Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Austin Pasztor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Found a good article and thought I would share.  He was a hockey player growing up and just got to tall to play goalie so he started playing football.  Went undrafted in the NFL, went to CFL where he was the 4th pick in the 1st round.  He was ranked as the fourth best player in the Canadian Football League’s Amateur Scouting Bureau final rankings for players eligible in the 2012 CFL Draft.  I hope he can come in and solidify the starting RT spot, it would make the Monroe trade that much better.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...is-starter

Well we could use more than Joeckel, but Gabbert's seeing phantoms and running out of clean pockets. Hopefully we can find people to protect Teddy
Quote:Well we could use more than Joeckel, but Gabbert's seeing phantoms and running out of clean pockets. Hopefully we can find people to protect Teddy
That's what i am saying.  I hope he can be the RT of the future no matter who the QB is.  It will be one less position we have to worry about.
Definitely 'looks' like a RT whereas Joeckel 'looks' like a LT
Quote:Well we could use more than Joeckel, but Gabbert's seeing phantoms and running out of clean pockets. Hopefully we can find people to protect Teddy

If Pazstor isn't good, then Gabbert's phantoms will be very real
when did pazstor pass bradfield? 

Quote:when did pazstor pass bradfield? 

When they saw Bradfield play, I'd guess.

Didn't Bradfield get benched for Pazstor at the end of last year?
Bradfield was abominable in the preseason. Pazstor was very good. Both were especially true in week 3 I believe.
Doesn't everyone?
Quote:Definitely 'looks' like a RT whereas Joeckel 'looks' like a LT

This is so true
Teams find diamond in the rough guys all the time. We should be allowed to also. If Pasztor plays well, good. If he doesn't, on to the next schlub.

I absolutely love the fact that he liked and played hockey growing up. That means he's nasty and tough and we need that along the offensive line.

I didn't even know he's Canadian. Now I'm really rooting for the guy. Being Canadian, and a hockey player, I'm sure he plays the game with an edge.

Maybe Gabbert should wear a garlic necklace or a crucifix to keep the phantoms away.
Sounds like he's a giant at 6'7". How does he not topple over? I'm excited to see how he'll handle the starting gig.

Quote:Found a good article and thought I would share.  He was a hockey player growing up and just got to tall to play goalie so he started playing football.  Went undrafted in the NFL, went to CFL where he was the 4th pick in the 1st round.  He was ranked as the fourth best player in the Canadian Football League’s Amateur Scouting Bureau final rankings for players eligible in the 2012 CFL Draft.  I hope he can come in and solidify the starting RT spot, it would make the Monroe trade that much better.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...is-starter

Reminds me of John Chick. He came from the CFL, right? He had his moments. 
i don't mind bradfield at RT (compared with guy whimper).  i actually like we found someone who could be better. 

Austin Pasztor...Next product of the hype machine?

The guy was listed at G, has taken majority of his reps at G, yet could not unseat the struggling and the weakest link of the OL in Rackley...and suddenly he's going to magically turn into the RT of our future...where he'll be more in space compared to inside at guard?

Quote:Austin Pasztor...Next product of the hype machine?

The guy was listed at G, has taken majority of his reps at G, yet could not unseat the struggling and the weakest link of the OL in Rackley...and suddenly he's going to magically turn into the RT of our future...where he'll be more in space compared to inside at guard?

Maybe, but also maybe Rackley is getting the same number of limitless opportunities to see if he can develop that Gabbert is getting before being discarded as hopeless.  Caldwell and Bradley are pretty slow to dump the younger players like Gabbert, Branch and Rackley even though we MB warriors can't see any hope.  This bunch isn't ever going to get another chance once they finally run out their string.  It won't be the Whimper / Bradfield shuffle.
Pages: 1 2