Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone Have The Iphone 5 With The Ios7 Update?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With this new update it looks cheesy and has kiiled my text message screen to be horrindeous. Anyone else like/dislike the upgrade?

I have it...and Im not thrilled with it either!! The text screen is so white, its blinding me!! I do not like the new sounds either!!

Apple software gives me anxiety attacks.  (wish this were 100% joke but it is not)  breath...breath...breath...

Ugh, Apple. Why do people continue to pay ludicrous amounts of money for their products?

As far as software is concerned: Android > iOS, Windows/Linux > OSX.

As far as hardware is concerned: PC > Mac and (certain) third party mobile devices > iPhones and iPads.

I especially dislike the closed nature of their products. Paying significantly more (on average) for what, more restrictions? I'd rather stick with tech that doesn't require the approval of the manufacturer before I install software.

More on topic, I've seen iOS7's new text message screen and I had to ask myself what sane person would choose to put white text on light(ish) green background?

This is what happens to a tech company when you let art students dictate the design.
I actually haven't downloaded the update yet. I plan on waiting until at least Friday for less server traffic just because.

And mostly everyone I know who has downloaded it likes it.

Quote:I actually haven't downloaded the update yet. I plan on waiting until at least Friday for less server traffic just because.

And mostly everyone I know who has downloaded it likes it.

It took me a couple tries to get it downloaded because it was so busy.

I'm not crazy about some parts of it...but it's growing on me. The text thing is still hard to get used too!!
Quote:Ugh, Apple. Why do people continue to pay ludicrous amounts of money for their products?

As far as software is concerned: Android > iOS, Windows/Linux > OSX.

As far as hardware is concerned: PC > Mac and (certain) third party mobile devices > iPhones and iPads.

I especially dislike the closed nature of their products. Paying significantly more (on average) for what, more restrictions? I'd rather stick with tech that doesn't require the approval of the manufacturer before I install software.

More on topic, I've seen iOS7's new text message screen and I had to ask myself what sane person would choose to put white text on light(ish) green background?
Apple's OS has always been restrictive & uncustomizable.The only reason I have the iPad is to watch movies, TV shows, and sometimes the updates to fix the security patches on the apps are cumbersome themselves.

Im glad I switched to Android OS after the security breaches I had with iOS last year.

Got it the other day, the icons look kinda cheesy but you get used to it after a while. I will say that if there isn't major updates to the next iPhone (after the 5s), I will be switching to the Galaxy series. Apple has been a major disappointment since the regular 4 came out.
No iPhone, but can't stand it on the iPad.
Quote:No iPhone, but can't stand it on the iPad.

I don't mind it as much on the iPad compared to my iPhone...it's WAY worse on the phone!!
Quote:I don't mind it as much on the iPad compared to my iPhone...it's WAY worse on the phone!!

I just found out that it was an update. I worked half a day the other day and wife was off that day. I turned on the iPad and thought she spent all morning changing every option there was. I finally said something to her about how if didn't like her changes and then that's when she told me it was this update.
Quote:I just found out that it was an update. I worked half a day the other day and wife was off that day. I turned on the iPad and thought she spent all morning changing every option there was. I finally said something to her about how if didn't like her changes and then that's when she told me it was this update.

I updated my phone before I did my iPad so I can see what the differences were... I almost didn't do the update on the pad after I saw the mess it made on my phone.
Quote:I updated my phone before I did my iPad so I can see what the differences were... I almost didn't do the update on the pad after I saw the mess it made on my phone.

Is there a way to undo it? And if so, is that a bad idea?
Quote:Is there a way to undo it? And if so, is that a bad idea?

I don't think so...but I'm not techie at all!!
Quote:It took me a couple tries to get it downloaded because it was so busy.

I'm not crazy about some parts of it...but it's growing on me. The text thing is still hard to get used too!!

*To.......... Nice grammar.
Quote:*To.......... Nice grammar.

Did that make you feel all warm and tingly? Rolleyes
Quote:Did that make you feel all warm and tingly? Rolleyes
Don't talk to me
Somebody has a case of the grumpies.  Sad

Quote:Don't talk to me

I didn't... I wrote to you. Tongue

You would think someone on the grammar police would have realized that fact. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2