Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: You Know What Was Outstanding Today? The Fans.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice crowd for an 0-3 team.   So a big salute and thank you to all those who came out to the game, and continue to support the team.

I'll drink to that.
Cosign. Weather was outstanding as well.
Agreed. Kudos to all the fans who made the trip, even with travels being more difficult this time around. Smile

It looked like more of the diehard fans stuck around til the end of the game, compared to what I saw in the season opener. Salute.

We stayed until the end. The weather was fantastic. The football sucked. We will be there next time.

From a TV perspective, the stadium appeared to be full until the late 3rd quarter. Kudos to the fans who turned out. The crowd looked really good until the game started to get away.

The crowd was certainly looking thin on the broadcast after the half.   Totally understandable, but very thin nonetheless. 

I'd have stayed....  and I'm still coming down for a game next month. 

:thumbsup: man i wish i can go to a game even if it ends up being 100-0

Outstanding?  They must have been out standing somewhere, because they sure weren't in their seats.  The place emptied out at halftime and the only fans I saw in the 4th quarter were wearing Colt blue.  Great crowd.

Always one to look for a positive, we were able to stretch out over the seats in front of us, and the poorly timed bathroom breaks and concession runs were nil after the 1st half.   Now, if I can just get the Jags to pad the tops of the seat backs....

I'd have to agree with this - it looked that way on TV too. 

But will the agenda driven national media report it this way and give Jax its props not only this year but for the past 3 for continuing to support a generally lousy product on the field? Nope. As I have always said, the NFL higher ups want the Jaguars to fail in Jax, so they pay certain influential media members to constantly spew negative slanted opinions about the Jags, and the ones that aren't getting paid by the NFL to report that way, simply just follow the herd, as can be expected by small potatoe media people in todays follow th trend/ never take a stand/ society that we live in. 

Quote:Outstanding?  They must have been out standing somewhere, because they sure weren't in their seats.  The place emptied out at halftime and the only fans I saw in the 4th quarter were wearing Colt blue.  Great crowd.

It emptied out somewhat by the late 2nd half, but so what - it does everywhere with a team thats down 37-3. 

That the Jags continue to get the crowds they do warrant the fans that do go - big props. 
Quote:I'd have to agree with this - it looked that way on TV too. 

But will the agenda driven national media report it this way and give Jax its props not only this year but for the past 3 for continuing to support a generally lousy product on the field? Nope. As I have always said, the NFL higher ups want the Jaguars to fail in Jax, so they pay certain influential media members to constantly spew negative slanted opinions about the Jags, and the ones that aren't getting paid by the NFL to report that way, simply just follow the herd, as can be expected by small potatoe media people in todays follow th trend/ never take a stand/ society that we live in.
Incredibly stupid comment - way to go, you've topped yourself!

The NFL wants Jags to fail? The NFL pays media members to slant stories regarding Jacksonville? Are they doing all this from a grassy knoll?

And of course, your standard "never take a stand/society we live in" What?

Your day job is writing for The Onion, isn't it?

Grandpa, I think you need a nap.
I've said it plenty of times (especially to my ignorant friends here in Minnesota & Wisconsin), the Jaguars have one of the more loyal fan bases in ALL of sports, this fan base has been through hell and continues to show up week in and out to support a team that isn't competitive, it makes me proud to be a Jaguar fan. The Bengals (just 2 years ago) had to offer a 2 for 1 ticket deal in order to avoid a blackout for a game that determined if they'd get in the playoffs, yet no one mocked them for it. Hang in there because better days are certainly ahead, a franchise QB will change the fortunes of the Jaguars on and off the field for a very long time, competitiveness and dominance in the NFL is cyclical, there was a time when the Steelers, Patriots, Colts etc were the laughingstocks of the NFL, our time is coming and it’s sooner than later.

Quote:Incredibly stupid comment - way to go, you've topped yourself!

The NFL wants Jags to fail? The NFL pays media members to slant stories regarding Jacksonville? Are they doing all this from a grassy knoll?

Wake up, Cletus....the NFL higher ups (the money people) at this point do want the Jags to fail in Jacksonville, so they can get their wish of a team in London or Los Angeles. 

Quote:Wake up, Cletus....the NFL higher ups (the money people) at this point do want the Jags to fail in Jacksonville, so they can get their wish of a team in London or Los Angeles. 

An NFL Team in London just won't happen.  The owners won't allow it.  Even if Shad Khan and Roger Goodell want it -- the other owners would never let it happen.

The NFL talks of wanting a franchise in L.A. but it really doesn't.  If any team's moving to L.A. it's going to be the Rams, Raiders, or Chargers.
Quote:Wake up, Cletus....the NFL higher ups (the money people) at this point do want the Jags to fail in Jacksonville, so they can get their wish of a team in London or Los Angeles.
Cletus? Are you now really reaching for some slur on Southerners, or something? You are really sad.

Oh, and thanks for all the information you provided proving your point. You would think that someone with your track record of drivel and being incorrect so often you'd at least attempt to provide some sort of facts. What was I thinking? This is the guy who plays both sides of a lot of streets so he can get attention either way.

Now you can go back to your nap.
I was there until the bitter end. The weather was amazing. If I had to guess, I think there was probably about 51-52k people at the peak.

Quote:An NFL Team in London just won't happen.  The owners won't allow it.  Even if Shad Khan and Roger Goodell want it -- the other owners would never let it happen.

The NFL talks of wanting a franchise in L.A. but it really doesn't.  If any team's moving to L.A. it's going to be the Rams, Raiders, or Chargers.
The Rams ownership wants to be back in LA. No effort is being made to give good faith negotiations on their stadium deal. Good deal for Jacksonville was Stan Cronkie leveraging out Shad from buying the Rams. I'm glad to finally be free of the Midwest. They assume up there that they will end up getting the Jaguars relocated to STL because Shad is a Illinois guy. Pipe dream.
Pages: 1 2