Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Comey Hearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would love to hear from both sides regarding the testimony today. Both sides seem to think that they "won" so to speak.
From what I understand, these are the FACTS that came out in the hearing that we know right now.

1. Trump was told by Comey on 3 separate occasions that he wasn't being investigated.  That throws that fake news story out of the window.

2. Comey was "uncomfortable" with the then reported "chance" meeting on the tarmac at an airport between then candidate Clinton's husband (Former President Clinton) and then Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

3. Comey was "uncomfortable" with the fact that then Attorney General Loretta Lynch tried to direct him to say the the Hilary Clinton email investigation was a "matter" and not an "investigation".

4. Comey testified that he passed his "memo" to a third party to intentionally leak it to the press.  One thing that is interesting is, if he wanted to get this out to the press, why did he feel the need to use a third party?  One other thing to note, did this "memo" contain any classified information?  This should raise some eyebrows in the press, but of course it won't.

5. CNN and ABC had to retract earlier stories that this testimony was supposed to be some kind of "smoking gun".  It turns out that their "unknown sources with knowledge of the 'investigation'" were wrong.
What am I leaving out of this?
(06-08-2017, 04:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understand, these are the FACTS that came out in the hearing that we know right now.

1. Trump was told by Comey on 3 separate occasions that he wasn't being investigated.  That throws that fake news story out of the window.

2. Comey was "uncomfortable" with the then reported "chance" meeting on the tarmac at an airport between then candidate Clinton's husband (Former President Clinton) and then Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

3. Comey was "uncomfortable" with the fact that then Attorney General Loretta Lynch tried to direct him to say the the Hilary Clinton email investigation was a "matter" and not an "investigation".

4. Comey testified that he passed his "memo" to a third party to intentionally leak it to the press.  One thing that is interesting is, if he wanted to get this out to the press, why did he feel the need to use a third party?  One other thing to note, did this "memo" contain any classified information?  This should raise some eyebrows in the press, but of course it won't.

5. CNN and ABC had to retract earlier stories that this testimony was supposed to be some kind of "smoking gun".  It turns out that their "unknown sources with knowledge of the 'investigation'" were wrong.

You forgot, "The Left will still prance around like Trump committed treason even though this testimony clearly shows otherwise."
(06-08-2017, 04:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2017, 04:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]From what I understand, these are the FACTS that came out in the hearing that we know right now.

You forgot, "The Left will still prance around like Trump committed treason even though this testimony clearly shows otherwise."

That's pretty much a given.
From what I understand the Mueller investigation is the critical phase. Apparently he brought on prosecutor Weissmann who's past includes getting Sammy the Bull Gravano to rat out both crime bosses (John Gotti and Vinnie the Chin Gigante). Get the picture, this investigation is going to be about getting the insiders to rat out the boss.

I think that the only thing that's been made clear over the past few weeks is the fact that Trump doesn't understand that this Government has checks and balances versus a Dictatorship which is more of what he was used to in the commercial industry.
If I may summerise, it seems to me Comey kowtowed to Lynch in not telling it like it was against Hillary and did not cooperate with Trump when investigating Trump's inner circle.

When ya'll gonna figure out it's not you verse me but us against them? Them being the Federal government, Us being everyone else?
Comey testified that he himself interfered with the election by following Lynch's orders to downplay the investigation of a current Presidential candidate for political reasons. He also committed another felony by testifying that he did not take his concerns about the meeting with Trump directly to AG Sessions as required by law, because "we were hearing rumors the AG might recuse himself". It's still a felony, Comey. And there's likely a third felony for purposely leaking classified information to his buddy to get it into the press.

Funny that he uses "rumors" to try to explain away his felony, but when he emphatically states the Russians did "hack" the elections, he offers, as always, not one tiny shred of evidence. Comey is a slimy weasel and Russia is a nothingburger. But we knew that yesterday.
So a bunch of nothing shocker I say shocker
Trump attempted to obstruct justice in a matter involving his inner circle and, potentially, himself. That's basically what Nixon was forced to resign for doing.

I see Trump's early departure from office as an inevitability. The left has decided that he's to be impeached. The media, which is pretty much owned by the left, has decided to tell us all about how Trump is going to be impeached because he must be impeached. There are more than enough Republicans ticked off at him to at least open an inquiry, and frankly, I think the GOP would rather have President Pence anyway (as would many of us in the Grey Jedi Party, forever trying to find balance). It seems highly unlikely to me that Trump doesn't end up impeached at some point.

Unless, of course, a few months down the line he decides that he's sick of being investigated, sick of being attacked instead of having his boots licked and tired of all the covfefe in Washington, and simply slips a note to Spicer telling him to announce Trump's resignation and retirement to some tiny island in the South Pacific, far from CNN and far from the DOJ.
What I got out of it so far is that to me, right now the most plausible explanation for Trump's actions in regards to Comey is that, Trump probably just doesn't understand what he can and cannot do.  It's not criminality as much as it is gross incompetence and refusal to take advice from people who can steer him out of these self-created messes that pop up over and over and over.  

I don't think he's committed an impeachable offense yet.  He's coming real close simply due to complete incompetence and lack of understanding of what he's doing.  

Really, I think he's just too thin skinned to be President.  So he's being investigated or criticized, or whatever.  Stop fighting it.  It just makes you look guilty.  

