Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mjd Has Hurt This Franchise More Than Help It. To No Fault Of His Own.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MJD has given us a couple of pro bowl years and 1000 yard seasons as well as a rushing title. There is no doubt he has given this franchise and city his best effort. However, I think MJD's stardom and hype has done more negative to this franchise than many understand.

His first year starting, Jack Del Rio at the time decided halfway through the season that running the damn ball 20+ times even on 3rd down was the right thing to do. At that time, We had Fred Taylor as well. The tandom wrecked face until he was cut. Ever since, Every single coach that has passed through here has leaned on MJD almost to the point of avoiding the passing game at all.

I am of the belief that in the last 5-6 years, This league has been transformed into a passing league and as such you CANNOT win a superbowl with a potent passing attack. Even the steelers won the superbowl by passing. Yet, Our recent coaches think MJD could change that fact. HE cant. No back can. A potent passing attack isn't born by adding a better QB or better WR's. Its born and developed by using it. Its like a muscle. The more you use it, The better it becomes.

Overall, MJD needs to go. He's been exciting to watch but coaches have been leaning on him way too much. Its time to lean on the passing game. WITH OR WITHOUT a good QB. Thankfully it seems Fisch and Bradely are taking the passing game more serious. I think itll improve bigtime as we go forward.

Weren't both of the teams in last year's Superbowl run heavy teams? 

Quote: A potent passing attack isn't born by adding a better QB or better WR's. Its born and developed by using it. Its like a muscle. The more you use it, The better it becomes.

Does this mean we dont need to draft Teddy? Just exercise our Blaine muscle some more?
So it was MJD's fault for being good and not the teams fault for not surrounding him with other talent. Got it
MJD was leaned upon because there was no significant talent at QB or WR.  

Well, we have some help at WR and should have a QB next year.....  so, it'll be a non-issue a year from now. 

(... but he hasn't "hurt" the franchise. that's silly) 

Gene Smith ruined this franchise. Nobody else. 

Quote:A potent passing attack isn't born by adding a better QB or better WR's. Its born and developed by using it. Its like a muscle. The more you use it, The better it becomes.
Players, not plays.
[Image: will-smith-snapbacks.gif]

I think the OP is trying to say MJD and more so the success we've had at RB in the past, has become a crutch for this organization.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any NFL organization that is thinking clearly would gladly want the pre-injuries version of MJD.     He was a complete RB.     A true difference maker.       Like KFL expressed,   the Jaguars organization didn't surround him with enough talent.      Despite that,   MJD basically carried the team on his back for many wins over the years.

Quote:I think the OP is trying to say MJD and more so the success we've had at RB in the past, has become a crutch for this organization.

Ding Ding Ding. Not saying we should stick with blaine Gabbert or that Bridgewater wouldn't help. We are leaning on the wrong crutch. One that doesn't win championships. Passing is the game, You should be Passing 65% of the time.
Quote:Ding Ding Ding. Not saying we should stick with blaine Gabbert or that Bridgewater wouldn't help. We are leaning on the wrong crutch. One that doesn't win championships. Passing is the game, You should be Passing 65% of the time.

I've been arguing this for a little while now, most people miss the point that you're not blaming MJD or questioning the fact that he's been our best player for a long time, but pointing out the need for this organization to lean on any RB.

Different Owners, Coaches, GM's they all end up leaning on our ground game, because it's been our lifeline for so long.
Quote:MJD has given us a couple of pro bowl years and 1000 yard seasons as well as a rushing title. There is no doubt he has given this franchise and city his best effort. However, I think MJD's stardom and hype has done more negative to this franchise than many understand.

His first year starting, Jack Del Rio at the time decided halfway through the season that running the damn ball 20+ times even on 3rd down was the right thing to do. At that time, We had Fred Taylor as well. The tandom wrecked face until he was cut. Ever since, Every single coach that has passed through here has leaned on MJD almost to the point of avoiding the passing game at all.

I am of the belief that in the last 5-6 years, This league has been transformed into a passing league and as such you CANNOT win a superbowl with a potent passing attack. Even the steelers won the superbowl by passing. Yet, Our recent coaches think MJD could change that fact. HE cant. No back can. A potent passing attack isn't born by adding a better QB or better WR's. Its born and developed by using it. Its like a muscle. The more you use it, The better it becomes.

Overall, MJD needs to go. He's been exciting to watch but coaches have been leaning on him way too much. Its time to lean on the passing game. WITH OR WITHOUT a good QB. Thankfully it seems Fisch and Bradely are taking the passing game more serious. I think itll improve bigtime as we go forward.
Tbh AD carreid his team to the playoffs, and if they had even a slightly better quarterback then they have now in ponder they could have easly went to the super bowl on AD's back, and probably won it.
Quote:Tbh AD carreid his team to the playoffs, and if they had even a slightly better quarterback then they have now in ponder they could have easly went to the super bowl on AD's back, and probably won it.

But even as great as AD is the Vikings are irrelevant, they sink because of the horrible QB play.
I thought you fish bass... 

Wow.  I totally disagree. 

WHAT

Bad drafting and bad FA signings and lack of Great QB play have hurt this team, all MJD has done was keep the team from being the worst team in the NFL before last year. this thread is a joke.

Funny thing is jags were towards the top of the league last year in percentage of plays that were passing

both san fran and baltimore were in the bottom half 

Forget MJD. Bridgewater (2014) + Gurly (2016) = CHampionship

Pages: 1 2