Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Love The New Name

It's going to mostly be the "old timers" that know who Fargin was.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-04-2017, 10:52 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's going to mostly be the "old timers" that know who Fargin was.

Nicely done in honor of one of the originals and he was certainly an original.  Smile
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Very nice touch to honor Fargin with this forum title. Great idea.

Can anyone explain for those who have no idea lol

(06-04-2017, 03:23 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Can anyone explain for those who have no idea lol

Fargin was a long time poster and a good friend to many "back in the day" in the early days of the board.  He sadly has passed away since then.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-04-2017, 03:23 PM)haveaseat Wrote: Can anyone explain for those who have no idea lol

Fargin was a longtime poster who is no longer with us and whenever the topic of the pre-game "flyby" would arise in a topic he was quick to point out the difference between a "flyby" and a "fly-over."  He was usually pretty salty about it and that always made me chuckle.  IIRC he detested the fly-over term usage vs "flyby."  

I'm sure someone with a better memory could explain it better than my attempt here ^.

Pretty cool!

I haven't thought about him in a while. Nice touch.

He was my "wingman" at training camp for several years, and a loyal poster on this board. His loss was a significant one for this community, and this seemed like a fitting tribute since he loved to spar on the sideline.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm here ! And I remember Fargin. Awesome job guys !

(06-04-2017, 03:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Fargin was a longtime poster who is no longer with us and whenever the topic of the pre-game "flyby" would arise in a topic he was quick to point out the difference between a "flyby" and a "fly-over."  He was usually pretty salty about it and that always made me chuckle.  IIRC he detested the fly-over term usage vs "flyby."  

I'm sure someone with a better memory could explain it better than my attempt here ^.

Frank was a retired Air Force veteran, proper terminology was important to him.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

He would definitely get revved up if you mentioned fly-overs.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I can't say that I blame him though. That was back when the military was pretty strict regarding such things.

Fargin was a good Natured Guy, a little salty at times but a good natured guy
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Look at the OP with an "Administrator" tag!

(06-04-2017, 04:25 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: Look at the OP with an "Administrator" tag!

I have no idea how that happened.

MODS!  Take care of it!

(06-04-2017, 04:32 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 04:25 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: Look at the OP with an "Administrator" tag!

I have no idea how that happened.

MODS!  Take care of it!

Done.

Love the name of the forum.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Fargins flyby is a nice touch
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Awesome tribute to a great fan and a highly respected poster.
Signature goes here.