Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Balls Boys And Equipment Assistants Were Used As Scout Team Receivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is one of the weirdest NFL stories I ever read. It is a week old, so don't worry about three wide receivers being out against the Rams.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/09/28/jaguar...receivers/

Matt Scott has seen time as a scout team receiver too
lol gene smith wouldve had a field day with the injured reserve by now

So what?
I can't read Twitterese. Who is denying the report, the Jaguars?

Is this going somewhere?

With Mike Brown and Stephen Burton hurt  -  and Blackmon suspended they had to be creative at practice.  Not a big deal, IMO.  

Diamonds in the rough I tell you.

Diamonds on the rough...
Ball boy, why not?
Quote:With Mike Brown and Stephen Burton hurt  -  and Blackmon suspended they had to be creative at practice.  Not a big deal, IMO.  
But it is a big deal that we were missing three wide receivers and needed to do that.
Quote:But it is a big deal that we were missing three wide receivers and needed to do that.
Yes.  Injuries have taken a toll this year (again) and the suspension hurt as well. 
We are like the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs!

Quote:We are like the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpj73xhGvmM
They should let some of the ball boys run the offense, can't be worse than Gabbert 

Quote:They should let some of the ball boys run the offense, can't be worse than Gabbert 
Then who will do their job?

If you are serious about that, you are an idiot.
Quote:Then who will do their job?

If you are serious about that, you are an idiot.

I'm sure Gabby and Henne are more than capable of filling in for them. 
Quote:They should let some of the ball boys run the offense, can't be worse than Gabbert 

Nah, they certainly can be worse than Gabbert.  

On the other hand, at WR -- I'm pretty sure most people can catch the ball 3 yards out.
El Rio had a coach fielding punts a couple years ago.  This is not nearly as newsworthy.

I think the league and the players association would have more than a few stern words for the Jaguars' coaching staff if this did indeed happen.

Quote:I think the league and the players association would have more than a few stern words for the Jaguars' coaching staff if this did indeed happen.

What makes you say that?  Last time I read the collective bargaining agreement, there was no language to make this a crime.  On a serious note, what makes you say that?
Pages: 1 2