Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rex Ryan: 2-8 Jaguars are 'the best two-win team I've ever seen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I thought these comments were interesting:

Quote:"That's the best two-win team I've ever seen," Ryan said. "That's the truth. I don't get it. Statistically, they're the seventh-rated defense in the league (in yards per game). They're ranked higher than we are on defense. Their offense is 21st in the league but now they're healthy outside and they got three guys that can really play.

"They had way more top 100 players than we did last year," Ryan continued, referencing the NFL Network rankings that listed five Jaguars and three Bills. "Looking at all that stuff, I thought it was the Jacksonville show. But you got a franchise quarterback, that's what they all tell me. You got Chris Ivory at running back, who's a great back – I had him with the Jets, I know all about him; he's a handful – and you got [Allen] Hurns, [Allen] Robinson and [Marqise] Lee is really playing well. ... So if you think we're going to overlook them, there's no chance."

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/21/rex-ryan-2-8-jaguars-best-two-win-team-ive-ever-seen/'>http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/21/rex-ryan-2-8-jaguars-best-two-win-team-ive-ever-seen/</a>
Rex for HC

More of what everyone seems to know.  We have a lot more talent than our 2-8 record indicates.

Heads will roll this offseason.

Rex apparently doesn't know who Gus is or the destruction he is capable of.

Quote:More of what everyone seems to know.  We have a lot more talent than our 2-8 record indicates.

Absolutely!
Quote:Rex for HC
He would be an improvement over Bradley, but I'm not sure I'd want him as head coach here.
Quote:Rex for HC
This
Bizarre season man. I mean really, are the odds even calculable that two weeks in a row a pick would come off a players foot. I mean damn. Is it truly the Marino curse?

It's because of the thing he didn't mention. Poor coaching staff and leadership. And another key factor, QB. We don't have him yet; unfortunately........

I like Rex wish we could have him as DC one day

It's really sad that Rex Ryan knows more about the Jags than Gus Bradley.

He's absolutely right.
Quote:I like Rex wish we could have him as DC one day
How do them feet look? Text the foot licking man some pics and maybe it can happen. :woot: ............................. Sick ................................. :yucky: .
Quote:He would be an improvement over Bradley, but I'm not sure I'd want him as head coach here.

Rex is a total wildcard.

That' is what is both best and worst about him.
Quote:More of what everyone seems to know.  We have a lot more talent than our 2-8 record indicates.

Agreed.  This has been a monumental opportunity squandered.
Quote:Agreed.  This has been a monumental opportunity squandered.
Especially considering the current environment in the AFC south. Wallbash
Quote:I thought these comments were interesting:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/21/rex-ryan-2-8-jaguars-best-two-win-team-ive-ever-seen/'>http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/21/rex-ryan-2-8-jaguars-best-two-win-team-ive-ever-seen/</a>

Short version, "your coaching is the worst I've ever seen!"
Quote:Agreed.  This has been a monumental opportunity squandered.
It's no different than last year.
Quote:Short version, "your coaching is the worst I've ever seen!"

Short version, "if they were getting consistent play from their QB!"

I just hope you're right.  My faith in Khan/Caldwell dropped a little when they kept Bradley past his first year.  I got frustrated when they kept him after his second season.  I thought they were crazy when they didn't fire him after last season.  And honestly, I thought they were downright stupid for giving him an extension after last season and keep him this season. 

So, sure, I hope heads roll!  But I just don't know what to expect out of this front office any more.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6