Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Burger King Launches 'diet Fries'...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<b>BURGER KING launches 'diet fries'...</b>

NEW YORK (AP) -- Burger King wants people to feel less guilty about gobbling up its french fries.

The world's No. 2 hamburger chain is launching a new crinkle-cut french fry on Tuesday that it says has about 20 percent fewer calories than its regular fries.

The chain says a small order of the new "Satisfries" clocks in at 270 calories because of a new batter that doesn't absorb as much oil. By comparison, a small order of its regular fries, sans crinkles, has 340 calories.

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/23511623/bu...z2fquN4eJJ
Unfortunately, the worst part, nutritionally speaking, of french fries is not the fat or batter, it's the potato.

You mean that ordering that diet coke with that triple whopper with extra mayo and cheese didn't make the heffers skinny?

Maybe this will work.......

I'll just eat 20% more.

Diet anything at a fast food joint is such an oxymoron.

Quote:You mean that ordering that diet coke with that triple whopper with extra mayo and cheese didn't make the heffers skinny?

Maybe this will work.......

LOL.....I always chuckle when I see that. They make sure they get the diet soda to go along with 1500 calories worth of food.  Laughing 
Burger King has crappy fries though.

Meh. McDonald's has done a better job of offering healther options on their menu, but it's still fast food.

Quote:Burger King has crappy fries though.

^^this^^
Quote:Meh. McDonald's has done a better job of offering healther options on their menu, but it's still fast food.
What? The salads that have more calories than their burgers?
Quote:What? The salads that have more calories than their burgers?

I've heard that too...that's just crazy!! What are they putting on their salads???
Quote:I've heard that too...that's just crazy!! What are they putting on their salads???

Dressing that's full of sugar. Of course McDonald's lists their calorie content with an asterisk. *without dressing.
Quote:Dressing that's full of sugar. Of course McDonald's lists their calorie content with an asterisk. *without dressing.

Ahh....I was envisioning a salad topped with a Big Mac or something! :teehee:
I've always liked Burger King's fries more than McDonald's.

SHOOT ME.

Quote:I've always liked Burger King's fries more than McDonald's.

SHOOT ME.

Alright, get in line behind the tebowites and Caldwell/Gus haters. Someone will get with you shortly.
Quote:Alright, get in line behind the tebowites and Caldwell/Gus haters. Someone will get with you shortly.

hahahahhahaha
Quote:Alright, get in line behind the tebowites and Caldwell/Gus haters. Someone will get with you shortly.

I'll squeeze right in between the Gabbert apologists and fairweather fans if you don't mind  :teehee:
Quote:What? The salads that have more calories than their burgers?

No...no they don't.

There is only one salad that is "high" in calories and its 450 calories because it is topped with fried chicken....most of their burgers are well above that.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrit...nfacts.pdf
Quote:I've always liked Burger King's fries more than McDonald's.

SHOOT ME.

I've always liked Wendy's fries of all 3 places...
Quote:I've always liked Wendy's fries of all 3 places...

Down here they changed them to a "fresh cut potato fry" and they load them on sea salt, ruined what used to be my favorite fries.

Pages: 1 2