Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***the Jungle Official Twitter Post**
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@<b>RapSheet</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/385878195087491072' title="2:25 PM - 3 Oct 13">49m</a>

<p class="">Talked MJD & Jags on <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL'>@<b>NFL_ATL</b></a>: Contract talks havent begun. Jags open to re-signing him, MJD open to that. But focus is on games, not future

edit: nvm

it said havenT
The only way I'd want him back is if he takes a pay cut.

There's no way I'm paying him top dollar to stay here. I think he knows he won't do any better in free agency, which is why he'll be back in uniform next year.
Doubt they offer MJD any serious  $$

Quote:edit: nvm

it said havenT
I doubt we resign him but it depends on the price
Quote:Doubt they offer MJD any serious  $$
this^
If he comes back, I'd guess it probably be something like a 2 yr/6m$ deal with incentives maybe?

Haven't seen anything from him this season.
Quote:Haven't seen anything from him this season.
He's got the 3rd lowest yds before contact numbers in the league at .88yds/carry.

The O-line is hampering our running game so badly...
When your team is this bad, you have to find things to get excited about.

Three things for me this game.

How much will Blackmon improve our offense and will he help give MJD some running room?

How will we look with the changes on the O-line?  Will we be pleasantly surprised?  Or will it be what most expect?  

How will we look against another very bad team?  Can we compete at all?  

So yeah, there ya go.

Quote:When your team is this bad, you have to find things to get excited about.

Three things for me this game.

How much will Blackmon improve our offense and will he help give MJD some running room?

How will we look with the changes on the O-line?  Will we be pleasantly surprised?  Or will it be what most expect?  

How will we look against another very bad team?  Can we compete at all?  

So yeah, there ya go.

I think Joeckel will really look promising at OLT this week, even against a good pass rusher like Quinn. 
Quote:I think Joeckel will really look promising at OLT this week, even against a good pass rusher like Quinn. 

I'm hoping so.  They said he looked comfortable first day making the switch back.
I love MJD, but not worth re-signing him at any price. Work a trade like Monroe, get what you can back.

Quote:I love MJD, but not worth re-signing him at any price. Work a trade like Monroe, get what you can back.
Caldwell already made it clear that isnt happening.
Quote:Caldwell already made it clear that isnt happening.

Well, in Caldwell's position, they asked him straight up.  I think he would listen to trades just like any GM, but if you state publicly certain guys are on the trading block, it is going to hurt the locker room.  Just my thoughts...
Quote:I love MJD, but not worth re-signing him at any price. Work a trade like Monroe, get what you can back.

How about $1?
Quote:Well, in Caldwell's position, they asked him straight up.  I think he would listen to trades just like any GM, but if you state publicly certain guys are on the trading block, it is going to hurt the locker room.  Just my thoughts...
I agree with you, but up until now Caldwell has been very transparent with the media.  I'm sure the right offer could quickly change his mind, but i don't see that coming and after listening to him yesterday, i think MJD is going down with the rest of us this year...
He should be back, just not convinced he gets a CJ2K type of deal anywhere. Jags bring him back on a 4 year deal.
@ryanohalloran 
Per Browns saying they didn't know Monroe was available, they called #Jaguars before trade w/ Ravens was done. Offer wasn't as good.

Quote:He should be back, just not convinced he gets a CJ2K type of deal anywhere. Jags bring him back on a 4 year deal.

4 year deal? Are you crazy?

Its not smart business to sign 30 year old, declining RB to 4 year deals. 

2 years is the max I'd go .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5