Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Top 5 best players for '17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Whoever did this list last year, I enjoyed it. So here is my early peak of who is top 5 for 2017.

1. Ramsey - he's the best player on this entire team
2. Robinson - down year in 16, but 1400 and 14 is not a fluke
3. Linder - amongst all the oline changes, you cn count on BL
4. Smith - He might rank middle of the road in all categories but he will give you 1000% every play. 
5. Bouye - He climbed the depth chart, now it's time to make a name for himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Campbell - I can't wait for a possible 10 sacks. And FF
7. Jackson - He was well worth the money so far. 
8. Fournette - Yes he's already in the top 10 bc of his value to this team. And how he will help this offense.
9. Cam Rob - See above

And squeezing in at number 10 is...

Myles Jack - I think he will garner some serious attention like Ray Lewis did back in the day. He's fast and loves to hit. He didn't get hardly any playing time last year so he will be chomping at the bit.

Just for the record, I think Yannick is easily a top 5 player but Telvin Smith was an easier choice for me bc of his effort.

1. Ramsey
  2. Linder
  3. Campbell
  4. ARob
  5. Fournette
Jackson
Robinson
Campbell
Ramsey
Smith
1.Ramsey
2.Campbell
3.A Rob
4.Jackson
5.Fournette
1)Ramsey
2)Campbell
3)Jackson
4)Smith
5)Linder

Also, just because I can say it, Fournette is going to be an absolute bust.
(06-18-2017, 12:21 AM)Lundblombr Wrote: [ -> ]1)Ramsey
2)Campbell
3)Jackson
4)Smith
5)Linder

Surely you mean "BEAST".
1. Fournette
2. Ramsey
3. Telvin Smith
4. Cam Robinson
5. Campbell

(06-18-2017, 12:46 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2017, 12:21 AM)Lundblombr Wrote: [ -> ]1)Ramsey
2)Campbell
3)Jackson
4)Smith
5)Linder

Surely you mean "BEAST".

People really don't understand how special he is. In college he hit calculated speed just as fast as Tyreek Hill in the NFL and Fournette weighs in at 230 to 240 pounds! That is not normal! That is freakish. Anyone who thinks he will bust knows NOTHING about this guy and how highly regarded he is. LSU legends say he's the best player to ever play for the program. Keep in mind Odell Beckham played for LSU as well. The guy is a freak of nature. He's even said he and Dede Westbrook are staying in Jax to learn the playbook inside out. It's that kind of work ethic that makes him a grinder. The dude lived under a bridge during Katrina. He is no push over. He will succeed. It's in his blood. I'll bump this post when I'm right.

NFL polled executives who they would take AFTER Zeke's rookie season and Fournette won the majority without playing a single NFL game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-fournette
Coming season forecast...

1. Ramsey
2. Campbell
3. Fournette
4. Jackson
5. Bouye

Honorable mention: Jack, Smith, Robinson, Linder
This is what the top 5 should be (in no particular order). If it's not then the Jaguars made a really stupid draft decision back in April.

Fournette
Ramsey
Bortles
ARob
Jackson

The Jaguars have never had a better QB than Bortles of 2015. If he's returned to form he's one of the best players on the team. Same for ARob if the team plays correctly.

A top five selection at RB should be a guy that instantly comes in and gets 1200+ yards and 10+ TDs. If come December we're talking about how bad the blocking is and how Bortles is to blame for Fournette not looking like he'll hit those numbers then the front office made a big mistake. If he's not a running back that dictates what will happen and instead is dependent on everyone else for production then he was the wrong pick.

Ramsey is already a stud, period, and Jackson was the best defensive lineman last year, and probably will be up there with Campbell this year, too.
(06-18-2017, 09:31 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]This is what the top 5 should be (in no particular order). If it's not then the Jaguars made a really stupid draft decision back in April.

Fournette
Ramsey
Bortles
ARob
Jackson

The Jaguars have never had a better QB than Bortles of 2015. If he's returned to form he's one of the best players on the team. Same for ARob if the team plays correctly.

A top five selection at RB should be a guy that instantly comes in and gets 1200+ yards and 10+ TDs. If come December we're talking about how bad the blocking is and how Bortles is to blame for Fournette not looking like he'll hit those numbers then the front office made a big mistake. If he's not a running back that dictates what will happen and instead is dependent on everyone else for production then he was the wrong pick.

Ramsey is already a stud, period, and Jackson was the best defensive lineman last year, and probably will be up there with Campbell this year, too.

^This

With Ramsey's injury I'd put Campbell on the list instead of him.
1. BB5 - Huge comeback season, shows everyone what Caldwell saw in him.
2. Ramsey - Because he is Ramsey. Pure beast. 8 picks for him
3. C. Campbell - Because he is a modern day giant, a beast of a man who will get 9 sacks
4. M Jackson - Will learn from Campbell and take his game to another level. He gets 6 sacks
5. Fournette - Because he will do the same as he has his entire football life. Run over the competition. 1360 ground yards, 200+ receiving
I will go the crazy but just might work way.
1.Westbrook
2.Fournette
3.Campbell
4.Bouye
5.Smith

I have really good reasons why. But for right now. I will leave it be.
1. Ramsey
2. Campbell
3. Jackson
4. Bouye
5. Telvin Smith
How is Linder not on every top 5 list?
(06-18-2017, 02:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]How is Linder not on every top 5 list?

He's a great player, but interior linemen tend to get less attention than players at positions where their play can stand out. Plus it's not like most of the top 5 lists being put up are touting bad players.

Like I said, if Bortles returns to form and Fournette wasn't an idiotic pick then you're essentially asking for the top three players on the team besides those two. Hard to put Ramsey out of the conversation. Same for a WR that should be a 1000 yard double digit TD guy, which leaves one position, and you're essentially asking is Malik/Calais a lesser player than Linder. I don't think of that being the case, personally.
Ramsey could be our MVP in 17. He was locking guys DOWN. And backing up all the smack talk.

Linder is been our most consistent player since he's been here.

AROB is our most explosive player. So for me those 3 guys are automatically in the top 5.

Telvin Smith plays with conviction, so he was an easy choice even though his coverage skills are atrocious.

You really can't put Myles Jack in the top 5 bc he hasn't really played. But I'm surprised Yannick hasn't made some people's list.
(06-18-2017, 04:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Ramsey could be our MVP in 17. He was locking guys DOWN. And backing up all the smack talk.

Linder is been our most consistent player since he's been here.

AROB is our most explosive player. So for me those 3 guys are automatically in the top 5.

Telvin Smith plays with conviction, so he was an easy choice even though his coverage skills are atrocious.

You really can't put Myles Jack in the top 5 bc he hasn't really played. But I'm surprised Yannick hasn't made some people's list.

I considered Yannick and Malik, but ended up with Calais as my only DL. The other two would fall soon after.
Ramsey
Bortles
ARob
Linder
Telvin
Hard to guess right now, but the safe bets are probably:

Campbell
Jackson
Ramsey
Linder
Ngakoue
Smith (tie for 5th)