Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pa. School Board Says Transgender Student Can’T Run For Homecoming King
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Pa. School Board Says Transgender Student Can’t Run For Homecoming King
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) – A western Pennsylvania <a class="" href='http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/09/24/pa-school-board-says-transgender-student-cant-run-for-homecoming-king/#'><span style="font-weight:normal;font-size:100%;color:rgb(0,153,0);background-color:transparent;">school[Image: icon1.png]</span></a> board won’t let a student who was born female but identifies as male run for homecoming king.

The Richland School Board didn’t rule on Kasey Caron’s request Monday night, but simply let stand an earlier decision by school administrators, which leaves the 17-year-old senior on the ballot for homecoming queen.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/09/2...ming-king/

Two steps forward, one step back.

I was born male, but I want to identify myself as a Utahraptor....can I do that?...

shocker girl can't be King and boy can't be Queen at homecoming, cue the panic from the PC crowd!

Oh how will that child ever live with this travesty!

Quote:I was born male, but I want to identify myself as a Utahraptor....can I do that?...

I'm down with that. You Have the head size:brain size ratio covered.

Quote:shocker girl can't be King and boy can't be Queen at homecoming, cue the panic from the PC crowd!

See above.

Quote:shocker girl can't be King and boy can't be Queen at homecoming, cue the panic from the PC crowd!

Yeah, hope that cute little kid in your profile pic never comes to you with this issue...
Quote:I'm down with that. You Have the head size:brain size ratio covered.

See above.

Right on time, cause I don't agree with your view I must be stupid. Funny cause your type is the one always preaching tolerance.....
Quote:Yeah, hope that cute little kid in your profile pic never comes to you with this issue...

If any of them did I'd help them through the therapy of their mental illness. Gender identity is a real problem and instead of addressing the mental issue we put a cute bow on it and package it as a lifestyle choice.

Most of them time it's a symptom of abuse at a younger age, but that wouldn't be PC to bring that up, sweep it under the rug America, it's what we do.

Quote:I was born male, but I want to identify myself as a Utahraptor....can I do that?...

I haven't seen any proof.

:woot:
Quote:If any of them did I'd help them through the therapy of their mental illness. Gender identity is a real problem and instead of addressing the mental issue we put a cute bow on it and package it as a lifestyle choice.

Most of them time it's a symptom of abuse at a younger age, but that wouldn't be PC to bring that up, sweep it under the rug America, it's what we do.

Not touching this with a 10ft pole.. Never had a warning...don't plan on getting one now. :no:
Quote:I haven't seen any proof.

:woot:

You want to see proof?? :blink:
Quote:If any of them did I'd help them through the therapy of their mental illness. Gender identity is a real problem and instead of addressing the mental issue we put a cute bow on it and package it as a lifestyle choice.

Man, you know nothing about TG people. The AMA quit listing it as a mental illness a long time ago. People are BORN that way, feel the the way they do from their earlist memories. It's not from abuse. The suicide rate alone for the TG community is 31% because they can't understand why they feel the way they do. Some feel it's like the universe played a big cosmic joke on them. I suggest you read The Invisable Partner by Dr Carl Jung and THEN tell me what you think
Look we can't do politics or religion on here so there's no point in debating it here.

I just find it extremely funny people like rollerjag that "preach" tolerance are the first to flame anyone that disagrees with the norm.

You want to have a conversation hit me up on twitter @jag4life00 I get political on there not here.

So who's getting political, I was stating the facts as they are understood today about the issue.

Quote:Right on time, cause I don't agree with your view I must be stupid. Funny cause your type is the one always preaching tolerance.....

You don't seem to understand what tolerance is. I recognize your right to state your views. I also have a right to comment on your view. I don't think you are stupid, I think you are ill-informed and insensitive, and one who believes it is courageous to put your ignorance on display because you are not being politically correct.

Far from being intolerant, I encourage you to expound on your views on this subject. It is quite possible to do so without being political or religious. I suspect you will provide evidence for everything I wrote in the previous paragraph and no further commentary from me will be necessary.

Quote:So who's getting political, I was stating the facts as they are understood today about the issue.

No one's getting political but we also can't get into religion which factors into the counter argument of it being natural and individuals born that way.
Quote:You don't seem to understand what tolerance is. I recognize your right to state your views. I also have a right to comment on your view. I don't think you are stupid, I think you are ill-informed and insensitive, and one who believes it is courageous to put your ignorance on display because you are not being politically correct.

Far from being intolerant, I encourage you to expound on your views on this subject. It is quite possible to do so without being political or religious. I suspect you will provide evidence for everything I wrote in the previous paragraph and no further commentary from me will be necessary.

like I said the parameters of the COC make it impossible to have this discussion in full here, hit me up o twitter or PM me if your really interested, which I know your not.
Quote:Man, you know nothing about TG people. The AMA quit listing it as a mental illness a long time ago. People are BORN that way, feel the the way they do from their earlist memories. It's not from abuse. The suicide rate alone for the TG community is 31% because they can't understand why they feel the way they do. Some feel it's like the universe played a big cosmic joke on them. I suggest you read The Invisable Partner by Dr Carl Jung and THEN tell me what you think

At one point the AMA didn't recognize PTSD, does that mean it wasn't a real mental illness until the AMA recognized it?

I don't doubt the high suicide rate among the TG community, it's horrible. I'm not advocating belittling them or bullying them, I advocate treating them.

Lastly earliest memories are horrible qualifications of origins of beliefs, acts or behaviors.

Quote:No one's getting political but we also can't get into religion which factors into the counter argument of it being natural and individuals born that way.

Only thing I see religious about any of this is that some people get hung up because people sin differently than they do....
Quote:Only thing I see religious about any of this is that some people get hung up because people sin differently than they do....

Can't go there on this board, wouldn't mind have a conversation about it but not here. Again it factors into the whole narrative of people being born TG vs it being an effect of influenced behavior.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6