Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chris Ivory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A recent article at Jacksonville.com features Ivory talking about helping Fournette along as well as working hard to contribute on the field in 2017:

http://jacksonville.com/jaguars/sports/2...ntribution

Quote:Although they are competing at the same spot, Fournette said Ivory has been a great teammate, telling him all the things he needs to know to get acclimated as a rookie with enormous expectations.

“I’ve never been a guy to take away from anybody,’’ Ivory said. “When you need the help I’m going to be there to support you. At the end of the day, you are still competing. He’s (Fournette) trying to figure out some things. I know how it was for me, when I first came in and trying to figure out things and I had to find someone to lean on. My guy at the time was (former Saints running back) Pierre Thomas.’’

Marrone and Ivory on Ivory's 2016 season:

Quote:“Chris last year, I don’t think he was in great shape when he was here initially and I think he was injured,’’ Marrone said.
Ivory said he is set on finding his stride, even in OTAs. Since January, he worked almost every day to overcome a hamstring injury.
“This year, I stayed with the trainers here,’’ Ivory said. “I took a week off (in January) and after that I got back to the work and I’ve been on it. I feel like I’m already in pretty good condition right now, kind of hitting my stride already.’’

I imagine he could do quite well as a spell-back for Fournette seeing ~10 carries per game if all goes the way we hope it will  with the rookie. 

gif posting test:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Ivory/Fournette is going to be a damn good "one-two" punch in the running game. I see this team looking different not only to us fans, but also to other teams. What is really nice is the reported ability of Fournette being able to catch passes out of the backfield.
(06-04-2017, 04:30 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Ivory/Fournette is going to be a damn good "one-two" punch in the running game.  I see this team looking different not only to us fans, but also to other teams.  What is really nice is the reported ability of Fournette being able to catch passes out of the backfield.

Indeed. Having two battering rams will be nice. Should make life easier for Bortles and the defense.
Ivory in the 2 spot will be great. How nice to know that when Fournette comes off the field there is still a chance we pound it up the middle.
(06-04-2017, 06:48 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: [ -> ]Ivory in the 2 spot will be great. How nice to know that when Fournette comes off the field there is still a chance we pound it up the middle.

Smash mouth football and wearing out the opposing team's dline. I can't wait to see that
Can't do much better at RB than the guys we have for depth. It will come down to getting push upfront. We need the offensive line to step-up, no question about it
I feel like we'll end up trading him
It will be nice to bring in Ivory on a drive to spell Fournette and (hopefully) just continue to wear down the opposing defense as their both vicious runners.
(06-04-2017, 07:20 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like we'll end up trading him

Maybe.  I think they'd be more likely to trade a player from a deeper position group though if they are trying to make a trade. 

Given the rate of RB injuries, I think they may be more inclined to keep him on.
(06-04-2017, 07:20 PM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like we'll end up trading him

I'm not sure if there are m(any) teams willing to take on his contract and I think he holds more value here than what teams would offer us.

Not sure what you'd get for him really.  Maybe Yeldon would have a little more value since he's younger and theoretically more versatile.
(06-04-2017, 07:47 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not sure if there are m(any) teams willing to take on his contract and I think he holds more value here than what teams would offer us.

Given his fumbling problem I don't know if he even has enough value to the Jaguars to be worth keeping.

Seems an ideal guy for Coughlin to cut to send a message, but he probably should have already have done it if he were going to, so I'm guessing he'll probably be on the team this season.
I would like 2 trade ivory if possible and have grant as the number 2 guy with yeldon as a third down back on third and longs only. Grant coming in to relieve fournette...the defense is tired from tackling the 240 lb freak...then boom! There goes grant for a 50 yard td
Yeah would love to see the one two punch with him and Leonard there.
I hope that Ivory is in the game if and only if Fournette needs a breather and is dying out there.

I don't think there should be a special "Ivory Package" where we feed him the ball to "get him going"... that's what we're supposed to do with Fournette only.
I agree. Nobody will want that contract/

Edit: quote function didn't work for me.
(06-04-2017, 08:23 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Seems an ideal guy for Coughlin to cut to send a message, but he probably should have already have done it if he were going to, so I'm guessing he'll probably be on the team this season.

Ivory makes $4.8million this season and would give us $7million in dead cap if cut, so unless he's clearly worse than at least three other running backs, I can't see him getting cut.
I still think people are sleeping on Yeldon. I think he'll be a valuable piece to the Offense this season.
(06-04-2017, 11:32 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2017, 08:23 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Seems an ideal guy for Coughlin to cut to send a message, but he probably should have already have done it if he were going to, so I'm guessing he'll probably be on the team this season.

Ivory makes $4.8million this season and would give us $7million in dead cap if cut, so unless he's clearly worse than at least three other running backs, I can't see him getting cut.

Part of what would have made it such a compelling move. "Your dead money hit won't save you" would have been the clear message and given Ivory's fumble rate last year and absolutely ridiculous contact it's not an unwarranted move.
Just don't teach him ball handling.
Pages: 1 2