Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2017 QB market
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ck-market/

This article gives you a good idea on who could be potentially available come the off season. Certainly nothing to write home about.
I'll be very surprised if the Vikings don't pick up Sam Bradford's 2017 option.   There's no way they will know by March what they can expect from Teddy Bridgewater in 2017. 

Quote:I'll be very surprised if the Vikings don't pick up Sam Bradford's 2017 option. There's no way they will know by March what they can expect from Teddy Bridgewater in 2017.

I could see it, albeit in an unlikely scenario. The Vikings may be willing to roll the dice on a different FA QB (maybe Glennon) or look towards the draft for one. With Bradford, there's not very much upside. What you see is what you get.
Quote:I could see it, albeit in an unlikely scenario. The Vikings may be willing to roll the dice on a different FA QB (maybe Glennon) or look towards the draft for one. With Bradford, there's not very much upside. What you see is what you get.

For the Vikings to move on from Sam Bradford at all,   they probably will have to receive a pretty good or better trade offer,  especially when factoring in they traded a # 1 in 2017 and a # 4 in 2018 to the Eagles for him.   Considering the demand for QBs is greater than the supply,  the Vikings might be able to get a good trade offer for Bradford.  

The Vikings are definitely going to have to address their Offensive Line in the off-season on multiple fronts and could easily look for a long term successor to Adrian Peterson at RB.   They have a couple of extra middle round picks but currently not having a # 1 is a major roadblock.  
Id trade Bortles and a 2nd for Bradford
Quote:I could see it, albeit in an unlikely scenario. The Vikings may be willing to roll the dice on a different FA QB (maybe Glennon) or look towards the draft for one. With Bradford, there's not very much upside. What you see is what you get.
Glennon isnt half the qb Bradford is lol
Quote:Id trade Bortles and a 2nd for Bradford

I wouldn't

So glad you're not our GM.
With the right coaching staff and some improvements in the running game. I wouldn't mind seeing Nick Foles in Jacksonville next summer to compete with Blake Bortles and anyone else they decide to bring into the competition. Draft Pat Mahomes from Texas Tech or Luke Falk from Washington State on day two or day three and let Bortles, Foles, Allen & another rookie duke it out. 

Nick Foles would be good competition for Bortles. I also wouldn't be shocked if Landry Jones is a potential target, especially if Todd Haley is the next head coach.

Quote:Nick Foles would be good competition for Bortles. I also wouldn't be shocked if Landry Jones is a potential target, especially if Todd Haley is the next head coach.

Landry Jones is one the worst QBs in the league.
Quote:Glennon isnt half the qb Bradford is lol

Both are game managers. But at least Glennon can push the ball down the field.
I'd prefer Kaepernick as a QB for next season over Bradford/AJ Mcarron/ Foles/ Landry Jones etc etc
Quote:I'd prefer Kaepernick as a QB for next season over Bradford/AJ Mcarron/ Foles/ Landry Jones etc etc

I'm sure the progressive Southern city of Jacksonville would open Kap with open arms.

Quote:I'd prefer Kaepernick as a QB for next season over Bradford/AJ Mcarron/ Foles/ Landry Jones etc etc
AJ McCarron is much better than Kap.
Quote: For the Vikings to move on from Sam Bradford at all,   they probably will have to receive a pretty good or better trade offer,  especially when factoring in they traded a # 1 in 2017 and a # 4 in 2018 to the Eagles for him.   Considering the demand for QBs is greater than the supply,  the Vikings might be able to get a good trade offer for Bradford.  

The Vikings are definitely going to have to address their Offensive Line in the off-season on multiple fronts and could easily look for a long term successor to Adrian Peterson at RB.   They have a couple of extra middle round picks but currently not having a # 1 is a major roadblock.  

I don't know what moronic team would give up much for Bradford. He's an average QB at best. He's a game manager that rarely throws more than 1 TD a game. That's barely functional. 

Absolutely not. 
Quote:Both are game managers. But at least Glennon can push the ball down the field.

Agreed. Glennon at least has some upside, but Bradford has peaked. 
Quote:AJ McCarron is much better than Kap.
agreed
Quote:AJ McCarron is much better than Kap.

Nah I wouldn't say that at all.
Pages: 1 2 3