Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Jones Drew worth a 1st?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Do you see the Jaguars following the Browns and trading away their only Playmaker for a 1st round pick?

Is he worth a 1st round pick with all his injury history?

Does he remain a Jaguar for the rest of his career?

I hope he stays, however I believe Caldwell would do it for a 1st in a heartbeat...Realistically I think the most we would get for MJD is a 3rd...Remember Boldin went for a 6th.

Your on crack if you think the Jags can get a first for MJD.
No he would have been a few years ago.  but as you stated due to injury and the fact he walks at the end of this year as free agent why trade now when you can bid for him in off-season

1)Absolutely not.

2) Absolutely not.

3) I don't think he does. I see him going elsewhere sooner than later. As much as I like the guy he's not in the future plans in my opinion.

4) Caldwell would trade Mojo for a 1st in a heartbeat but it would never happen.
Quote:Do you see the Jaguars following the Browns and trading away their only Playmaker for a 1st round pick?

Is he worth a 1st round pick with all his injury history?

Does he remain a Jaguar for the rest of his career?

I hope he stays, however I believe Caldwell would do it for a 1st in a heartbeat...Realistically I think the most we would get for MJD is a 3rd...Remember Boldin went for a 6th.

Thats something the Jags should have done in 2011, heading into the Luck draft. 

Now, its probably too late to recoup much value in MoJo. We'd probably be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th for him. Sad thing is...I'd probably still make that deal... 
Quote:Thats something the Jags should have done in 2011, heading into the Luck draft. 

Now, its probably too late to recoup much value in MoJo. We'd probably be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th for him. Sad thing is...I'd probably still make that deal... 
I'd take a 5th rounder.  He's not resigning with us as a FA.  We are going nowhere this year get the pick and move on..
I'd take a 3rd for Mojo in a heartbeat. I think this is his last season as. Jaguar regardless so getting a mid round pick for him would be good value.
Only Matt Jones would ask this question.

Quote:Only Matt Jones would ask this question.
no he would ask is an American Express card and magic powder was worth a first rounder.  In his head it was.
Quote:no he would ask is an American Express card and magic powder was worth a first rounder.  In his head it was.
What a waste of talent.  I still lament his self-undoing.  Weird, I know.
MJD is worth nothing in trade value.  Old, worn out, history of injury, heck, he's injured right now. 

This topic is utterly ridiculous.

Quote:MJD is worth nothing in trade value.  Old, worn out, history of injury, heck, he's injured right now. 

This topic is utterly ridiculous.

I wouldn't say "nothing", heck didn't we get a 5th a few years ago in exchange for Mike Thomas of all people....and he couldn't play...

Jags could probably get a 4th for Mojo, if not a late 3rd....but it would have to be to a team motivated to trade for a RB, and probably outside the conference, like say the NY Giants.... :whistling: 
If MJD gets out there and puts up a few consecutive 100+ yard games, then he might, maybe attract a 4th round pick in a trade offer.   Maybe.  Right now?  He ain't worth a pick. Too many question marks. 

Quote:If MJD gets out there and puts up a few consecutive 100+ yard games, then he might, maybe attract a 4th round pick in a trade offer.   Maybe.  Right now?  He ain't worth a pick. Too many question marks.

And you can kiss that idea good bye this week.
In a word no
No, but you never know a good team with no run game might get desperate. 

He's barely worth <i>a</i> draft pick, much less a 1st round pick at this point.  

I've been clamoring to trade him for two seasons.  They were IDIOTIC not to trade him during that holdout.

Should have traded him a few years ago when he had "some" value - people who think he has any value at this point in his career just aren't keeping up with the NFL.  It's a pass-happy league. 

The Trent Richardson trade is a good example of how NOT to run an organization.  Browns trading the 3rd overall pick for a late round pick from the Colts - really makes the Browns our only competition for Teddy. 

No
MJD is worth a fourth-round pick right now, at best, because he's a 28-year-old running back with an injury history whose contract is just about up. I still believe the Jags should've traded him during his holdout for a two. They likely could have gotten it, and the team realistically wasn't going to be all that much worse without him last year than with.

Pages: 1 2 3 4