Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Albert to provide competition in mandatory camp.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Brandon Albert declares that he'll show up for Mandatory Camp.   Tongue
I think everyone pretty much expected that. Good to hear he'll show up when risking income is involved.
It sure would be nice if he and Robinson were capable of dominant play at the T spots. I'm smiling just imagining zeros in the in the box scores for Clowney, Mercilus and Watt.
This was pretty much expected by most.
(06-09-2017, 01:38 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone pretty much expected that.  Good to hear he'll show up when risking income is involved.

So you're saying we aren't releasing him or trading him then?
(06-09-2017, 01:38 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone pretty much expected that.  Good to hear he'll show up when risking income is involved.

So, So True on both counts. The difference is that he communiated his intentions to coach Marrone rather than everyone speculating such, including myself.

NH3...
Unless there is some concession by the team I am struggling to see how he will put in the 91% effort that we Jungle dwellers demand. I hope I am wrong about his dedication to our team. With that said I extend a warm welcome to him.
(06-09-2017, 03:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Unless there is some concession by the team I am struggling to see how he will put in the 91% effort that we Jungle dwellers demand. I hope I am wrong about his dedication to our team. With that said I extend a warm welcome to him.

These guys are professionals, especially when it comes to veterans like him.  He's going to give it his all because it means 2 things for him.  1)  Make the team and play in the spot that he is designated to play.  2)  If he doesn't make the team (highly unlikely) he's "auditioning" for other teams so-to-speak.  Contrary to popular belief, I'm sure that coaches (not just head coaches) will and do share information with one another regarding players.

On a more likely note, he is playing for a new contract whether it's with this team or another one.  He's not going to under-perform and hurt his chances of that.
Miami drafted their future at the position but he was relegated to play LG. Albert was initially released, then traded to us the following year. Now we've drafted our future at the position and if Albert isn't careful, he'll be relegated to play the LG position.    Ninja

NH3...
I hope this team can establish a power run game.
(06-09-2017, 09:30 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I hope this team can establish a power run game.

When you add Albert to an OL that already includes Cam and Linder with players like Marquez Williams, Marcedes Lewis and Leonard Fournette on offense, I have to think they'll be able to control the clock with their run game. I'm so looking forward to some serious power running with Fournette looking like much like he always has on the field.
[Image: im_shocked.gif]
(06-09-2017, 03:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2017, 03:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Unless there is some concession by the team I am struggling to see how he will put in the 91% effort that we Jungle dwellers demand. I hope I am wrong about his dedication to our team. With that said I extend a warm welcome to him.

These guys are professionals, especially when it comes to veterans like him.  He's going to give it his all because it means 2 things for him.  1)  Make the team and play in the spot that he is designated to play.  2)  If he doesn't make the team (highly unlikely) he's "auditioning" for other teams so-to-speak.  Contrary to popular belief, I'm sure that coaches (not just head coaches) will and do share information with one another regarding players.

On a more likely note, he is playing for a new contract whether it's with this team or another one.  He's not going to under-perform and hurt his chances of that.
[quote pid='1001516' dateline='1497036801']
"On a more likely note, he is playing for a new contract whether it's with this team or another one.  He's not going to under-perform and hurt his chances of that."
It's always about the money with those athletes who are truly mercenary... I mean professional.
[/quote]
(06-11-2017, 09:02 PM)StitchJones Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2017, 03:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]These guys are professionals, especially when it comes to veterans like him.  He's going to give it his all because it means 2 things for him.  1)  Make the team and play in the spot that he is designated to play.  2)  If he doesn't make the team (highly unlikely) he's "auditioning" for other teams so-to-speak.  Contrary to popular belief, I'm sure that coaches (not just head coaches) will and do share information with one another regarding players.

[quote pid='1001516' dateline='1497036801']
"On a more likely note, he is playing for a new contract whether it's with this team or another one.  He's not going to under-perform and hurt his chances of that."
It's always about the money with those athletes who are truly mercenary... I mean professional.

[/quote]

I agree on the topic of money to which is the reason that Albert held out in the first place. We purchased his contract and he tried to force the team's hand but we were smart enough to draft at the position.  Banana

The ball is back in his court.  Cool

NH3...
Honestly, I expect Cam to win the LT job. I truly think he's a great prospect who has the potential of Tyron Smith. A top 10 or 15 pick that fell from the whole firearm situation at Alabama.
(06-12-2017, 03:43 AM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I expect Cam to win the LT job. I truly think he's a great prospect who has the potential of Tyron Smith. A top 10 or 15 pick that fell from the whole firearm situation at Alabama.

It appears Cam will get a legit shot to win the job, but keep in mind that Albert is considered one of the better starting LTs in this league. Personally, I'm still leaning toward Albert winning the job with Cam moving to RT or LG. I'm convinced they move him to RT, but Oesher is practically insisting it will be LG.
He's officially in the bldg as just reported by 1010XL

(06-12-2017, 03:43 AM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I expect Cam to win the LT job. I truly think he's a great prospect who has the potential of Tyron Smith. A top 10 or 15 pick that fell from the whole firearm situation at Alabama.

Personally I don't think the word potential equates to him being the best available product at LT on Day 1; although some may argue that you need your best OL at RT on opening day vs the Texans.
Albert is in the building:

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...327638b973

"Albert reported to the Jaguars Monday in advance of the team’s three-day mandatory minicamp, which will be held Tuesday through Thursday at the practice fields adjacent to EverBank Field."
(06-12-2017, 03:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Albert is in the building:

"Albert reported to the Jaguars Monday in advance of the team’s three-day mandatory minicamp, which will be held Tuesday through Thursday at the practice fields adjacent to EverBank Field."

Well hell.. I was just starting to get used to this tin foil hat..
(06-12-2017, 04:34 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]

It appears Cam will get a legit shot to win the job, but keep in mind that Albert is considered one of the better starting LTs in this league. Personally, I'm still leaning toward Albert winning the job with Cam moving to RT or LG. I'm convinced they move him to RT, but Oesher is practically insisting it will be LG.
Albert should be our LT unless Cam shows out tremendously, while Cam
will slide into the LG position if not.

NH3...

(06-12-2017, 03:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Albert is in the building:

It's time to take that physical.   Big Grin

NH3...
Pages: 1 2