Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: More terror attacks in London
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see that the conversation on the old board didn't make the cut, so I'm starting a new one here to continue the discussion.

Here's the latest.  7 dead, 45 injured.
Yet another horrible act of terrorism. It kind of bothers me because a very good friend of mine is getting ready to deploy there (England) with the Florida National Guard. I worry not only for his safety, but he's leaving behind a young child.

It's about time that those on the left acknowledge that terrorism is real, it's brutal and is a very clear threat not only to our country, but to all "western" countries.
It is a terrible thing. It's becoming quite a common thing over there. I feel for the folks. You don't even know if you can go to the store without incident. I'd still do what I gotta do but I'd still be concerned.
The worst thing is the feeling of not being able to do anything about it...
(06-04-2017, 05:00 PM)BritishJag Wrote: [ -> ]The worst thing is the feeling of not being able to do anything about it...

I feel sorry for you and your fellow countrymen.
If anything the turmoil London and England at large is experience is evidence that the surveillance state does nothing for security. England in large had one of the largest civilian surveillance programs in the world yet theyve been rendered helpless to stop these assualts
Good thing the Brits gave up their guns, wouldn't want them getting any ideas about self defense.
(06-05-2017, 01:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Good thing the Brits gave up their guns, wouldn't want them getting any ideas about self defense.

You do realize that the terrorists would be the ones utilizing their semi-automatic weapons to initiate mass murders, don't ya ?  Guess not.
(06-05-2017, 09:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2017, 01:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Good thing the Brits gave up their guns, wouldn't want them getting any ideas about self defense.

You do realize that the terrorists would be the ones utilizing their semi-automatic weapons to initiate mass murders, don't ya ?  Guess not.
[attachment=1]
(06-05-2017, 09:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Hmmm, completely defenseless or a fair fight? Which one to choose, which to choose?
Good Question -- perhaps you can ask the dead workers in Orlando that were just murdered by a gunmen
(06-05-2017, 04:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Good Question -- perhaps you can ask the dead workers in Orlando that were just murdered by a gunmen

Well, the travel ban is supposed to lessen the chance of a terror attack. But the countries of Great Britain France, Germany , Spain and a few more should be added. The attacks there..by locals and citizens could have those same people traveling here....not to mention Saudi Arabia. 
So might as well increase the ban to half the world.
As bad as it all is, sadly, if this was a Muslim employee, the news and outrage would be ten fold.
It's just a [BLEEP] up world.
The days of unlocked homes, drive ins, roller rinks, home when street lights come on, accountability of parents to themselves and their children , morals, a mans word, etc etc are over...and will never return.
Those who grew up in those times should cherish them. They won't ever be seen again.
Guns wont stop all the terror attacks, but it'd give someone a fighting chance.
(06-05-2017, 04:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Good Question -- perhaps you can ask the dead workers in Orlando that were just murdered by a gunmen

I wonder, as is standard in most businesses, if there were any CCW holders there who were disarmed by company policy?
(06-04-2017, 04:19 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Yet another horrible act of terrorism.  It kind of bothers me because a very good friend of mine is getting ready to deploy there (England) with the Florida National Guard.  I worry not only for his safety, but he's leaving behind a young child.

It's about time that those on the left acknowledge that terrorism is real, it's brutal and is a very clear threat not only to our country, but to all "western" countries.

So ISIS issues a call for everyone to attack western targets, and they get 3 guys with a truck and some knives.  

Seems to me the only threat to our country and our way of life is from people like Trump who panic every time something like this happens. 

Korea worries me a lot more than terrorism.
(06-05-2017, 07:34 PM)Ringo Wrote: [ -> ]It's just a [BAD WORD REMOVED] up world.

This pretty much sums it up !!!

(06-05-2017, 10:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder, as is standard in most businesses, if there were any CCW holders there who were disarmed by company policy?

Dumb Policy to not allow your employees to bring guns to work  :dodgy:
(06-06-2017, 12:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2017, 04:19 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Yet another horrible act of terrorism.  It kind of bothers me because a very good friend of mine is getting ready to deploy there (England) with the Florida National Guard.  I worry not only for his safety, but he's leaving behind a young child.

So ISIS issues a call for everyone to attack western targets, and they get 3 guys with a truck and some knives.  

Seems to me the only threat to our country and our way of life is from people like Trump who panic every time something like this happens. 

Those 3 guys killed 7 people and injured 48, 21 of whom are critically injured.

I guess they aren't a threat, huh?
(06-06-2017, 10:36 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2017, 07:34 PM)Ringo Wrote: [ -> ]It's just a [BAD WORD REMOVED] up world.

This pretty much sums it up !!!

(06-05-2017, 10:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder, as is standard in most businesses, if there were any CCW holders there who were disarmed by company policy?

Yes, in the right hands they save lives as this interactive map shows:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/05/gun-co...criminals/
(06-06-2017, 10:36 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

I've always thought that myself... especially since I work on a military base.  I think about it at times when I'm looking at one part of our building that holds classified data, and in another part of our building I see Pakistanis with their prayer rugs.

It's hard to not discriminate against people because of their country of origin or their religion, yet at the same time we have what is going on today.

I personally feel "on edge" when we have some foreign nationals in the building, specifically the Pakistanis, but what makes me "comfortable" to some extent is that the U.S. Customs service is also in the building and armed.
(06-06-2017, 11:32 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2017, 12:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]So ISIS issues a call for everyone to attack western targets, and they get 3 guys with a truck and some knives.  

Those 3 guys killed 7 people and injured 48, 21 of whom are critically injured.

I guess they aren't a threat, huh?

Statistically speaking, no, not a real big threat at all.
Pages: 1 2