Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fidel Castro has died...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hi, Jaguars fans. CNN reports Fidel Castro tonight at age 90. Former leader was involved in the Russian invasion to Cuba in the 1960's. C'est Le Vie, Fidel.

Ding dong the witch is dead!
He was still alive?  Huh

I graduated HS in Jax with a Cuban friend that came from a close, loving family.  Anyway, I can't remember if he or his brother told me this Fidel joke that actually originated in Cuba, but I'll repeat it here (to the best of my memory and apologizing if I am telling it wrong to any others who may have heard this) in remembrance of his rule.

Fidel dies and goes to Heaven, but is rejected at the Pearly Gates so reluctantly goes to Hell.  The Devil is very happy with his new acquisition, but Fidel doesn't like the accommodations.  Fidel states that he accidentally left some of his luggage at the gate to Heaven, which have some necessary housewarming items he would need to make his stay in Hell more pleasant.

Fidel, therefore, asks to return to Heaven and inquire as to the whereabouts of his missing luggage.  The Devil denies the request, since there is no way he will risk his newfound prize escaping.  As a compromise, the Devil offers to send several of his demons to Heaven (under extreme penalty for failure) to find and return the luggage.

The demons show up at the borders to Heaven and look around, but cannot locate the luggage.  Determined not to go back empty-handed, yet realizing there is no way they will be admitted through the Pearly Gates, they stealthily sneak over a section of the wall, intending to look inside Heaven for the luggage.

An angel notices the demons coming over the wall and remarks to another angel "Isn't that something?  Fidel's been in Hell 10 minutes and already we have rafters!"
Quote:I graduated HS in Jax with a Cuban friend that came from a close, loving family. Anyway, I can't remember if he or his brother told me this Fidel joke that actually originated in Cuba, but I'll repeat it here (to the best of my memory and apologizing if I am telling it wrong to any others who may have heard this) in remembrance of his rule.

Fidel dies and goes to Heaven, but is rejected at the Pearly Gates so reluctantly goes to Hell. The Devil is very happy with his new acquisition, but Fidel doesn't like the accommodations. Fidel states that he accidentally left some of his luggage at the gate to Heaven, which have some necessary housewarming items he would need to make his stay in Hell more pleasant.

Fidel, therefore, asks to return to Heaven and inquire as to the whereabouts of his missing luggage. The Devil denies the request, since there is no way he will risk his newfound prize escaping. As a compromise, the Devil offers to send several of his demons to Heaven (under extreme penalty for failure) to find and return the luggage.

The demons show up at the borders to Heaven and look around, but cannot locate the luggage. Determined not to go back empty-handed, yet realizing there is no way they will be admitted through the Pearly Gates, they stealthily sneak over a section of the wall, intending to look inside Heaven for the luggage.

An angel notices the demons coming over the wall and remarks to another angel "Isn't that something? Fidel's been in Hell 10 minutes and already we have rafters!"

Ahahahahhaa that was pretty good
Castro grew up privileged, wanting for nothing. He then subjugated an entire nation to continue that privileged existence. Hell just gained another tenant.

Good night bloodthirsty tyrant man. May your days in hell be filled with 1000 times the agony you heaped upon a nation and people.
Maybe now, the U.S. can finally get over it and move on.

I hope the same for Cuba.

I thought he died 5 years ago.
Quote:Maybe now, the U.S. can finally get over it and move on.

Once the Soviets pulled out I never saw the sense in continuing the embargo. Nothing would have overthrown Castro faster than reintroducing opportunity and prosperity to the Cubans. 
Quote:Once the Soviets pulled out I never saw the sense in continuing the embargo. Nothing would have overthrown Castro faster than reintroducing opportunity and prosperity to the Cubans. 

Embargoes never hurt the real target, despots are masters at shifting the burden.
Quote:Maybe now, the U.S. can finally get over it and move on.

There's more important stuff that some of the citizens here have to get over and move on from.
Quote:Once the Soviets pulled out I never saw the sense in continuing the embargo. Nothing would have overthrown Castro faster than reintroducing opportunity and prosperity to the Cubans. 

I understood the first 30 years, but the embargo should've gone away as early as Bush 41's term, and at least by the end of Clinton's.  I agree completely with your statement.

I think things are looking up for the nation of Cuba.  Many that remember Batista are dying, and the younger generation may be more open to Western style economic and governing principles.  As the die-hard Marxists also gradually lose power and popular favor, people will slowly embrace the changes.
Quote:There's more important stuff that some of the citizens here have to get over and move on from.

Most citizens can get over and move on from multiple things at the same time. Multitasking the obvious is simple.
Quote:I thought he died 5 years ago.

He did. The smell got so bad that Raoul could no longer cover up the death.

He did create a superior healthcare system to your mess so it's not all bad.
Meh...
That's the best kind of Communist.  Dead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7