Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Serious question for North Florida people with teenagers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey I have a question for the locals out here. And since we just moved here and my 13 year old boy just started middle school last week. Could use some help so is picked on less. So serious replies from local parents only please.

I am curious what brands of clothes are popular with teenage boys. Everything from shoes to pants to shirts and so on.

So know what to buy my boy to wear to school and not get picked on. Like what is popular and what is not in style and stay away from buying. Any help be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Ray
Tommy. Looks like this thread was created just for you. This man wants a hypebeast boy.
No a concerned father new to area. Nothing wrong with being an awesome dad.
Disclaimer: I'm not a parent, but I was bullied at your son's age and went through the normal headaches of adolescence.

There's nothing wrong with encouraging your kid to look presentable around his peers. My advice is don't force him into any particular style, give him options and let him wear what he likes. In my opinion, t-shirts and jeans have never and will never go out of style. Just walk into any department store at the mall and look at what's on the mannequin, you'll get an idea of what's trendy these days.

As far as the bullying is concerned, I cannot stress enough the importance of finding an activity that'll build your kid's confidence. Sports can do wonders, just be encouraging. I notice that the kids I work with who are passionate about their activities handle themselves well at school.

Quote:Hey I have a question for the locals out here. And since we just moved here and my 13 year old boy just started middle school last week. Could use some help so is picked on less. So serious replies from local parents only please.

I am curious what brands of clothes are popular with teenage boys. Everything from shoes to pants to shirts and so on.

So know what to buy my boy to wear to school and not get picked on. Like what is popular and what is not in style and stay away from buying. Any help be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Ray

Just go to Walmart and buy 15 Tebow jersey and 15 pairs of jean shorts. You'll be set.
A muumuu is hard to beat on a hot day.
Khaki shorts with a Quiksilver/surf logo t shirt or khaki shorts with a Abercrombie/prep style shirt. Can't go wrong with either of those.
A tuxedo shirt and a fake guitar strapped over his shoulder and nothing else will matter.  He'll be rocking 24/7, and dressed in formal occasions, too. 

Board shorts and T's. Hit up the surf shops and bring some money.

http://www.quiksilver.com/

Quote:Hey I have a question for the locals out here. And since we just moved here and my 13 year old boy just started middle school last week. Could use some help so is picked on less. So serious replies from local parents only please.

Thank you, Ray

My best advice: If he is being picked on, clothes will not change that. You need to look at another way to deal with it. Maybe he's just taking some lumps for being the new kid in school. Maybe he is overstating it because he is in a new place. He has to learn a new town, a new school, and make new friends. He misses the comforts and familiarity of where he lived. I told you in your other thread that it took me a while to warm up to Jacksonville. It may be the same for him.

Then again, I could be way off base, and he's being picked on too much. If that's the case, you need to deal with that head on. How to do it is your call. Buying new clothes won't solve that kind of problem IMO. You're not addressing the issue.
It was more of mother n law wanting best. He got picked on one time for wearing Sketchers. But think more account of Velcro's. Which his other shoes still on moving truck. I swear we have the slowest moving service imaginable. Two weeks later still not here.

So I am concerned as well. Just trying to prevent some rookie hazing. Lol
Can't go wrong with zubaz (sp?)

Anyways, didn't want to start a thread about this but the craziest thing just happened. I'm sitting down for dinner, I get a knock on the door and its this van line delivering some guys stuff. He had the wrong house, but I told him to just throw the stuff in the garage. Stop by my garage sale next weekend. Everything must go. Low low prices. Some of this stuff is hideous. Seriously, a leg lamp and a teal recliner with the old jag logo.
Quote:It was more of mother n law wanting best. He got picked on one time for wearing Sketchers. But think more account of Velcro's. Which his other shoes still on moving truck. I swear we have the slowest moving service imaginable. Two weeks later still not here.

So I am concerned as well. Just trying to prevent some rookie hazing. Lol

Yeah...Velcro is just asking for it at that age.
I'm not a parent, but I only graduted high school a few years ago, so I have a pretty good idea of what he might go through. Dressing like other kids has an effect, sure, but it's more so the way people act around others. Just tell him to be himself, and he'll get a good group of friends around him.

You can never dress wrong if you join a nudist colony. Their Football team isn't very good though, so you will fit right in. Smile

On a serious note though ... Let your son pick his own clothes. No matter how cool you think you dressed him, "you" still dressed him.

Quote:You can never dress wrong if you join a nudist colony. Their Football team isn't very good though, so you will fit right in. Smile

I was wondering if your nudist colony and mine are in the same league. Do you guys play tackle or two wang touch? If its the latter, look for us on your schedule. We are the bare-a-cudas. Watch out. We bite! I'll be the guy with the number "1" shaved on the left cheek and a "5" shaved into the right.
Quote:.

Yeah...Velcro is just asking for it at that age.

Yea ai blame me so busy with job hunting. Harder then I thought it be out here. Still no lick. After going through entire employment agencies in jax phone book. And in craigs list. the whole go to interview and love my work experience and make a great fit and def call you later in day to start Monday and never got call back thing is new to me.

But yea seen it other day and was like. Are you asking for him to be hazed?
If I could spell tonight be nice.
Is it just me, or is this dude's grammar a complete train wreck?

That being said, don't listen to "Beach Bunnie" or whatever her name is, just let your kid find himself. Obviously you don't want him looking homeless or anything, but let him find his own identity and he'll find friends. Everyone has at least one friend. except for Tommy.

Yes my grammar stinks. Who did not know that.
Pages: 1 2 3