Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Take Away His Red Jersey.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We keep hearing from the Jags organization folks that Gabbert is better in practice.  We hear that in practice he is by far the best QB on the team and that they just need Gabbert to act in the games like he acts in practice.

The problem here is the red jersey.  In practice Gabbert knows he is protected and that nobody is going to hit him.  If Coach Bradley and his crew really want to understand why Gabbert looks so much better in practice just take away his protection.  Of course he looks good in practice.  We all understand that he has the arm and the timing to make NFL throws.  What he lacks is the pocket presence and footwork.

So coach, if you would like the real Blain Gabbert to stand up, just take away his red jersey during practice and tell Babin he is free to take shots at the QB.  Then maybe he will understand why Gabbert looks like Tarzan from Monday to Saturday but morphs into Jane on Sunday.

Wow.

Quote:We keep hearing from the Jags organization folks that Gabbert is better in practice.  We hear that in practice he is by far the best QB on the team and that they just need Gabbert to act in the games like he acts in practice.

The problem here is the red jersey.  In practice Gabbert knows he is protected and that nobody is going to hit him.  If Coach Bradley and his crew really want to understand why Gabbert looks so much better in practice just take away his protection.  Of course he looks good in practice.  We all understand that he has the arm and the timing to make NFL throws.  What he lacks is the pocket presence and footwork.

So coach, if you would like the real Blain Gabbert to stand up, just take away his red jersey during practice and tell Babin he is free to take shots at the QB.  Then maybe he will understand why Gabbert looks like Tarzan from Monday to Saturday but morphs into Jane on Sunday.
Not sure how that would help. With our defense we have no pass rush. :teehee:
Quote:Not sure how that would help. With our defense we have no pass rush. :teehee:

Lol, tell the D to "Hit to the echo of the whistle". :yes:

That's actually a really good point.  I wonder if he'd ever consider that. 

As far as whether we could generate a pass rush, it would be a question of which is more inept, the defensive line or the offensive line.  COMPETITION!

Quote:That's actually a really good point.  I wonder if he'd ever consider that. 

As far as whether we could generate a pass rush, it would be a question of which is more inept, the defensive line or the offensive line.  COMPETITION!

We seem to be able to get a couple sacks a game.  Besides, you don't have to actually sack Gabbert.  He just has to know that you are allowed to sack him.  Oh you might have to pop him a couple times after a throw but we've been able to hit QB's all year even if we don't sack them.
Quote:Not sure how that would help. With our defense we have no pass rush. :teehee:

Yeah, but we also have no pass protection, so it equals out  :teehee:
Quote:We keep hearing from the Jags organization folks that Gabbert is better in practice.  We hear that in practice he is by far the best QB on the team and that they just need Gabbert to act in the games like he acts in practice.

So we just beat him until he folds or gets it right?  I'm ok with that.

And since you mention Babin, we need to put a shock collar on him and jack him up every time he lines up in the neutral zone.
Quote:So we just beat him until he folds or gets it right?  I'm ok with that.

And since you mention Babin, we need to put a shock collar on him and jack him up every time he lines up in the neutral zone.

Makes sense.

What I'm saying is just make practice more like the game for Gabbert.  Who knows, maybe he will figure it out but it's obvious from what the team is telling us that he is better in practice.  The only difference is that in practice he never has to worry about the rush because they are not allowed to hit him.

Excellent post.

Everything you wrote is very true. They say here in Indianapolis that to this day Jeff George is the best QB in shorts in the history of the game. That didn't help his career. 
wheres tom coughlin when you need him, bradley is too lenient.

I actually think this is a great point and valid in some regards. However, they will never consider this due to the possibility of injury. This change has to come within Gabbert and unfortunately, it's too little too late. We are going to move on from this and hopefully draft a franchise QB.

Quote:wheres tom coughlin when you need him, bradley is too lenient.
LOL! You're playing the Coughlin card? Of the 0-4 Giants?

Is Coughlin being too lenient with Eli?
Quote:LOL! You're playing the Coughlin card? Of the 0-4 Giants?

Is Coughlin being too lenient with Eli?
ok i guess you didnt get my point.... try reading between the lines next time  :whistling:
can we take away the red jersey and make him sit on the sidelines too?

Quote: 

So coach, if you would like the real Blain Gabbert to stand up, just take away his red jersey during practice and tell Babin he is free to take shots at the QB. 

I'd pay $45.95 to watch that on PayPerView.
I want them to take away all his jerseys

Quote:I want them to take away all his jerseys

I don't think that will happen until after this year.  Bradley is in the unfortunate position of having a 1st round draft QB who has had to transition to a different offense every single year.  A guy who on paper can make all the throws and should be an NFL QB.  It is easy to make excuses for a guy like that.  The problem is and has been that Gabbert is a different guy during games against good defenses than during practice.  So I understand Bradley and crew coming in here, looking at film, then watching Gabbert in practice and thinking they should be able to make this guy into a QB.

You know how some women think they can fix the scumbag boyfriend?  NFL coaches are like that with 1st round players.  They all think that if they get the guy in their system then they can make it work.  Unfortunately, they have about as much success at that as the women do with scumbag guys.

I'm just tossing out a suggestion that would allow the coach to realize he can't fix Gabbert so that he can move on.  Think of my no red jersey idea an intervention for the Jags coaching staff.  If they see Gabbert (the Gabbert we all suffer through on Sunday) in his true form every day, maybe they can move on.

Trade him to the Chiefs.

Quote:Trade him to the Chiefs.

Why?  Do they need another tackling dummy?
Pages: 1 2