He should not be President.  He's just not temperamentally suited to it.  

That's my opinion as of today, subject to change tomorrow.
(06-08-2017, 08:21 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]So a bunch of nothing shocker I say shocker

If only we could make another panel to get to the bottom of his testimony, then we would find out what was really going on! Wallbash

(06-08-2017, 10:34 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Trump attempted to obstruct justice in a matter involving his inner circle and, potentially, himself. That's basically what Nixon was forced to resign for doing.

I see Trump's early departure from office as an inevitability. The left has decided that he's to be impeached. The media, which is pretty much owned by the left, has decided to tell us all about how Trump is going to be impeached because he must be impeached. There are more than enough Republicans ticked off at him to at least open an inquiry, and frankly, I think the GOP would rather have President Pence anyway (as would many of us in the Grey Jedi Party, forever trying to find balance). It seems highly unlikely to me that Trump doesn't end up impeached at some point.

Unless, of course, a few months down the line he decides that he's sick of being investigated, sick of being attacked instead of having his boots licked and tired of all the covfefe in Washington, and simply slips a note to Spicer telling him to announce Trump's resignation and retirement to some tiny island in the South Pacific, far from CNN and far from the DOJ.

Trump loves attention. He will not retire.
Trump worked Comey like an adopted child. How many times did Comey perjure himself under oath? I just caught another one. Comey testified that he leaked his classified memo in response to a Presidential tweet about having "tapes" of their conversation. That is an obvious and provable lie. The NYT was publishing parts of Comey's "memo" THE DAY BEFORE Trump's tweet about "tapes".
(06-09-2017, 07:37 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]Trump worked Comey like an adopted child. How many times did Comey perjure himself under oath? I just caught another one. Comey testified that he leaked his classified memo in response to a Presidential tweet about having "tapes" of their conversation. That is an obvious and provable lie. The NYT was publishing parts of Comey's "memo" THE DAY BEFORE Trump's tweet about "tapes".

And he didn't just get the date wrong, he came up with this dramatic harrowing story about waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night praying hoping to the God he believes in that there would be tapes and thus corroborating evidence!

When they do that formal thing at the beginning about whole truth nothing but the truth... It's serious! I hope Comey has a good lawyer.
Comey: "Hillary lied but she's not a liar. Trump didn't lie but he's a liar."
(06-09-2017, 09:46 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]Comey: "Hillary lied but she's not a liar. Trump didn't lie but he's a liar."

Using Quotation Marks
The primary function of quotation marks is to set off and represent exact language (either spoken or written) that has come from somebody else. The quotation mark is also used to designate speech acts in fiction and sometimes poetry. Since you will most often use them when working with outside sources, successful use of quotation marks is a practical defense against accidental plagiarism and an excellent practice in academic honesty. The following rules of quotation mark use are the standard in the United States, although it may be of interest that usage rules for this punctuation do vary in other countries.
The following covers the basic use of quotation marks. For details and exceptions consult the separate sections of this guide.

Source:  https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/577/01/
[Image: DB4o5cOUMAAUIPJ.jpg:large]

(06-09-2017, 07:55 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2017, 07:37 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]Trump worked Comey like an adopted child.  How many times did Comey perjure himself under oath?  I just caught another one.  Comey testified that he leaked his classified memo in response to a Presidential tweet about having "tapes" of their conversation.  That is an obvious and provable lie.  The NYT was publishing parts of Comey's "memo" THE DAY BEFORE Trump's tweet about "tapes".

And he didn't just get the date wrong, he came up with this dramatic harrowing story about waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night praying hoping to the God he believes in that there would be tapes and thus corroborating evidence!

When they do that formal thing at the beginning about whole truth nothing but the truth...  It's serious!  I hope Comey has a good lawyer.

[Image: DB2DqC9XkAAGTVR.jpg:large]

(06-08-2017, 04:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]You forgot, "The Left will still prance around like Trump committed treason even though this testimony clearly shows otherwise."

Unfortunately, and predictably... early returns show the left has been accepting of these truths about as much as they accepted the truth of Trump's election win.

At some point, denial must turn to acceptance.  Otherwise, the trip to insanity hits high gear, and the distance from reality grows exponentially.
Isn't it interesting how individual filters leads so many different conclusions.

Ok, not interesting at all, very predictable.

Anyone declaring the matter settled are in for a surprise.
(06-09-2017, 02:30 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone declaring the matter settled are in for a surprise.

True.  However, it was kind of interesting to see how the media hype because of his upcoming testimony was so slanted by both sides looking for a "smoking gun" of sorts, yet there was no "climax" for either side.

Both sides claim "victory" on this issue and what does that exactly do for us?
(06-09-2017, 02:30 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't it interesting how individual filters leads so many different conclusions.

Ok, not interesting at all, very predictable.

Anyone declaring the matter settled are in for a surprise.

Interesting that you purposefully chose to use the talking point "the matter."  Very telling.

I have no doubt whatsoever you're in for even more disappointment.

Life, and truth, goes on regardless of whatever pre-conceived notions you're carrying.
(06-09-2017, 02:30 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone declaring the matter settled are in for a surprise.

No, we don't think the loony left will drop this at all.  In fact, they double down every time they lose,  destroying their own institutions in the process.
Pages: 1 2