Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blaine Gabbert Vs. Jamarcus Russell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I saw the comparison made between Blaine Gabbert and JaMarcus Russell and it made me look up their career stats.  I thought, it couldn't be this bad.  It scares me how similar these stat lines are.  At least we didn't pay Gabbert as much money as Russell stole from the Raiders.

Player                        From  To      Tm     G   W   L    T    Cmp   Att     Cmp%     Yds     TD    Int    Rate    Y/A    

Blaine Gabbert           2011   2013  JAX    27   5    22   0    405    758    53.43%    4176    21    22    66.7    5.51    

JaMarcus Russell       2007   2009  OAK  31   9    22   0    354    680    52.06%    4083    18    23    65.2    6.00  

source: http://www.pro-football-reference.com

Quote:I saw the comparison made between Blaine Gabbert and JaMarcus Russell and it made me look up their career stats.  I thought, it couldn't be this bad.  It scares me how similar these stat lines are.  At least we didn't pay Gabbert as much money as Russell stole from the Raiders.

Player                        From  To      Tm     G   W   L    T    Cmp   Att     Cmp%     Yds     TD    Int    Rate    Y/A    

Blaine Gabbert           2011   2013  JAX    27   5    22   0    405    758    53.43%    4176    21    22    66.7    5.51    

JaMarcus Russell       2007   2009  OAK  31   9    22   0    354    680    52.06%    4083    18    23    65.2    6.00  

Atleast Jamarcus won 9 games!.. Yikes
Next to Jamarcus Blaine is the second biggest bust in the last 10 years

^ Only reason Russel is considered a bigger bust is because he was the #1 pick. 

This thread is the official nail in the coffin for Gabbert as for as this MB goes. Oklahomie , please post in this thread.

The difference is Russel was drafted 1st overall, but also Gabbert is trying his best while Russel clearly wasn't
The guaranteed money makes Russell the bigger bust.  I'm pretty amazed he has 9 wins, almost double Blaine.

NOTHING MORE CAN BE SAID

Quote:I saw the comparison made between Blaine Gabbert and JaMarcus Russell and it made me look up their career stats.  I thought, it couldn't be this bad.  It scares me how similar these stat lines are.  At least we didn't pay Gabbert as much money as Russell stole from the Raiders.

Gabbert would have to win his next 4 games to equal the win total of Russell over a very similar time period. 

Plus Gabbert initially went to a better team.

Russell was drafted by this team:

2006 Raiders 2-14 

Total Offense Rank# 32/32

Offensive Scoring Rank# 32/32

-----------------------------------------------------------

Gabbert was drafted by this team:

2010 Jaguars 8-8

Total Offense Rank 15/32

Offensive Scoring Rank 18/32

Gabbert was drafted as a Franchise QB to a respectable team. Russell went to a team with a 2-14 record that was ranked dead last in total offense. (In fact the Raiders offense  improved with Russell at QB in 2007.)  A Franchise QB must uplift a franchise. Not let a franchise get worse under his tenure.

Gabbert is a bust. This case is closed.

Ugh, I knew it was bad, I just did not think it was that bad.
I just want Gabbert to get cut..... end the nightmare. 

Quote: 

Gabbert is a bust. This case is closed.
For a lot of us, the case was closed after his rookie season.

He just... Didn't LOOK right to me. It would've been irrational for me to call him a bust after his rookie season but I knew he wouldn't pan out after seeing the way he played. It's unfortunate that he actually turned out to be as bad as I expected.
Quote:For a lot of us, the case was closed after his rookie season.

He just... Didn't LOOK right to me. It would've been irrational for me to call him a bust after his rookie season but I knew he wouldn't pan out after seeing the way he played. It's unfortunate that he actually turned out to be as bad as I expected.

It was difficult to make the call with Gabbert because the NFL is changing. And the Jaguars were caught in this changing world regarding how Franchise QBs are judged.

Under the old way it could take 3-5 years for a QB to develop. Franchise QBs like Aaron Rodgers, Steve McNair and Steve Young were understudies for years.

But today is different. True Franchise QBs have an immediate impact. The Colts went from 2-14 to 11-5 with Luck. Wilson had a deep playoff run with the Seahawks.

The Jaguars were judging Gabbert under the old way. They didn't want to give up to early. But times change. Today Franchise QBs have an immediate impact. Gabbert's impact has been negative. He is not improving. The team is getting worse. Gabbert is a bust.
I have finally seen enough.  I was wrong, he is showing no sign of improvement what so ever.  

the funny thing is gabbert is giving effort into getting better lol. jawalrus was just a lazy bum.  one can argue jawalrus has had the better career. wow. im embarrassed. i always make fun of my friends who are raiders fans lol

Quote:Next to Jamarcus Blaine is the second biggest bust in the last 10 years
Vernon Gholston and Jason Smith off the top of my head are way worse than Gabbert.
Quote:This thread is the official nail in the coffin for Gabbert as for as this MB goes. Oklahomie , please post in this thread.

He won't do it...He's too busy worshiping at the "GABSTER" shrine....saying "Just 5 more years to develop to an arena league level QB.
Quote:Vernon Gholston and Jason Smith off the top of my head are way worse than Gabbert.

Those 2 were never Jaguars, we can give a hoot about them... We used a 1st & 2nd rd. on someone that would struggle making an arena league roster. Gabs should be playing in a flag football league somewhere. He's the worst QB I've seen play in the last 20 years.
Thank god for the new cba that was in place when we drafted Gabby.

Gabbert is the worst starting QB I ever seen, i'm talking bout guy who is the official starter not a guy who had to play due to injury, but even Todd Bouman looked better then Gabbert after he got off his tractor 

Pages: 1 2