Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***the Jungle Official Twitter Post**

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@<b>RapSheet</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/385878195087491072' title="2:25 PM - 3 Oct 13">49m</a>

<p class="">Talked MJD & Jags on <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL'>@<b>NFL_ATL</b></a>: Contract talks havent begun. Jags open to re-signing him, MJD open to that. But focus is on games, not future

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2013, 06:29 PM by The Mad Dog.)

edit: nvm

it said havenT

The only way I'd want him back is if he takes a pay cut.

There's no way I'm paying him top dollar to stay here. I think he knows he won't do any better in free agency, which is why he'll be back in uniform next year.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Doubt they offer MJD any serious  $$

Quote:edit: nvm

it said havenT
I doubt we resign him but it depends on the price

Quote:Doubt they offer MJD any serious  $$
this^

If he comes back, I'd guess it probably be something like a 2 yr/6m$ deal with incentives maybe?

Haven't seen anything from him this season.

Quote:Haven't seen anything from him this season.
He's got the 3rd lowest yds before contact numbers in the league at .88yds/carry.

The O-line is hampering our running game so badly...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

When your team is this bad, you have to find things to get excited about.

Three things for me this game.

How much will Blackmon improve our offense and will he help give MJD some running room?

How will we look with the changes on the O-line?  Will we be pleasantly surprised?  Or will it be what most expect?  

How will we look against another very bad team?  Can we compete at all?  

So yeah, there ya go.

Quote:When your team is this bad, you have to find things to get excited about.

Three things for me this game.

How much will Blackmon improve our offense and will he help give MJD some running room?

How will we look with the changes on the O-line?  Will we be pleasantly surprised?  Or will it be what most expect?  

How will we look against another very bad team?  Can we compete at all?  

So yeah, there ya go.

I think Joeckel will really look promising at OLT this week, even against a good pass rusher like Quinn. 

Quote:I think Joeckel will really look promising at OLT this week, even against a good pass rusher like Quinn. 

I'm hoping so.  They said he looked comfortable first day making the switch back.

I love MJD, but not worth re-signing him at any price. Work a trade like Monroe, get what you can back.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I love MJD, but not worth re-signing him at any price. Work a trade like Monroe, get what you can back.
Caldwell already made it clear that isnt happening.

Quote:Caldwell already made it clear that isnt happening.

Well, in Caldwell's position, they asked him straight up.  I think he would listen to trades just like any GM, but if you state publicly certain guys are on the trading block, it is going to hurt the locker room.  Just my thoughts...

Quote:I love MJD, but not worth re-signing him at any price. Work a trade like Monroe, get what you can back.

How about $1?

Quote:Well, in Caldwell's position, they asked him straight up.  I think he would listen to trades just like any GM, but if you state publicly certain guys are on the trading block, it is going to hurt the locker room.  Just my thoughts...
I agree with you, but up until now Caldwell has been very transparent with the media.  I'm sure the right offer could quickly change his mind, but i don't see that coming and after listening to him yesterday, i think MJD is going down with the rest of us this year...

He should be back, just not convinced he gets a CJ2K type of deal anywhere. Jags bring him back on a 4 year deal.

[Image: 21jzwic.gif]

@ryanohalloran 
Per Browns saying they didn't know Monroe was available, they called #Jaguars before trade w/ Ravens was done. Offer wasn't as good.

Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:He should be back, just not convinced he gets a CJ2K type of deal anywhere. Jags bring him back on a 4 year deal.

4 year deal? Are you crazy?

Its not smart business to sign 30 year old, declining RB to 4 year deals. 

2 years is the max I'd go .