Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2017 QB market

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ck-market/

This article gives you a good idea on who could be potentially available come the off season. Certainly nothing to write home about.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll be very surprised if the Vikings don't pick up Sam Bradford's 2017 option.   There's no way they will know by March what they can expect from Teddy Bridgewater in 2017. 

Quote:I'll be very surprised if the Vikings don't pick up Sam Bradford's 2017 option. There's no way they will know by March what they can expect from Teddy Bridgewater in 2017.

I could see it, albeit in an unlikely scenario. The Vikings may be willing to roll the dice on a different FA QB (maybe Glennon) or look towards the draft for one. With Bradford, there's not very much upside. What you see is what you get.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I could see it, albeit in an unlikely scenario. The Vikings may be willing to roll the dice on a different FA QB (maybe Glennon) or look towards the draft for one. With Bradford, there's not very much upside. What you see is what you get.

For the Vikings to move on from Sam Bradford at all,   they probably will have to receive a pretty good or better trade offer,  especially when factoring in they traded a # 1 in 2017 and a # 4 in 2018 to the Eagles for him.   Considering the demand for QBs is greater than the supply,  the Vikings might be able to get a good trade offer for Bradford.  

The Vikings are definitely going to have to address their Offensive Line in the off-season on multiple fronts and could easily look for a long term successor to Adrian Peterson at RB.   They have a couple of extra middle round picks but currently not having a # 1 is a major roadblock.  

Id trade Bortles and a 2nd for Bradford

Quote:I could see it, albeit in an unlikely scenario. The Vikings may be willing to roll the dice on a different FA QB (maybe Glennon) or look towards the draft for one. With Bradford, there's not very much upside. What you see is what you get.
Glennon isnt half the qb Bradford is lol

Quote:Id trade Bortles and a 2nd for Bradford

I wouldn't

So glad you're not our GM.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2016, 04:14 PM by Caldrac.)

With the right coaching staff and some improvements in the running game. I wouldn't mind seeing Nick Foles in Jacksonville next summer to compete with Blake Bortles and anyone else they decide to bring into the competition. Draft Pat Mahomes from Texas Tech or Luke Falk from Washington State on day two or day three and let Bortles, Foles, Allen & another rookie duke it out. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Nick Foles would be good competition for Bortles. I also wouldn't be shocked if Landry Jones is a potential target, especially if Todd Haley is the next head coach.

Quote:Nick Foles would be good competition for Bortles. I also wouldn't be shocked if Landry Jones is a potential target, especially if Todd Haley is the next head coach.

Landry Jones is one the worst QBs in the league.

Quote:Glennon isnt half the qb Bradford is lol

Both are game managers. But at least Glennon can push the ball down the field.

I'd prefer Kaepernick as a QB for next season over Bradford/AJ Mcarron/ Foles/ Landry Jones etc etc

Quote:I'd prefer Kaepernick as a QB for next season over Bradford/AJ Mcarron/ Foles/ Landry Jones etc etc

I'm sure the progressive Southern city of Jacksonville would open Kap with open arms.

Quote:I'd prefer Kaepernick as a QB for next season over Bradford/AJ Mcarron/ Foles/ Landry Jones etc etc
AJ McCarron is much better than Kap.

Quote: For the Vikings to move on from Sam Bradford at all,   they probably will have to receive a pretty good or better trade offer,  especially when factoring in they traded a # 1 in 2017 and a # 4 in 2018 to the Eagles for him.   Considering the demand for QBs is greater than the supply,  the Vikings might be able to get a good trade offer for Bradford.  

The Vikings are definitely going to have to address their Offensive Line in the off-season on multiple fronts and could easily look for a long term successor to Adrian Peterson at RB.   They have a couple of extra middle round picks but currently not having a # 1 is a major roadblock.  

I don't know what moronic team would give up much for Bradford. He's an average QB at best. He's a game manager that rarely throws more than 1 TD a game. That's barely functional. 

Absolutely not. 

Quote:Both are game managers. But at least Glennon can push the ball down the field.

Agreed. Glennon at least has some upside, but Bradford has peaked. 

Quote:AJ McCarron is much better than Kap.
agreed

Quote:AJ McCarron is much better than Kap.

Nah I wouldn't say that at all.