick. He was to be " the guy" . Because he was th third QB picked has nothing to do with it. He's a bust. Another one!
Quote:I think all these blowout losses over the past 2 years has erroded the logic in a lot of people.  We can be competitive, we can get better THIS year and still be in a position to draft a franchise QB in 2014.  I don't know why everyone wants to continue to watch this team implode both on Sundays and by trading good players for 3rd day draft picks.

Henne isn't exactly setting the world on fire here either.  And Stanzi's not a whole lot better despite what everyone thinks.  The QB situation is bad.  Any wins with Henne will be the other team losing, rather than us winning.  That's what we don't want to see.  If we get legit wins this year, that's fine.  But too much of the Del Rio era was spent getting wins from other teams who 'lost' rather than us 'win'.  

Quote:Keep tap dancing around a cop out.

Keep making posts that have no significance.

I think its obvious.
The offensive line played ok. The receivers played well. gabbert was terrible

I understand it's important to get a franchise QB, but what do we do about the other 7 pathetic offensive starters and the 6 0r 7 defensive starters?    We practically need a whole new team.

Quote:Henne is leaps and bounds better than Gabbert. 

That may be true, but he is still mediocre and is in no way a franchise QB. Neither is Gabbert, for that matter... But, you might as well play the younger guy and rule him out for the future. I think that day has come and gone, though... We're the Colts of 2011. Survive this year, draft the next franchise guy, and move on...
Pages: 1 2 3