Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Love The New Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's going to mostly be the "old timers" that know who Fargin was.
(06-04-2017, 10:52 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]It's going to mostly be the "old timers" that know who Fargin was.

Nicely done in honor of one of the originals and he was certainly an original.  Smile
Very nice touch to honor Fargin with this forum title. Great idea.
Can anyone explain for those who have no idea lol
(06-04-2017, 03:23 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone explain for those who have no idea lol

Fargin was a long time poster and a good friend to many "back in the day" in the early days of the board.  He sadly has passed away since then.
(06-04-2017, 03:23 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone explain for those who have no idea lol

Fargin was a longtime poster who is no longer with us and whenever the topic of the pre-game "flyby" would arise in a topic he was quick to point out the difference between a "flyby" and a "fly-over."  He was usually pretty salty about it and that always made me chuckle.  IIRC he detested the fly-over term usage vs "flyby."  

I'm sure someone with a better memory could explain it better than my attempt here ^.
Pretty cool!
I haven't thought about him in a while. Nice touch.
He was my "wingman" at training camp for several years, and a loyal poster on this board. His loss was a significant one for this community, and this seemed like a fitting tribute since he loved to spar on the sideline.
I'm here ! And I remember Fargin. Awesome job guys !
(06-04-2017, 03:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

Fargin was a longtime poster who is no longer with us and whenever the topic of the pre-game "flyby" would arise in a topic he was quick to point out the difference between a "flyby" and a "fly-over."  He was usually pretty salty about it and that always made me chuckle.  IIRC he detested the fly-over term usage vs "flyby."  

I'm sure someone with a better memory could explain it better than my attempt here ^.

Frank was a retired Air Force veteran, proper terminology was important to him.
He would definitely get revved up if you mentioned fly-overs.
I can't say that I blame him though. That was back when the military was pretty strict regarding such things.
Fargin was a good Natured Guy, a little salty at times but a good natured guy
Look at the OP with an "Administrator" tag!
(06-04-2017, 04:25 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the OP with an "Administrator" tag!

I have no idea how that happened.

MODS!  Take care of it!
(06-04-2017, 04:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2017, 04:25 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: [ -> ]Look at the OP with an "Administrator" tag!

I have no idea how that happened.

MODS!  Take care of it!

Done.
Love the name of the forum.
Fargins flyby is a nice touch
Awesome tribute to a great fan and a highly respected poster.
Pages: 1 2